Amazing Race on Sky-on-Demand

For any fans of The Amazing Race, there is one episode (S20E1) of the show in the ABCStudios section of Sky Box Sets. Strangely there is only one episode, not a complete box set, but maybe they are going to show more soon? It's good to see the show back on UK TV again!

Comments

• Michael WalshMichael Walsh Posts: 1,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone any idea if we are going to see more episodes?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    I asked Sky for more information and they replied to me saying that "the full box set of The Amazing Race will be added to sky on demand mid-July." I have no idea if it's one series or more than one series, but at least it's something!
  • Michael WalshMichael Walsh Posts: 1,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for that, let's hope it comes off.
  • BMLisaBMLisa Posts: 15,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would pay for Sky box sets just for that if they added it.

I only ever saw it when it was on Challenge but I loved it.
  • Artemis1Artemis1 Posts: 1,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have been watching amazing race on youtube and there are series from a lot of countries.

Sometimes the link does not work for an episode or U.S. version maybe be in small screen .

The Australian version is brilliant.

I agree I would love it to be on sky demand.
  • MikayMikay Posts: 10,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi
    Great News.
    We will be showing 'The Amazing Race' on our On Demand service from 15/07/2015 until early 2016.
    Seasons 20 - Season 23 will be available to download from 15/07/2015.
    I hope this information is useful.
    Kind Regards
    Catrina
    Viewer Relations

Not all the seasons, but a great start! Can't wait to watch 23, as I gave up on it half way through and never got around to finishing.
  • PandakooPandakoo Posts: 5,429
    Forum Member
    For anyone that have seen seasons 20-23 are they worth a watch?? I've seen a few episodes in the past and really enjoyed them. Been meaning to catch up on a few seasons properly for so long and now they are on sky I have no excuse.
  • TheManWhoLaughsTheManWhoLaughs Posts: 7,271
    Forum Member
    Tyyleer wrote: »
    For anyone that have seen seasons 20-23 are they worth a watch?? I've seen a few episodes in the past and really enjoyed them. Been meaning to catch up on a few seasons properly for so long and now they are on sky I have no excuse.

Not as great as the early years, but 22 and 23 are both are bit of a return to form after a few terrible seasons.
    20's okay and has a couple of great early episodes - if you don't feel like investing in a full season, I'd recommend watching the third episode - I remember that one being a really well-designed leg.

21's the only one I disliked so much I gave up watching halfway through :o.
  • ItsTotesSoFluffItsTotesSoFluff Posts: 2,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Season 20 is good, it has BB Brendon and Rachel in it.
    Season 21 has twins Natalie & Nadiya who both appeared on Survivor recently.

I also remember liking and watching all of 22 and 23.

Even though they don't have season 24, that's an all stars season which features many couples from 20-23 :)
  • starrystarry Posts: 12,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    20 was the first I saw and it got me into the show. Since then I think it went off track really. At least the recent season brought self navigation back more. There's always something interesting if your a fan of it of course, though the budget definitely went down.
    Forum Member
    Season 20 is good, it has BB Brendon and Rachel in it.
    Season 21 has twins Natalie & Nadiya who both appeared on Survivor recently.

I also remember liking and watching all of 22 and 23.

Even though they don't have season 24, that's an all stars season which features many couples from 20-23 :)

Brendon and Rachel! I've gotta watch this season then. Hurry up July!!!
  • bananaman_007bananaman_007 Posts: 8,707
    Forum Member
    Twinnies yeah
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    Just a reminder that from today, seasons 20-23 of the Amazing Race are available to watch on Sky Box Sets!
    Forum Member
    I'm watching Season 20 atm but I'm finding the challenges really underwhelming so far
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've just finished season 20

I think I've only seen about 4 series from when they used to be on Challenge.

Won't say who wins but loved them, v well deserved.

Teams I liked:
    Bopper and Mark
    Rachel and Dave
    Brendan and Rachel

I switched with Art and JJ sometimes loved sometimes not
    Disliked Vanessa, she was mean to Rachel.

Others indifferent to
    Forum Member
    I'm getting really into this season now, took me a few episodes though.

Right now it's looking like a really predictable winning couple and I don't like them
    Forum Member
    Can I just ask what's with the non elimination challenges? Is it just random? I don't think it's really fair and feels like the producers could just decide it's a non elimination challenge based on who came last
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tyyleer wrote: »
    Can I just ask what's with the non elimination challenges? Is it just random? I don't think it's really fair and feels like the producers could just decide it's a non elimination challenge based on who came last

I think that's exactly what they do tbh.

But it would ruin the suspense for us if they told us in advance so....
    Forum Member
    I'm happy with the winning couple, they were definitely the strongest one.. Rachel was extremely likeable but her husband was so mean to her at times.

I really thought Art and JJ were going to win and I couldn't stand them. So I'm so happy they didn't.

And obviously couldn't help but root for Brendon and Rachel because of Big Brother.

Onto Season 21 next !
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Same here!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I liked Art and JJ until the UTurn drama.

I get why they were annoyed if they had a deal, but their hatred of Big Brother really stood in their way. Same with Vanessa. (Ralph was ok though)
    Forum Member
    Have you started season 21 yet? What do you think of it?

I guess this weekend is a good time for me to be ill, as I can stay in bed recovering and get through these seasons. This show is really addictive.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 162
    Forum Member
    I found season 21 (just watched it) pretty low energy and moany. Not as good as 20. Just started 22 and so far it has started much better.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have only just started 21, not really feeling it from ep 1 there's no one instantly likeable like series 20
    Forum Member
    Lorian wrote: »
    I found season 21 (just watched it) pretty low energy and moany. Not as good as 20. Just started 22 and so far it has started much better.

Season 21 definitely has a completely different feel to season 20. I only really like two couples (Trey & Lexi and the chippendales). I find the majority of the other couples really moany, annoying or unlikeable.