✭✭✭
    Bluray wrote: »
    Of course :rolleyes:

Same time next week then.

Can't wait! :(
  • StrakerStraker Posts: 79,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wish I’d been made aware earlier than today that she’s somewhat MilFy. I wonder if the director has to request plenty of cleavage or whether, like golden-age Sarah Beeny, it comes as standard?

Shop looked a million times better so job done.
  • Kolin KlingonKolin Klingon Posts: 4,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's the same formula that Gordon Ramsey does with restaurants.
  • CressidaCressida Posts: 3,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alex did her usual superb job and seemed genuinely pleased at how good the shop looked. Excellent job done by everyone and praise to the brothers and dad for transforming their rat infested shop to a clean and colourful 21st century store.

Loved those chunky blind pulls.
  • chaz richchaz rich Posts: 1,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just finished watching it, shop does look amazing, going to East Ham over the weekend will pop in to have a look, we need some new nets :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cressida wrote: »
    Alex did her usual superb job and seemed genuinely pleased at how good the shop looked. Excellent job done by everyone and praise to the brothers and dad for transforming their rat infested shop to a clean and colourful 21st century store.

Loved those chunky blind pulls.

I'll be buying my curtains online. That's the future!
  • HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SolarSail wrote: »
    Yes, she is.

Lots of these opinions are very subjective.

Really disappointed at how the hotel group place an emphasis on quality and poo poo weighted hems :rolleyes:
    and also how the over-long hem in the room isn't actually puddled, it's just not right.

I hope there is a decent outcome for them.

Spot on! There's an old saying about spoiling the ship for a hap'orth of tar and that's just what her and her Mummy are doing.

She keeps expecting the brothers to "listen to people who know better than you" but she (and her Ma) should listen to them about the quality of curtains, because they know best. OK they may need their colours and styling updating but the actually making-up and hanging they know the lot!

There is an art to beautiful curtains and he's dead right, they need weighting and they need to be the right length. It's like when people put up unlined curtains .... horrible, nasty cheap effect and a false economy.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chaz rich wrote: »
    Just finished watching it, shop does look amazing, going to East Ham over the weekend will pop in to have a look, we need some new nets :D

Wasn't that interesting about how their net sales have soared?
    The last few years, according to all the design/home decor mags etc NOBODY likes nets. Firstly people were advised to go for voiles, then it was all blinds but definitely not nets.

Drive through any street in the country and you'll see nets though.:)
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hotgossip wrote: »
    The last few years, according to all the design/home decor mags etc NOBODY likes nets. Firstly people were advised to go for voiles, then it was all blinds but definitely not nets.

There must be a market for net curtains but I don't know anyone under 60 who has them. I suppose the sort of people who use these local shops are more likely to be of the elder generation.
  • pinkyponk34pinkyponk34 Posts: 1,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know it's formulaic, but most reality TV is, excellent outcome, the brothers seemed to embrace the change, even the obdurate Jeremy, who Alex may have been forgiven for cheerfully garrotting with a curtain pull.
  • CressidaCressida Posts: 3,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dezire wrote: »
    I'll be buying my curtains online. That's the future!

Possibly although the future may hold lots of mismatched colours. ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hotgossip wrote: »

nets can act as an intruder deterrent - they enhance the amount of natural light coming into a room, but people outside can't see in
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nets can act as an intruder deterrent - they enhance the amount of natural light coming into a room, but people outside can't see in

You're right. I was one of those who listened to the design mags and ditched all my nets for voiles.:rolleyes: I never cared for them much despite them costing a fortune because we have loads of big windows. Then I had them all replaced with expensive wooden blinds. I know what will happen now, they'll decide that nets are back in fashion!:D:D
  • StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    It's the same formula that Gordon Ramsey does with restaurants.
    And many others....but this is good.

Great to see at the end, that the make over is working, and long term contracts too, not just relying on the High St shop....and it did look posh.

But the Rat behind the sign.:eek:
  • pinkyponk34pinkyponk34 Posts: 1,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Straker wrote: »
    I wish I’d been made aware earlier than today that she’s somewhat MilFy. I wonder if the director has to request plenty of cleavage or whether, like golden-age Sarah Beeny, it comes as standard?

Like Beeny in her prime, Alex always seems to be in some stage of pregnancy, poor woman, she must be very fertile or she just can't say no.
  • mrbernaymrbernay Posts: 146,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bump for tonight's edition ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Looks like a b!tchfest tonight....
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I cringe when I see businesses who name themselves their website URL.
  • applepie2100applepie2100 Posts: 23,484
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another business is about to have it's kneecaps turned into ashtrays!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I cringe when I see businesses who name themselves their website URL.

This business is looking desperate: 4 customers a week :eek:
  • googlekinggoogleking Posts: 15,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yum @ elegant Alex :D
  • applepie2100applepie2100 Posts: 23,484
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The hottest thing about this business right now is Alex!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alex in evening dress in the local Arndale....Where were the wolf whistles???
  • googlekinggoogleking Posts: 15,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mrbernay wrote: »
    This business is looking desperate: 4 customers a week :eek:

Almost more staff than customers :rolleyes:
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    4 customers per week with 4 staff? Have they hidden the masks they must wear? How are they making enough money to even pay the rent let alone salaries? One person could run this business.

How can the girls not know the situation?