I dont like anyone...

2»

Comments

• BinCatBinCat Posts: 2,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really don't like Ricky, he was awful in the boardroom last night, and still not sure about Katie.

I like Duane and Jade, quite like Jane and Laura, Nick and Azhar seem OK but the rest are just bland.
  • Steve9214Steve9214 Posts: 8,402
    Forum Member
    On the Morgan Spurlock chat show on Sky, Irish Comic Andrew Maxwell said that there was a difference in the classification of being an a***hole, and being a p**ck.

You can sometimes be an a***hole, and all of us are at one time or another,
    but once a p**ck, always a p**ck.

So which of the candidates are just being a bit of an a***hole ?
    and which are just p**cks ???
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,274
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Steve9214 wrote: »
    On the Morgan Spurlock chat show on Sky, Irish Comic Andrew Maxwell said that there was a difference in the classification of being an a***hole, and being a p**ck.

You can sometimes be an a***hole, and all of us are at one time or another,
    but once a p**ck, always a p**ck.

So which of the candidates are just being a bit of an a***hole ?
    and which are just p**cks ???

Wasn't that the speech at the end of "Team America" ?
  • marks thespotmarks thespot Posts: 2,961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Liked Ricky until this week.
  • Steve9214Steve9214 Posts: 8,402
    Forum Member
    Wulfster wrote: »
    Wasn't that the speech at the end of "Team America" ?

Thought I'd heard it before somewhere !!!
  • Miriam_RMiriam_R Posts: 4,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't find many of them overly likable this year and probably the least interesting bunch so far, for me.

I like Gabrielle, in the sense that she's just normal and non offensive but, business wise, wishy washy I guess. Still think it's a shame Bilyana went first week and the the girls bunch (seemingly so far) are a pretty medicore bunch. Katie seems okay from the two previous tasks but, it's a bit of a shame that she looks head and shoulders right now because the other girls look so slow and uninspiring. Maybe one other girl, as the process moves on, will start to rear her head to possibly rival Katie which (if she comes to exist) I do wish she will do it soon. As for the boys I think only Dwayne stands out amongst the other boys and, sort of like the girls, there don't seem to be too many inspiring bright sparks among them either. I like Nick in the same way as Gabrielle in that he seems a nice and non offensive person. As a businessman I'm not quite convinced yet, though I guess he has to take credit for the win as PM because I think he did perform well overall.

Most of this years crop though I wouldn't want to chat to in a pub, let alone in an office working enviroment, particulalry Ricky, Adam, Jane and Jenna.
  • Tracker321Tracker321 Posts: 575
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Miriam_R wrote: »
    I don't find many of them overly likable this year and probably the least interesting bunch so far, for me.

I like Gabrielle, in the sense that she's just normal and non offensive but, business wise, wishy washy I guess. Still think it's a shame Bilyana went first week and the the girls bunch (seemingly so far) are a pretty medicore bunch. Katie seems okay from the two previous tasks but, it's a bit of a shame that she looks head and shoulders right now because the other girls look so slow and uninspiring. Maybe one other girl, as the process moves on, will start to rear her head to possibly rival Katie which (if she comes to exist) I do wish she will do it soon. As for the boys I think only Dwayne stands out amongst the other boys and, sort of like the girls, there don't seem to be too many inspiring bright sparks among them either. I like Nick in the same way as Gabrielle in that he seems a nice and non offensive person. As a businessman I'm not quite convinced yet, though I guess he has to take credit for the win as PM because I think he did perform well overall.

Most of this years crop though I wouldn't want to chat to in a pub, let alone in an office working enviroment, particulalry Ricky, Adam, Jane and Jenna.

Lol, totally agree!
  • newkid30newkid30 Posts: 7,797
    Forum Member
    I don't like any of them either.
    No stand out characters. None of them have done well in any task either. It's usually a case of one team does particularly badly and crashes out.
    They don't even seem to be trying very hard, there have been no interesting ideas or someone really trying to win and going for it, it all feels very lacklustre. :sleep:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So far, I have found Gabrielle, Tom and Katie to all be ok people.

There are still others I haven't seen enough of to make a judgement yet but I am sure there will be others that I can add to my list. Perhaps Nick and maybe Duane? I'll wait and see :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    newkid30 wrote: »
    No stand out characters. None of them have done well in any task either. It's usually a case of one team does particularly badly and crashes out.
    They don't even seem to be trying very hard, there have been no interesting ideas or someone really trying to win and going for it, it all feels very lacklustre. :sleep:

I agree none of them stand out for me and usually by this time I am rooting for someone
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 210
    Forum Member
    Duane is a moron and will fail spectacularly. His imbecility is obvious to the perceptive viewer, and I am looking forward to the rapidly impending moment when the less perceptive pro-Duane contingent get a horrible revelation of his shortcomings.
  • davey_waveydavey_wavey Posts: 27,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    newkid30 wrote: »

I agree with you. This series is a bit underwhelming so far. There's been no classic moments and there usually are by the end of the fourth week. There don't seem to be any comedy characters so far. There's been no funny one liners from anyone.

The candidates seem competent. They make mistakes, then defend themselves in the boardroom. There's no real drama or rivalry though and there have been no disastrous mistakes, just small errors. There's no sense of fierce competition coming from the candidates. Dull... though it may pick up in the next couple of weeks.
  • penelopesimpsonpenelopesimpson Posts: 14,906
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    -Flossie- wrote: »
    Duane is a moron and will fail spectacularly. His imbecility is obvious to the perceptive viewer, and I am looking forward to the rapidly impending moment when the less perceptive pro-Duane contingent get a horrible revelation of his shortcomings.

That's just how I feel but everybody time I hinted I didn't like him, hell opened up. Okay, I DON'T LIKE HIM and I think he is a a little bit stupid.

BrIng it on!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's just how I feel but everybody time I hinted I didn't like him, hell opened up. Okay, I DON'T LIKE HIM and I think he is a a little bit stupid.

BrIng it on!!

Wasn't it him that said "you never look a gift horse in the eye"

You see I'm so unimpressed, I still don't know who is who
  • hownwbrowncowhownwbrowncow Posts: 6,188
    Forum Member
    Wulfster wrote: »
    I'm agreeing with most people on here...

I've watched all the series, and it's the first time it's got to the third week, and I haven't really been rooting for anybody.
    There's people I dislike intently (stand up Jane, Ricky, Jade, Jenna!).
    But I'm indifferent to all the others.

At a push, if I had to pick two it would be Duane and Katie (who I don't think deserves to have been in the boardroom at all yet...), but I'm not convinced just yet...

Here's hoping someone stands out soon...
    Preferably not one of the girls ... who's name begins with "J" ... and has a really irritating voice and manner.

How can you not like Jade? She may not have done anything to make you like her but has she really done anything / have any mannerisms tat would make you actively dislike her?...
  • floopy123floopy123 Posts: 6,003
    Forum Member
    I use the 'remember their name' rule. If I still can't remember their name by episode four they must be dull/unmemorable or too unlikeable!
  • hownwbrowncowhownwbrowncow Posts: 6,188
    Forum Member
    floopy123 wrote: »
    I use the 'remember their name' rule. If I still can't remember their name by episode four they must be dull/unmemorable or too unlikeable!

Who's name couldn't you remember? :p

I could remember all of them. :o
  • daniellehdanielleh Posts: 7,852
    Forum Member
    I had this feeling for the first few shows. Either everyone was annoying, unlikeable, average or just there.

It came to the point where it was just whoever irked me the least and that was Tom, so I was glad to see he stepped up to the mark this week.
  • Button62Button62 Posts: 8,463
    Forum Member
    Oh how we need a Rafe Tre or Stubaggs. This lot have the personality of a bunch of fleas.
  • MirageMirage Posts: 39,220
    Forum Member
    Oh I am glad I am not alone in this. There is nobody that really stands out. I don't like any of them, nor dislike them. They just don't really register one way or the other with me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree about there being no real standout likeable characters this year, but don't agree that there's no comedy figures - Ricky, Adam and Stephen are definitely being set up to fall flat on their faces. ... Can't help the feeling that the 'boys' have been lucky to win a few of the early tasks, and also while the 'passengers' (never going to win-ers) are being fired... it has made them look better than they are (to themselves at least!) They are already feeling super-superior and invincible. Their already over-inflated egos are fit to burst. This always makes for better viewing later in the series.

I think the producers are showing as much of their pompous speeches as possible, setting them up for their inevitable downfalls. Stephens speech about his genius unearthing the gems from the junk shop, following the owners speech about their ineptitude typified it...

Duane is also suffering from the same sort of delusion as well I feel. He has made a few good calls which have fallen his way, and gone well for him, and so he thinks that puts him above the others. Bit like Jim from last year imo. Not undermining the things he has done and his ideas, but I'm not convinced he is all that much better than the others. Having said that, can't help liking him :)
  • Reggie RebelReggie Rebel Posts: 636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like Jenna, she's so annoying that she becomes unannoying
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gabrielle and Adam are my favourites.