This has been kept quiet! 'Nadia rushed to hospital after suicide bid' (Merged)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lewisj24 wrote: »
    I said "Say she does".

Apologies, I missread, I thought you'd said "She said she reads..."

It's late. :o:yawn:
    She might not but she probably will as most of the HM's will i would suspect.

The only one who has mentioned reading the forums is Victor as far as I know. The others (Nick, Nikki, Brian) all said they just read the news.
  • Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    Does that include all the youngsters who have taken their own lives recently, including young children.
    I have no idea what you're referring to.

Now you mention it, I'll concede that I have some sypmathy for a child who's driven to suicide for some reason but, even then, I'm sure there are children out there in the 3rd world who'd be happy to swap lives with any british kid who decided to kill themselves.
  • BROXI BEARBROXI BEAR Posts: 9,279
    Forum Member
    About wrote: »
    Jeez, it's just a reality TV show. The housemates are there to entertain us - good or bad. Nobody deserves to get booed.

"Get over it!"

:rolleyes:

I'm well over it! :rolleyes: She should too. FFS there's worse things happening in the world, and she tries to kill herself over a fricking boo :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Si_Crewe wrote: »
    To be honest with you, I think suicide is ALWAYS the cowards way out for a healthy person. No exceptions.
    Commiting suicide because you're feeling sorry for yourself is a pathetic way to squander a human life.

Absolutely ZERO sympathy here.

Sorry.

I am very glad you have never been in a life situation where you just want an unbearable IT to stop, whatever it takes. People have killed themselves to finally 'escape' abusers, because they cannot bear the mental pain after the loss of a child or partner, and similar circumstances.
    Even the mentally strongest can reach a point where their head starts to throw up the idea that suicide might be the only true escape and at least bring peace. Soldiers have a higher than average suicide rate, for instance. They may be physically fit but the effect of sights in conflict or guilt over involvement in incidents can have long-lasting effects.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Decky3 wrote: »
    This has been kept quiet! Nadia tried a suicide bid last night! Poor woman. Get well Nadia. :cry:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/big_brother/3132544/Booed-Big-Brother-HM-Nadia-rushed-to-hospital-following-suicide-bid.html

What on earth are you talking about - This has to be kept quiet! - You have just posted in a public forum and the Sun, with a circulation of around 3 million, the highest circulation of any daily UK newspaper, higher than the BB audience figures, has featured a story about it.

It seems Nadia took an overdose (all the blue Smarties?) and was under observation for Wednesday evening - not kept in overnight mind- just for the evening, which is about how long someone waits in a busy casualty department.

How lucky Nadia didn't jump from a very tall building, so much harder to recover from, or a bit of wrist cutting- whoops scars and one might just cut the wrong artery.

I am heartily sick of this grandstanding and emotional blackmail being perpetuated in order to sue Big Brother and manipulate a media campaign.

Oh and a friend found her – let me guess who that was.
  • TracyTracy Posts: 6,229
    Forum Member
    It smells of Media sensationalism but if there is a grain of truth in this story it is very sad.

For **** sake it's only a game show.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 46
    Forum Member
    I do feel desperately sorry for Nadia as she clearly has some issues, but listeing and watching live feed over the last few days has made me believe that the housemates actually thought she was in the wrong with the coolio/nadia situation. Can any other live feed posters clarify this with me?
    Forum Member
    I'm more interested to hear what she's doing in a council flat.

What happened to the £65k she won 5 years ago?
    The country is full of people who could set themselves up for life with that sort of money.
  • TracyTracy Posts: 6,229
    Forum Member
    I do feel desperately sorry for Nadia as she clearly has some issues, but listeing and watching live feed over the last few days has made me believe that the housemates actually thought she was in the wrong with the coolio/nadia situation. Can any other live feed posters clarify this with me?

To tell you the truth if this really happened, it doesn't really matter if she was right or wrong in some stupid argument on a game show.
  • ee-ayee-ay Posts: 3,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm more interested to hear what she's doing in a council flat.

What happened to the £65k she won 5 years ago?
    The country is full of people who could set themselves up for life with that sort of money.

You are kidding, that's less than a tax bill for some in 2010
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some of you disgust me, what a world we live in and even if you don't understand depression can you not find it in yourselves to put yourself into her shoes for one second and imagine what the world is like for Nadia from her perspective.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And just to add - if you honestly think the hospital had any concerns about her health - do you really think, given her high profile, that it would have discharged her?

I appreciate many of you have tender hearts but look at the facts - Nadia announces she is suicidal and is supported in gaining exposure for this claim by a friend who posts in a public forum and by another high circulation newspaper featuring a story on the same topic.

She then goes on a TV programme where she is treated very sympathetically by the interviewer.

Following this she is rushed to hospital. This is quickly followed by a story in the Sun. How did they get the story? Someone told them.

All the time Nadia claims that she is suing BB. So where is her lawyer spokesperson. Rule one from a lawyer is to tell their client to shut up. So I can only assume she has yet to instruct one.
  • jendejende Posts: 21,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blimey - so Nadia taking lots of pills is a publicity stunt? Really? You know you can actually damage your organs for life by taking too many pills and living? Bit of a risky publicity stunt and she did it for attention, yeah she most probably did because she was feeling crap. Alot of people attempt suicide because they need someone to pay attention to them and make them better.

and yes, suicide is a horrible waste of life, but normally you have to be pretty screwed up to try it, even if just doing it as a cry for help. Hardly like you're doing it at your sanest. That's why you normally get referred for physicatric help after an attempt.

DS really should have a sign up saying 'Abandon all empathy, those that enter here.' because looking at ome of these replies, that seems the way it is. Whether you like Nadia or not, suicide attempt isn't really something that can be poo poohed away wth glib remarks.
    Forum Member
    [/B]

You are kidding, that's less than a tax bill for some in 2010

Yeah, people like Richard Branson or Alan Sugar. :rolleyes:

FYI, the average wage in the UK is currently around £25k which means the average tax bill is around £7k.

Then there's the issue of why you actually PAY tax to begin with.
    If you're earning enough that you need to pay £65k in tax then you sure as hell DO NOT need to be living in a council house.

Again, given that the average wage in the UK is £25k, how do you think people who ARE living on that sort of income actually manage??? :confused:

Fact is, if you give up the designer clothes, move out of London and buy yourself a sensible car you can quite easily set yourself up for life on £65k.
    Again, using the average salary of £25k and a mortgage rate of 3.5x salary you could buy yourself a terrific house almost anywhere in the North for around £120k and still have enough left over for some canny investments.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lovingituk wrote: »
    Some of you disgust me, what a world we live in and even if you don't understand depression can you not find it in yourselves to put yourself into her shoes for one second and imagine what the world is like for Nadia from her perspective.

I entirely understand depression and that is why I am so angry. True deep searing depression does not happen in between media interviews. It engulfs a person, it lays them out and drags them to the darkest of dark places.
    Forum Member

Some people disgust me, what a world we live in and even if you're not living on the street or dying of cancer you cannot put yourself in their shoes for one second and imagine what the world is like for those who are genuinely far worse off than you are.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, people like Richard Branson or Alan Sugar. :rolleyes:

FYI, the average wage in the UK is currently around £25k which means the average tax bill is around £7k.

Then there's the issue of why you actually PAY tax to begin with.
    If you're earning enough that you need to pay £65k in tax then you sure as hell DO NOT need to be living in a council house.

Again, given that the average wage in the UK is £25k, how do you think people who ARE living on that sort of income actually manage??? :confused:

Fact is, if you give up the designer clothes, move out of London and buy yourself a sensible car you can quite easily set yourself up for life on £65k.
    Again, using the average salary of £25k and a mortgage rate of 3.5x salary you could buy yourself a terrific house almost anywhere in the North for around £120k and still have enough left over for some canny investments.

I'm risking a ban here, but you don't have talk a load of shit.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,878
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh FFS! The night before the final. Definitely one from the Jade Goody self-promotion manual. Presumably she knocked back two Ibuprofen and an Exlax, then Marco rang 999 (after Max Clifford that is!) and hey presto!:rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jende wrote: »
    Blimey - so Nadia taking lots of pills is a publicity stunt? Really? You know you can actually damage your organs for life by taking too many pills and living? Bit of a risky publicity stunt and she did it for attention, yeah she most probably did because she was feeling crap. Alot of people attempt suicide because they need someone to pay attention to them and make them better.

I entirely appreciate what you are saying and I am not being glib. Yes pills can damage the kidneys and liver but it takes days, is a horrible death, is not reversible and if the hospital were worried that this might be the case, she would still be in its care.

Nadia is getting the attention without the suicide bid and to me this scenario is transparent.

Believe me if I thought it was genuine I would be hugely sympathetic.
    Forum Member
    I'm risking a ban here, but you don't have talk a load of shit.

Sorry but can you clarify which part of what I said was "a load of shit"?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry but can you clarify which part of what I said was "a load of shit"?

This bit of your post.......

you can quite easily set yourself up for life on £65k.
  • chelle6chelle6 Posts: 5,953
    Forum Member
    I do have sympathy for Nadia and I hope that she gets the help she needs for her depression.

I do not however think that the public or Endemol or even for that matter Nadia is to blame for this and anyone who supports the idea is ignoring her illness and not helping at all. The only way Endemol may be responsible is if there was any indication from her pych tests (assuming they do them) that she wouldn't handle being on the show. But perhaps there wasn't we don't know so we can't comment.
    Forum Member
    This bit of your post.......

you can quite easily set yourself up for life on £65k.

:rolleyes:

I already explained how that IS entirely possible and you replied by saying I was talking "a load of shit" so perhaps you'd be good enough to explain which part of what I explained to you actually IS "a load of shit"?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lastseries wrote: »
    I entirely understand depression and that is why I am so angry. True deep searing depression does not happen in between media interviews. It engulfs a person, it lays them out and drags them to the darkest of dark places.
    You're not in the midst of media though are you? I can imagine she doesn't know if she is coming or going, being told to do one thing then another being pulled left then right. And in the midst of that having abuse from the public, being felt you was set up by BB etc...
    Some people disgust me, what a world we live in and even if you're not living on the street or dying of cancer you cannot put yourself in their shoes for one second and imagine what the world is like for those who are genuinely far worse off than you are.
    Redundant post because I have empathy for those people and a million other scenarios. It doesn't mean I can not have compassion for someone in Nadia's position.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You're not in the midst of media though are you? .

No my dear I am not, but Nadia needn't be either. She is the one giving interviews and making announcements.

I will be more concerned about her in the weeks to come when the media lose interest in her and she is no longer in its spotlight.

That'll be the time when her friends really need to be concerned about her.
This discussion has been closed.