Danny Dyer needs to drop this geezer act..

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 911
Forum Member
✭✭
He tries so hard to be 'down with the lads' and a 'proper geeza', its pretty embarrassing. This is a bloke who has been in acting since he was 12, he has not grown up on a tough estate somewhere, nor has he ever been apart of a gang (Maybe apart of the BRIT school gang or something). The same goes for lilly allen trying to be a hard girl and like shes street...shes the daughter of a millionaire who went to private school.

It's quite funny because the people in show bussiness that actually are working class and could qualify as 'street' and 'laddy' do not actually play up to it like people like danny wanabee dyer.

Anyone agree?

Comments

• JOHNORJOHNOR Posts: 3,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    me! i think he's a good looking guy and a good actor but he gets on my last nerve the way he talks and acts. he probably couldn't fight his way out of a paper bag.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,505
    Forum Member
    Beep2 wrote: »
    He tries so hard to be 'down with the lads' and a 'proper geeza', its pretty embarrassing. This is a bloke who has been in acting since he was 12, he has not grown up on a tough estate somewhere, nor has he ever been apart of a gang (Maybe apart of the BRIT school gang or something). The same goes for lilly allen trying to be a hard girl and like shes street...shes the daughter of a millionaire who went to private school.

It's quite funny because the people in show bussiness that actually are working class and could qualify as 'street' and 'laddy' do not actually play up to it like people like danny wanabee dyer.

Anyone agree?

You've hit the nail on the head there. I know a few people who have grown up in "ghetto" situations and gone in to showbiz yet act normal and these clowns from middle class surroundings feel the need to act "hard" just so they can appeal to a few more people. It's quite pathetic and Danny D is quite a rubbish actor all his roles are exactly the same as he is in real life.:rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yea i agree with your point about his acting. People like Ray winstone are legends, and keith allen he is a legend because they are really working class and they don't ham it up. They are naturally laddy etc and they are proper funny. But, a person who was from the East end (which does not make you automatically a cockney lad) who has been in acting since 12 and attended acting school, and has never known a real nine to five job cannot pull it off. It's blaitent he's acting aswel, he almost screams at every interviewer, IM A COCKNEY DON'T YOU KNOW. And it proper angers me, because all he knows is showbiz.

I remember he did a documentary on football thugs last year and the bloke SH$t himself when it kicked off. And if im honest with you the fight wasn't even that big, it was nothing that i havn't seen outside the local yates on a fri night.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea i agree with your point about his acting. People like Ray winstone are legends, and keith allen he is a legend because they are really working class and they don't ham it up.

The Keith Allen who was born in Swansea to middle-class parents, his father being an officer in the Royal Navy, who attended private school (and sent Lily to private school too) and who now makes a living out of being a "Mockney Cockney" you mean? :rolleyes: Completely inappropriate example there! He's pulled the wool over your eyes though has he? Why have you called him a millionaire in your first post and then called him working class? Do you think he worked his way up from the street? I find him more obviously putting on an act than Dyer is.
  • trec123trec123 Posts: 4,419
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agree with all those points - this is why I can't take to him - I come from the same sort of area as him and find him so fake it really irritates me....I really feel he has seen the success Ray Winstone has had and has tried to model himself on Ray, thinking that all you need to get on is a cockney accent.
    Difference is - Ray's accent is genuine and not over exaggerated, PLUS he can act - and in a variety of roles, too....Eat your heart out, Danny Geezer:mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    see other thread re danny dire and oliver
    he only got that through knowing a castinjg director

danny dire - weak as water - weak as water!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Keith Allen who was born in Swansea to middle-class parents, his father being an officer in the Royal Navy, who attended private school (and sent Lily to private school too) and who now makes a living out of being a "Mockney Cockney" you mean? :rolleyes: Completely inappropriate example there! He's pulled the wool over your eyes though has he. I find him more obviously putting on an act than Dyer is.

Fair point. I have never actually looked into Keith Allens upbringing, but i just judged his old 'wild child' image. To be fair to him he doesn't really put on a mockney act, more of an alchol dependant act haha. Still the bloke hasn't got a mockney patch on Dyer.
  • northernslayernorthernslayer Posts: 3,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    completely agree.
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know what you mean. I saw him being interviewed on the Charlotte Church Show last year and it was the first time I'd seen him on a TV show.

He was really playing up to this cockney/mockney persona, acting like he's a character from one of these British gangster films.
    It just struck me that it was one big act and was as though he was playing a character in one of these films.

She asked him what he thought he would be doing career-wise if he wasn't an actor, and he replied to her that he reckoned he'd probably be a criminal or in jail.
    I thought 'Yeah, right, course you would'.:rolleyes:
    When he gave that reply to her question I immediately thought...'FAKE'.
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Dyer by name, dire by nature.

It won't be long before Danny 'Cor, blimey, Guv' Dyer starts dressing up as a Pearly King and dances up and down the Whitechapel Road, trying to sell whelks and pie and mash.

He's a joke.
  • TabbythecatTabbythecat Posts: 33,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dyer by name, dire by nature.

It won't be long before Danny 'Cor, blimey, Guv' Dyer starts dressing up as a Pearly King and dances up and down the Whitechapel Road, trying to sell whelks and pie and mash.

He's a joke.

Dyer acts like he is a "diamond geezer" total pilchard more like!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Keith Allen who was born in Swansea to middle-class parents, his father being an officer in the Royal Navy, who attended private school (and sent Lily to private school too) and who now makes a living out of being a "Mockney Cockney" you mean? :rolleyes: Completely inappropriate example there! He's pulled the wool over your eyes though has he? Why have you called him a millionaire in your first post and then called him working class? Do you think he worked his way up from the street? I find him more obviously putting on an act than Dyer is.

I can't stand Keith or Lily Allen.

ANd I have no clue who this Danny Dyer person is.
  • ayrshiremanayrshireman Posts: 9,279
    Forum Member
    Anyone who thinks Dyer is truly hard should watch the Rangers-Celtic episode of 'Football Factories'.

Dyer was shaking so hard due to the intense atmosphere you would have been excused for thinking the cameraman was having a epileptic fit...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Totally agree with OP. DD's "Professional Lahhndaner " routine is annoying & doesn't help his acting career (thinking 'typecasting' here) :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,715
    Forum Member
    Beep, Awwwwwwwwwwigggggghhhhhht my dahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhlllin ;)

I think you have a point, but I've not seen DD for ages, is he still going?
  • TabbythecatTabbythecat Posts: 33,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Beep, Awwwwwwwwwwigggggghhhhhht my dahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhlllin ;)

I think you have a point, but I've not seen DD for ages, is he still going?
    Yep slowly crawling up his own entrance!
  • Tel69Tel69 Posts: 26,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's an embarassment amongst football fans also. The Football Factories series was some of the most cringeworthy TV ever seen to be honest. The whole" it's kicking off and it's gonna be pwoper nawtee" wannabe gangster act was tedious to put it mildly.
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What an idiot.

He likes to talk the talk but that's probably all it is - talk.
  • pinkbellybuttonpinkbellybutton Posts: 1,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You've hit the nail on the head there. I know a few people who have grown up in "ghetto" situations and gone in to showbiz yet act normal and these clowns from middle class surroundings feel the need to act "hard" just so they can appeal to a few more people. It's quite pathetic and Danny D is quite a rubbish actor all his roles are exactly the same as he is in real life.:rolleyes:

It's not just showbiz...it happens in "real life" too. I don't understand the whole act. You are who you are and you are from where you are from. As well as appealing to a wideraudience it strikes me that those who grew up more blessed think achieveing something from a lower standing in life makes it more impressive somehow.
  • WoowookidWoowookid Posts: 7,367
    Forum Member
    Anyone who thinks Dyer is truly hard should watch the Rangers-Celtic episode of 'Football Factories'.

Dyer was shaking so hard due to the intense atmosphere you would have been excused for thinking the cameraman was having a epileptic fit...

Was that the one where he claimed he'd 'sh*t his pants'?

As my old dad would have said (ex-sergeant Royal Artillery WW2 and prisoner of war) 'Tough? No, you just smell strong' :D
  • MadonnaMIXMadonnaMIX Posts: 9,692
    Forum Member

Lol i saw the episode i was peeing myself with laughter at the so called hard man shaking like a leaf on a tree :D
  • Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member

I haven't seen that, but from the description - WIMP - jeez, I'm female, short and with a London accent and never reacted like that when I've been
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Should have used him on that car advert with the trembling dog, with Danny Dyer being all shivery instead of the dog.:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's not just showbiz...it happens in "real life" too. I don't understand the whole act. You are who you are and you are from where you are from. As well as appealing to a wideraudience it strikes me that those who grew up more blessed think achieveing something from a lower standing in life makes it more impressive somehow.

It's certainly annoying when it's often these 'pretend' working class fakes that seem to get more of the breaks in the media as well.
    It's as though some of those in charge really know and wouldn't be seen dead hiring a real working class person.

Of course I'm generalising to some extent because now and again you do see real working class people in the media and they come across as much more authentic. Dean Andrews from 'Life on Mars' and 'Tina Malone' from Shameless are just two examples that spring to mind from a fair few.

What I'm talking more about is the 'trendy' side of the media trying to appeal to young people.
    Where they like to present pretend cartoony versions of working class people. It's in the music media as well as television. Kate Nash, Fearne Cotton, Lily Allen, and countless TV presenters designed to appeal to younger viewers. It appears to be the case that it seems to happen more when it's an area of the media trying to appeal to a younger market. They seem to prefer to bring in young 'talent' (I use the term loosely) who like to pretend to be working class.

It reminds me of that Pulp song 'Common People'.
    It seems to be much easier for a young person in the media who's middle class to get the gig if they pretend to be working class and speak with a fake affected working class accent, but if you're genuinely working class you'll probably have a mountain to climb to get that same job.

I hate it when the media try to present cartoon versions of people to us as real and authentic. The pretence just comes across as so cynical.
    I saw that 'white working class season' on the BBC a couple of weeks ago and they made it very clear what the media appear to REALLY think of real working class people.
  • boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Anyone agree?

Oh 100%

Lily Allen esp- I like her, but drop the "street" act dear!!

"Daddy works in showbiz" just isnt cool is it???