Three 4G Discussion Thread (Part 2)

Comments

• Stereo SteveStereo Steve Posts: 1,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will my ZTE Blade 6 be compatible? Sorry, I'll get my coat.
  • Synthetic42Synthetic42 Posts: 1,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    List of devices that currently support VoLTE (hardware wise) not necessarily supported by Three though - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VoLTE#Devices
  • -ajm--ajm- Posts: 5,879
    Forum Member
    Just to be clear, will places not listed get any 4G coverage?
  • Mass CoronaMass Corona Posts: 718
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jabbamk1 wrote: »
    If you want to be 100% certain you'll get VoLTE, get an iPhone.

Well, ALL I was ever after was 4G in my town like EVERY OTHER main network provider already does.

But no! That's far too simple and instead we may get something that require you dump your phone and buy a new one just to get Three. And STILL no 4G in the whole of East Kent!

Expect the norm (4G) and get something else that requires you to pay even more money for no good reason.

Worse: Be encouraged to dump all of android and go with iphones instead.

All that to get what the other networks are already doing? (4G)

It's laughable! If there is a way to **** the whole thing up, Three will find it and do it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    -ajm- wrote: »

Who knows?

They are making it better by not telling you what you will get, when you will get it or if your phone be able to get it if they do something.

All their was most of us just wanting/expecting 4G to come to our towns but instead we get all this other nonsense. Want 4G? Oooo no! We'll give you something else instead (maybe, but when if every we are not saying) and then you might get that new thing if you buy a new phone. (But not from us as we were selling phones that can't even do 800mhz)
  • GrannyGruntbuckGrannyGruntbuck Posts: 3,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    List of devices that currently support VoLTE (hardware wise) not necessarily supported by Three though - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VoLTE#Devices

Not the SGS6 Edge :o
  • Carl_BoysCarl_Boys Posts: 166
    Forum Member
    Not fusses about VOLTE but hope I can use the 800 for data on my iPhone 5s!?
  • Synthetic42Synthetic42 Posts: 1,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not the SGS6 Edge :o

That list might be a bit out of date... I know the S6 /Edge does and it's not on there...
  • jabbamk1jabbamk1 Posts: 8,942
    Forum Member
    -ajm- wrote: »

Of course they will in time.

The image itech posted is just a rough guide as to where VoLTE will be usable before the end of the year.

The 4G roll out is still ongoing and will be boosted by 800 switch on this month + 1800 capacity boost next month.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh to have 1800 boosted from sod all to some! (Plus my phone can get 4G 1800 as it can currently from EE!)
    Forum Member
    Oh to have 1800 boosted from sod all to some! (Plus my phone can get 4G 1800 as it can currently from EE!)

Alright, we get it. Calm down.
  • enapaceenapace Posts: 4,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Three have already shot themselves in the foot. Since when has Burton Upon Trent been classed as a city lol.
    Forum Member
    enapace wrote: »
    Three have already shot themselves in the foot. Since when has Burton Upon Trent been classed as a city lol.

Since when is half of that list classed as a city haha!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    enapace wrote: »

Three's disgusting behaviour is nothing to complain about apparent it and it's us that should claim down and not question Three's shit treatment of customers and screwing up everything they touch.

A little nowhere place next to my town has 4G on 1800 (so that everyone can get it but only there) yet my major place next to it has no 4G for any kind from Three and is not on any list. The nowhere place has one thing though: A whole load of filthy rich people living there! Then Ashford, Kent has it as that is where a Eurostar station is with rich people all around. But the whole of East Kent has been screwed over by Three time and time again. All the others are here on 4G so why can't Three be? Not enough rich people?

But apparently that's all our fought and we need to calm down.

Way too much money spent on meaningless adverts that claim to be making it better: No! They are rolling out the next thing before even completing the last thing that they promised to do BY THE END OF 2014!

And then put up the price of PAYG unlimited data for the same shoddy 3G only service. Not to mention expecting you to just go out and get a whole new phone for their latest fad.
  • GrannyGruntbuckGrannyGruntbuck Posts: 3,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Canterbury has it.
  • gardensleepergardensleeper Posts: 1,896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Three's disgusting behaviour is nothing to complain about apparent it and it's us that should claim down and not question Three's shit treatment of customers and screwing up everything they touch.

A little nowhere place next to my town has 4G on 1800 (so that everyone can get it but only there) yet my major place next to it has no 4G for any kind from Three and is not on any list. The nowhere place has one thing though: A whole load of filthy rich people living there! Then Ashford, Kent has it as that is where a Eurostar station is with rich people all around. But the whole of East Kent has been screwed over by Three time and time again. All the others are here on 4G so why can't Three be? Not enough rich people?

Way too much money spent on meaningless adverts that claim to be making it better: No! They are rolling out the next thing before even completing the last thing that they promised to do BY THE END OF 2014!

And then put up the price of PAYG unlimited data for the same shoddy 3G only service. Not to mention expecting you to just go out and get a whole new phone for their latest fad.

Quite a rant. A lot of it I agree with - they lied about coverage last year, which is why I changed to a network which could provide meaningful 4g coverage in my town. I suggest you do the same and vote with your feet!

Regarding 3's coverage of your area: I'd suggest their 4g rollout is more likely going to be about ease of fibre to sites, ease of planning applications and ease of site agreements with landlords, rather than an elaborate conspiracy to screw people over.
  • Carl_BoysCarl_Boys Posts: 166
    Forum Member
    Quite a rant. A lot of it I agree with - they lied about coverage last year, which is why I changed to a network which could provide meaningful 4g coverage in my town. I suggest you do the same and vote with your feet!

Regarding 3's coverage of your area: I'd suggest their 4g rollout is more likely going to be about ease of fibre to sites, ease of planning applications and ease of site agreements with landlords, rather than an elaborate conspiracy to screw people over.

Id agree vote with your feet, if they don't cover your area nothing's going to change, if you can do with 20gb data maybe BT mobile may worth looking at.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Since when is half of that list classed as a city haha!

Very true and specially not a major city as it says at the top.

When I was at Three I was told I would get 4G within 6 months where I lived. 2 weeks ago they just turned on a mast that just about provides one bar of 4G if you force it to. This is now about 18 months after that so I definitely know what you mean.

EE have started to finally rollout out 4G in North Staffordshire and South Cheshire which has been a while coming and made my life a bit better they need start upgrading the 2G only masts though there. Stoke on Trent seems to have finally started to get some 4G attention it has taken long enough both EE and Three did an odd few masts there and then left it for ages now Vodafone is rolling out 4G there they seem to have realised they need more masts upgraded lol.
  • Skippy2005Skippy2005 Posts: 735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you want to be 100% certain you'll get VoLTE, get an iPhone.

Would the iPhone need a carrier update as I have an iPhone 6 plus that was locked to Vodafone and is currently used on Voda, however I'm considering moving to 3 if we get volte fairly soon. I'm sick of Vodafone switching to E/GPRS despite very strong 3/4G, I have -72db 2100, -84db 3G900 and -90db 4G800.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Skippy2005 wrote: »
    Would the iPhone need a carrier update as I have an iPhone 6 plus that was locked to Vodafone and is currently used on Voda, however I'm considering moving to 3 if we get volte fairly soon. I'm sick of Vodafone switching to E/GPRS despite very strong 3/4G, I have -72db 2100, -84db 3G900 and -90db 4G800.

Yes it would require a Carrier update but as long as the phone is unlocked soon as you out the nano sim in it will get the most up to date Carrier update for the network.
  • binarybinary Posts: 699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alright, we get it. Calm down.

Yep, agreed.

There are other choices. One can switch networks.
  • binarybinary Posts: 699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Is that an accurate, up to date list?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    binary wrote: »
    Yep, agreed.

Which is what a fair few of us have done. Sadly a lot of people seem stick to one network regardless of how it performs. I hear loads of people complaining about Giffgaff but true won't change networks.
  • mogzyboymogzyboy Posts: 6,436
    Forum Member

You are aware that it's just a mobile phone network, right? It's not *that* serious...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    binary wrote: »
    Yep, agreed.

This thread is about Three and what it's doing. (Or not doing the majority of the time)

If Sainsbury's advertises an item for sale and due to its own incompetence sells out in the first 30 seconds leaving people arriving all day for an item they don't have, telling then that there is Adsa and Morrisons, changes nothing. The complaint is against Sainsbury's.