Options

The Amazing Famous People Spotted In Your Town Thread.

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,567
Forum Member
✭✭✭
John and Yoko used to stay in a small hotel in the Scottish town of Callander and were oft seen strolling down the main street.

My Dad swears during WW2 Queen Juliana of the Netherlands used to shop in our local Ladies Outfitters.

Comments

• Options
    dodradedodrade Posts: 23,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Johnny Knoxville once shopped in the Strabane branch of ASDA.
  • Options
    Gloria FandangoGloria Fandango Posts: 3,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Johnny Depp has been seen in Norwich on a few occasions, also in various small towns in North Norfolk as he has a home there. I haven't seen him but apparently he is very unassuming and keeps his head down.

Twiggy and her husband also often seen in Norwich as they also have a home close by.
  • Options
    catboy71catboy71 Posts: 471
    Forum Member
    John and Yoko used to stay in a small hotel in the Scottish town of Callander and were oft seen strolling down the main street.

My Dad swears during WW2 Queen Juliana of the Netherlands used to shop in our local Ladies Outfitters.

Michael Jackson once turned up in Callander too . He was looking into buying a property in Scotland at the time , and his limo turned up outside the newsagent so they could buy a map. Apparently Jacko was disappointed that nobody was wearing kilts.
  • Options
    Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    In Dundee I've seen Harry Worth (60's TV comedian who was looking VERY angry when I saw - total opposite of his TV persona), Lionel Blair, Roy Kinnear (who was very red) and Brian Cox (the actor). Keanu Reeves also visited Dundee, didn't see him but a friend met him and she said he was a very nice and polite young man and why couldn't her daughter meet someone like him.
  • Options
    Nattie01Nattie01 Posts: 1,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know he's not mega-famous, but as a teenager I worked on a Saturday in the Hull branch of Poundstretchers. One day Fat Boy Slim (then known as Norman Cook of the Housemartins) came in and asked me if we sold glue. We didn't. :D
  • Options
    HitstasticHitstastic Posts: 8,635
    Forum Member
    Cristiano Ronaldo in 2010.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/local-news/reddish-gym-nets-visit-from-ronaldo-968852

At the time I was working at the office above the Kingfisher gym and when we all found out that Ronaldo was arriving in Reddish, everyone in the office left their desks and wandered outside for the whole morning. Loads of people gathered within an hour. lol

He eventually arrived about 90 minutes later...and he had the face of a slapped arse. He literally couldn't have looked more miserable if he tried.
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    I met Snooker player Mark Williams in a local pub years ago.

Jeremy Beadle did a presentation at my school.

The Queen passed through but I was in bed.
  • Options
    homer2012homer2012 Posts: 5,216
    Forum Member
    went to hospital today and was standing next to a certain Dr Gerry McCann. I had to hold my breath and count to ten.
  • Options
    CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I used to see loads in Central London. Lacey Turner, Rhys Ifans, Fennella Fielding on Oxford Street. Richard E Grant in HMV Oxford Street. Super Hans from Peep Show with a kid in a pushchair!, Brian Dowling, Stingray from Neighbours and Andrew Lee Potts in Topman Oxford Circus. And Les McKeown from Bay City Rollers on Lower Clapton Road, Hackney. Oh the glamour! :D
  • Options
    InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Two Pints was filmed in my home town. About the only thing it's famous for. The writer was in the year above me at school.
  • Options
    Gloria FandangoGloria Fandango Posts: 3,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    homer2012 wrote: »
    went to hospital today and was standing next to a certain Dr Gerry McCann. I had to hold my breath and count to ten.

:( I think I would have visibly shuddered. That man does not have a good vibe.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember seeing Bill Steel when he opened Barnardo's back in the very late 1970s/very early 1980s.
  • Options
    fitnessqueenfitnessqueen Posts: 5,185
    Forum Member
    Katie Price >:(
  • Options
    cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ian Brown, Kevin Webster, Craig Charles, Roy Keane, assorted other footballers...that lump with the big dick who used to date Kelly Brook used to have a place here.

Jason Orange but I've not seen him for ages, or Fred the Weatherman :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    I remember seeing Bill Steel when he opened Barnardo's back in the very late 1970s/very early 1980s.

Who he ?
  • Options
    matchmakermatchmaker Posts: 1,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dr Neil Oliver lives in Stirling. My wife came across him one morning. His hair looks as good in real life as it does on TV!
  • Options
    Millie MuppetMillie Muppet Posts: 6,853
    Forum Member
    Daniella Westbrook (you didn't say if they had to be A, B or Z-list :D ) standing outside the Akash restaurant in Albert Road, Southsea, 'avin a **** and talking to several hangers-on, last December.

She was apparently in town to support Antony Costa in panto at the Kings Theatre; she's done it here herself before and quite likes the place I believe. I remember she brought a boyfriend for a stroll along the seafront which was conveniently papped by the Mail. :D
  • Options
    minxymoominxymoo Posts: 26,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    my friend once served eric bristow in a pub on the albert dock.my other half used to be a roadie and stage teched for loads of bands.bryan Adams- lovely apparently.bought drinks for all the road crew.kaiser chefs- off their boxes apparently.rita ora-she pinched his bum.im sure he was delighted me not so much.the killers- brandon flowers was apparently very arrogant and uttered the immortal words "dont you know who I am ? "
  • Options
    wear thefoxhatwear thefoxhat Posts: 3,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Johnny Depp has been seen in Norwich on a few occasions, also in various small towns in North Norfolk as he has a home there. I haven't seen him but apparently he is very unassuming and keeps his head down.

Twiggy and her husband also often seen in Norwich as they also have a home close by.

I'm not surprised you haven't spotted Johnny, it's because he goes about like a 'normal' person and not with a big circus of blacked out range rovers, bouncers and assorted 'personal assistants' that screams of 'look at me!', hence Scarlet Johansson just sitting in Inverness bus station on her own, dressed down in t shirt and jeans with no one bothering her.
  • Options
    BethaneenyBethaneeny Posts: 10,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Terry Yorath (Former football manager, father of Gabby Logan) comes into the pub I work in pretty regularly.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who he ?

He was a newsreader for Tyne Tees.
  • Options
    -Unicorn--Unicorn- Posts: 198
    Forum Member
    I saw Peter Andre eating nachos in our local Wetherspoons once... :cool:

Ross Noble gets spotted in our town a lot too, I'm guessing he lives local. My mate changed his tyre the other day lol
  • Options
    kazzykazzy Posts: 1,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    David Cameron ( I live in Witney :))
  • Options
    Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cavalli wrote: »
    Ian Brown, Kevin Webster, Craig Charles, Roy Keane, assorted other footballers...that lump with the big dick who used to date Kelly Brook used to have a place here.

Jason Orange but I've not seen him for ages, or Fred the Weatherman :o

Wouldve thought Fred the Weatherman has a new home thesedays?
  • Options
    TheEngineerTheEngineer Posts: 7,789
    Forum Member
    Vic Armstrong in Bracknell - you may need to look him up!