The Digital Spy Apprentice - Series Two - Task Three Boardroom

1234568»

Comments

• cheekypetercheekypeter Posts: 6,552
    Forum Member
    Amroussi wrote: »
    I don't know what you mean, but only one major decision was made? :confused::p

EVERY decision was made! Who your act was, who was doing what etc etc. The rest of the task is derived from these conversations. I'm conscious that it seems like I'm targetting you, but your failure to realise the flaws in your lack of attendance - and constantly trying to excuse it - is very frustrating.
  • gav016gav016 Posts: 5,836
    Forum Member
    anactoria wrote: »
    Okay, I'd like to make a decision quickly.

Could each of you explain, in no more than two sentences, just why I should keep you in this process?

I had one bad night on this task, where I managed people all wrong, but from last night onwards, everyone will agree that I did a pretty good job - there is absolutely nothing lazy about anything I've done on the past two tasks - I've kept taking risks, listening to feedback, changing, growing and I don't think I should be penalized for that. I've been really dedicated to the process throughout, worked well alongside everyone, stood by decisions I've made, and I'm adult enough to realise when I'm wrong and accept blame, move on and learn from it - the mistakes that I've made on this definitely won't be made again.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,389
    Forum Member
    EVERY decision was made! Who your act was, who was doing what etc etc. The rest of the task is derived from these conversations. I'm conscious that it seems like I'm targetting you, but your failure to realise the flaws in your lack of attendance - and constantly trying to excuse it - is very frustrating.

I am sorry, I do realize I should have been there on Friday.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,667
    Forum Member
    I've made my decision.

Gav - you might have made some mistakes in this task as PM, but throughout the competition you've been one of the strongest candidates, and you're always willing to put the work in (plus, you were the only one to worry about costings in the last task). Even though you found it hard to grasp the meaning of 'two sentences', you'll be returning in the next round.
    Forum Member
    Amroussi, Jess, you've both had issues in this task. Jess, you should have been less argumentative after your PM had made his final decision, and Amroussi, your attendance issues are getting beyond questionable. However, I think that I can trust one of you to learn from these mistakes in the next round.

So, with no further ado...
    Forum Member
    nevermind!: p
    Forum Member
    ...Amroussi, you're fired.

Jess, I'll see you in the next round, and good luck. Amroussi, I don't think you ever got off the ground in this contest, and I'm really not sure this game was right for you. Good luck with your future endeavours.
  • I've Got ClassI've Got Class Posts: 12,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank you Lord Sugar, you will not regret it! :)
  • gav016gav016 Posts: 5,836
    Forum Member
    Thanks LS, comiserations Am.
    Forum Member
    Thank you very much Anactoria anyway, and good luck everyone in their future tasks! :D
    Forum Member
    To all remaining candidates, information in advance of the next task will be posted or PMed by Wednesday evening at the latest. Have a great week, and I'll see you again soon.
  • TyjetTyjet Posts: 8,509
    Forum Member
    Time for my feedback!

Louise - I thought you were a very good PM, you delegated the tasks well and did listen to everyone's opinions and kept everything organised and running smoothly!

Justin - You came out with some VERY unusual/stupid comments on this task. "Las Vegas is more important than India", for example and then having to ask LAS whether a tour with only North/South American dates counted as a world tour. Other than this and your fixation with America, I'd say you did a fairly solid job.

Katie - I think you did a good job on this task, too, Katie. You got on with what you were asked to do and did a decent job of it, although I would say some of your support acts were a bit unrealistic, but this is something you discussed as a team so it's not all on you. I would say, though, that with your little argument about choosing Demi, you should have gone about this differently. I definitely think you had the right idea, but you presented the argument in a kind of childish way which is why I think your team didn't listen to you the way you hoped they would.

Zak - Once again, you did great on this task! Top job!

Naruto - You got on with what you were asked to do and offered many suggestions in the brainstorming session. However I think you need to stand out a bit more!

General comment - You worked great as a team, but one mistake each team has made on both tasks is not read the brief carefully enough! Something I think EVERYONE should do on the next task is read the brief VERY CAREFULLY and try not to miss anything (like "one support act" etc).