Bake-Offs Paul Hollywood leaves wife

Comments

• SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Borefest wrote: »
    A few months ago I saw a very old cookery programme with A very young Paul Holywood and equally young James Martin. They both came across as the biggest sleazes going. :eek:

Yep, I remember him on TV a few years ago. He was all right but not terribly exciting. He's definitely been getting more annoying and lairy on the Bake-Off series.

I hate the way these chef types behave as if cooking is akin to brain surgery. It's just a bit of food!! :rolleyes::p
  • fefsterfefster Posts: 7,388
    Forum Member
    I guess his new relationship with the piñata is on a

kneed to know basis

Ahem
  • fefsterfefster Posts: 7,388
    Forum Member
    When asked about rumours of him running off with his co-star, he replied

It's much a dough about muffin

Shall I stop?
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    He wanted to have his cake and eat it

His wife will probably want to mash his potatoes
  • duvindupainduvindupain Posts: 2,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fefster wrote: »

Shall I stop?

:D:D

You win the thread, fefster, this is genius!
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Shall I stop?

:D:D:D
  • jeff_vaderjeff_vader Posts: 938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What a donut ;)
  • tangsmantangsman Posts: 3,661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A right Fat Rascal!
  • whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    lexi22 wrote: »
    :D Love it!

As others have said, so pathetically predictable. He was always the jarring note on The GB Bake Off for me, always looked like he thought he was the dogs b and believed all that 'Clooney of Baking' hype rubbish.

I'm sure I saw Mary Berry side-eyeing him from time to time, like she got his measure.

I don't watch it but can so imagine this:D
  • Pandora 9Pandora 9 Posts: 2,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jeff_vader wrote: »
    What a donut ;)

Thats reminds me of Johnny, Fanny Craddock's husband telling the viewers "I hope all your doughnuts turn out like Fanny's" :D
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pandora 9 wrote: »
    Thats reminds me of Johnny, Fanny Craddock's husband telling the viewers "I hope all your doughnuts turn out like Fanny's" :D

Did that really happen or is it just an urban myth??
  • lozengerlozenger Posts: 4,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    Did that really happen or is it just an urban myth??

No, it's absolutely true - although he actually said "I hope all your cakes taste like Fanny's"
  • cazzzcazzz Posts: 12,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Shall I stop?

:D def not if you have any more lines that that:D
  • kate36kate36 Posts: 13,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Borefest wrote: »
    A few months ago I saw a very old cookery programme with A very young Paul Holywood and equally young James Martin. They both came across as the biggest sleazes going. :eek:

i saw that! i did wonder if the two of them were friendly off set, they seem very alike in their attitudes, i cant stand james martin either
    makes me wonder who influenced Paul Hollywood to buy an outrageously expensive sports car!! now i can guess!!:rolleyes:

sllly man, throwing away all he has for a five minute wonder!:(
    hope Mrs H takes him to the cleaners!
  • wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Let's hope there is/not a bun in the oven soon.
  • Hobbes1966Hobbes1966 Posts: 5,363
    Forum Member
    quatro wrote: »
    Yes Mary is the star of the show. One decent hard working woman who does not let her success across many years go to her head. I wonder what she makes of it all.

She's defending him with the old 'boys will be boys' BS.
  • SenseiSamSenseiSam Posts: 3,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the latest news is that BBC producers are considering whether to sack him but Mary Berry has apparently threatened to quit if he's pushed out. Mel and Sue are allegedly on his wife's side so if he does stay there could be an uncomfortable atmosphere on set. An insider has said the team was split 60-40 in favour of him staying but that it would depend on public opinion.

I wouldn't be sad to him him go and replaced with someone less in love with themselves. Mary, Mel and Sue supply the warmth and humour to the show.
  • Jo MarchJo March Posts: 9,256
    Forum Member
    Hobbes1966 wrote: »
    Really?...with women around ,still, like that boys (some) will continue to be boys:mad:
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SenseiSam wrote: »
    I think the latest news is that BBC producers are considering whether to sack him but Mary Berry has apparently threatened to quit if he's pushed out. Mel and Sue are allegedly on his wife's side so if he does stay there could be an uncomfortable atmosphere on set. An insider has said the team was split 60-40 in favour of him staying but that it would depend on public opinion.

I wouldn't be sad to him him go and replaced with someone less in love with themselves. Mary, Mel and Sue supply the warmth and humour to the show.

What a crock of nonsense.. (the situation I mean, not your post). FFS, the man's porked someone else, that should have absolutely no bearing on his job.
  • Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 8,891
    Forum Member

Leaving your wife and then at *some point* taking up with a younger model shouldn't be a sackable offence should it? However I'm with you, Mr Midlife Crisis is totally replaceable, and I would have said that before this caper too.
  • lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

As annoying as that is (and it IS, no doubt about it, I bet Mrs Hollywood is grateful for her comments :rolleyes:) I can't help but think that Mary Berry is in a rather difficult position if she's in the middle of recording another series with him. She can hardly slag him off but then have to continue working with him, not exactly conducive to a harmonious work place!

Maybe replying to any reporters questions that she didn't comment on her colleague's private lives might have been the best way to handle the situation rather than come out with some 50's Stepford housewife drivel!
  • Amanda_OBrien2Amanda_OBrien2 Posts: 174
    Forum Member

I don't like what he has done but what has his personal life to do with the show? This is nobody business but his imho if they sacked every man who had left his wife at the BBC there would be hardly anybody left.
    Forum Member
    lotty27 wrote: »
    As annoying as that is (and it IS, no doubt about it, I bet Mrs Hollywood is grateful for her comments :rolleyes:) I can't help but think that Mary Berry is in a rather difficult position if she's in the middle of recording another series with him. She can hardly slag him off but then have to continue working with him, not exactly conducive to a harmonious work place!

Maybe replying to any reporters questions that she didn't comment on her colleague's private lives might have been the best way to handle the situation rather than come out with some 50's Stepford housewife drivel!

Oh I agree, though isn't he in the US filming the series where he met his alleged mistress? I agree that as Mary Berry is his friend, though presumably knows Mrs Hollywood quite well too, it may be awkward for her. Nevertheless she really should have kept quiet. Defending it with a 'boys will be boys' quote was very damaging to her reputation aswell imo.
    Forum Member
    I don't like what he has done but what has his personal life to do with the show? This is nobody business but his imho if they sacked every man who had left his wife at the BBC there would be hardly anybody left.

The problem lies in GBBO being known and loved for its wholesome image. It was the MO of the programme and its presenters.
  • Amanda_OBrien2Amanda_OBrien2 Posts: 174
    Forum Member
    The problem lies in GBBO being known and loved for its wholesome image. It was the MO of the programme and its presenters.

How old fashioned it reminds me of Blue Peter sacking one of its presenters because she was pregnant and unmarried. Wasn't this the programme that showed a squirrels nuts? Oh yes very wholesome :D