Options

Mariah Carey: Me. I Am Mariah... The Elusive Chanteuse

12346»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 126
    Forum Member
    I like Thirsty! I think it's catchy! Boy I Need You from Charmbraclet isn't a great song in many peoples eyes, but I like it! I like her "party girl hip-pop" tracks but it's her ballads where she exceeds! I love this album!

I love Cry and Eternal(your mine) and the Art Of Letting Go). I think Triumphant (vintage throwback mix) and Almost Home should have been on the deluxe edition though. Faded and dedicated are great too.
    I love "Make it Look Good" so catchy!
    The only song I'm not feeling is "Money" but in time I'll probably warm to it.
    This album was worth the wait!!
  • Options
    That_GuyThat_Guy Posts: 1,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely. She sounds amazing but I'm sure that's because of the wonders the studio can work.
  • Options
    Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    i have started to really like ''the art of letting go'' since getting the album.
    i wasnt that keen on it when it first came out. but i am loving it now, surprised its only a bonus track.
  • Options
    paulbaxpaulbax Posts: 2,478
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That_Guy wrote: »
    Definitely. She sounds amazing but I'm sure that's because of the wonders the studio can work.
    The studio "wonders" can only do so much though. A studio can't just recreate the kind of tone and power Mariah has throughout the entire album. If so, then the vocals would've been a lot better on Memoirs, her weakest vocal album in my opinion.
  • Options
    Mark-AnthonyMark-Anthony Posts: 572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aura101 wrote: »
    i have started to really like ''the art of letting go'' since getting the album.
    i wasnt that keen on it when it first came out. but i am loving it now, surprised its only a bonus track.

A studio can make a half decent voice 'ok' it cant make Mariah sound like Mariah for the first time in years!
  • Options
    Mark-AnthonyMark-Anthony Posts: 572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    paulbax wrote: »
    The studio "wonders" can only do so much though. A studio can't just recreate the kind of tone and power Mariah has throughout the entire album. If so, then the vocals would've been a lot better on Memoirs, her weakest vocal album in my opinion.

A studio can make a half decent voice 'ok' it cant make Mariah sound like Mariah for the first time in years!....quoted wrong post in previous post ooops
  • Options
    paulbaxpaulbax Posts: 2,478
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A studio can make a half decent voice 'ok' it cant make Mariah sound like Mariah for the first time in years!....quoted wrong post in previous post ooops
    Very true! Even her live performances of late have been great. I think it's all down to her having a much healthier and relaxed lifestyle since she had her kids. The family life is really doing her good!