Ready, Steady.......

indianwellsindianwells Posts: 12,702
Forum Member
✭✭
Have you started preparing yet? I've just knocked up some scrambled eggs & smoked salmon on wholewheat toast. And very nice it was too with a glass of champagne!;)

Now i'm going to start on all the veg......:D

Comments

• Granny WeatherwaxGranny Weatherwax Posts: 52,923
    Forum Member
    Merry Christmas indianwells. My butler (Dad :D) is at the moment in the kitchen preping the veg. I sorted out the ice-cream for the christmas baked alaska last night, so really apart from drink my coffee (a bit to early for me to have champers) there isn't much to be doing at the moment. :D
  • Iggy's BoyIggy's Boy Posts: 3,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Merry Christmas Indianwells and Granny Weatherwax!

I am laying in bed at my sister's having been awoken by my neice and told there is no real coffee!!!:eek:

What a terrible start to the day!

Luckily I have no cooking to do!:D
  • Granny WeatherwaxGranny Weatherwax Posts: 52,923
    Forum Member
    Iggy's Boy wrote: »
    Merry Christmas Indianwells and Granny Weatherwax!

I am laying in bed at my sister's having been awoken by my neice and told there is no real coffee!!!:eek:

What a terrible start to the day!

Luckily I have no cooking to do!:D

Merry Christmas to you too!

:eek:

Leave. . . NOW! :D
  • rosemaryrosemary Posts: 11,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Merry christmas everyone :)

I'm off to my daughters for christmas dinner today...the first time in over 20 years I haven't done all the cooking :) it feels really odd,,,I keep thinking I should be slicing parnips or something :D
  • parthyparthy Posts: 5,408
    Forum Member
    Happy Christmas, one and all! :)

Just stirring now, after getting to bed at 4am. I was up so late wrapping pressies and watching films. (Die Hard 2 and Speed :o)

Going to feel around in the kitchen for smoked salmon now...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Happy Christmas one and all!

I'm quite relaxed. Yesterday I cooked the turkey, made the gravy and prepared all the veggies I could. Nothing to do now until about 1 o'clock so we're just about to pop into Lincoln and soak up the atmosphere (in the Wig and Mitre:D)
  • PamelaLPamelaL Posts: 67,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We're eating really late and it's just the two of us so for some reason I'm not stressing at all. I've had a look at the turkey, but that's about it. :D
  • missloomissloo Posts: 1,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The turkey is in the oven and am going to have a shower, then make some pancakes for hubby's breakfast then start the preparation of the veg :)

We are having a pretty standard xmas dinner

Starter - prawn cocktail
    Main - turkey with all the trimmings
    Pud - a choice of xmas pudding and cream or this http://www.nigelslater.com/recipes_view.asp?nRecipe_ID={C031A372-707A-4883-B1F4-6653B35EBC6C}&nRecipeCat_ID={ACCFD0C0-6F59-4487-8C1B-B35A8DACDA8F}&sSrc=
  • kate36kate36 Posts: 13,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PamelaL wrote: »
    We're eating really late and it's just the two of us so for some reason I'm not stressing at all. I've had a look at the turkey, but that's about it. :D

lol, did it look back??:p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    missloo wrote: »
    The turkey is in the oven and am going to have a shower, then make some pancakes for hubby's breakfast then start the preparation of the veg :)

We are having a pretty standard xmas dinner

Starter - prawn cocktail
    Main - turkey with all the trimmings
    Pud - a choice of xmas pudding and cream or this http://www.nigelslater.com/recipes_view.asp?nRecipe_ID={C031A372-707A-4883-B1F4-6653B35EBC6C}&nRecipeCat_ID={ACCFD0C0-6F59-4487-8C1B-B35A8DACDA8F}&sSrc=

hey a digital pudding!:p:o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Merry christmas to all ..:)

was up early cooked my beer can chicken and gammon just cooking the beef ..no turkey i don't like it.. will start on the veg shortly.. there is only me and my disabled mum here along with my 3 dogs who will also be having there christmas dinner too..
  • Iggy's BoyIggy's Boy Posts: 3,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Three cups of instant coffee trying to get a caffeine buzz but it's just not the same. I'd kill for a double espresso.

And breakfast was either toast or croissants! Where's the smoked salmon and scrambled eggs or indeed the full English?

I'm hoping lunch turns this sorry state of affairs around.
    Forum Member
    Iggy's Boy wrote: »
    Three cups of instant coffee trying to get a caffeine buzz but it's just not the same. I'd kill for a double espresso.

And breakfast was either toast or croissants! Where's the smoked salmon and scrambled eggs or indeed the full English?

I'm hoping lunch turns this sorry state of affairs around.

Who could complain about croissants for breakfast? Yummy! :)
  • RevengaRevenga Posts: 11,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    parthy wrote: »
    Who could complain about croissants for breakfast? Yummy! :)

Hmm, I love croissants for breakfast but not without real coffee to dip them in!

Merry Christmas everyone :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bacon sarnie on fried bread here with hp sauce:D
    i wouldnt swap that for anything

have just had my first mince pie of the day:D
    Forum Member
    Revenga wrote: »
    Hmm, I love croissants for breakfast but not without real coffee to dip them in!

Merry Christmas everyone :)

I don't drink coffee so have them with tea. :o:)
  • PamelaLPamelaL Posts: 67,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kate36 wrote: »
    lol, did it look back??:p

:D:D:D
  • McLovin85McLovin85 Posts: 1,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One very stuffed human here!

Time to get on the drink.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dinner just half an hour away...:D turkey, pork and all the trimmings :D

belgian chocolate gateau to follow, if there's any room...:D
    Forum Member
    Right, I need a nap after all that food inhalation. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i am just about sit and eat i have beer can chicken,beef,gammon with roast potato's stuffing pork chipolata and yorkies too ..