Gabrielle Sir Alan's Favourite?

Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,921
Forum Member
✭✭
I've noticed that he constantly sticks up for her and defends her. Last week when she painted union jacks on all of the furniture, he did not have a bad word to say about her and instead just accused the others of picking on her. Tonight, she didn't utter a word in the boardroom but Sir Alan said nothing to her. She's actually my favourite, and I think she's definitely Sir Alan's. Apparently she is in property, and her business proposal has something to do with property too. Sir Alan has a lot of investments in property, so I'm wondering if the reason he's not singling her out is because he may pick her as the winner and invest the money in her. No way will he invest the money in the candidates that have proposals to do with food. He's more likely to go for property (Gabrielle) and health and beauty (Jade I think).

Comments

• academiaacademia Posts: 18,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I notice he does soften towards her. But she is genuinely likeable.
  • keicarkeicar Posts: 2,082
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a sneaking suspicion she may win, she seems to be the 'slow burner' in the same way that Tom was last series. A thinker, and seems a genuinely nice person, a good outside bet.
  • The RhydlerThe Rhydler Posts: 4,493
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She did NOTHING last night.
  • floopy123floopy123 Posts: 6,003
    Forum Member
    Glad to see I'm not the only one to have noticed this. I mentioned this a week or so ago:

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1650805&highlight=gabrielle

My post was slightly tongue-in-cheek but it's possible he likes her. She seemed to be a bit drunk in this week's task! Stay off the booze, Gab. :D
  • Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think that the reason they changed the prize in the first place, was because let's face it, Sir Alan is crap at picking the winner. There's either been some sort of problem with the winner, or else they've left after a very short time. With the investment prize though, all Sir Alan has to do is chuck some money at the product/idea that he's interested in the most. For example, a candidate might not be up to scratch and may not be doing enough in tasks, but it's irrelevant as he may be interested in their investment proposal.
  • AJ3AJ3 Posts: 1,233
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The way he sneakily checks out her a** is funny, but Lauras his favourite, he defo wants to bed her
  • meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,104
    Forum Member
    She's my favourite too, but I agreed with the guy on You're Fired that she's clearly more of a creator rather than a business woman. Lord Sugar would see it as a risk going into business with her.
    She may be another Susan - reaches the final, comes up short, but then he goes into business with her anyway after the show.
    She did NOTHING last night.

She helped come up with the name (that she couldn't remember)
  • blowupblowup Posts: 1,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    you may be right, but usually if a candidate isn't featured much in the final edit its because they dind't do anything wrong, or anything spectacular. she didn't really feature in the episode at all, because she wasn't in the final boardroom.
  • RecurringRecurring Posts: 287
    Forum Member
    I got the impression when he was asking Ricky why he didn't bring back people who didn't contribute he was talking about her and Nick, so I don't think she's necessarily his "favourite".
  • meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,104
    Forum Member
    What did Jenna do though? :confused:

I thought Sugar maybe wanted her in there. He even winced when she spoke. bwahaha :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Check out the wince:

1min32 into this clip

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00r7j3g
  • LaurieMarlowLaurieMarlow Posts: 5,003
    Forum Member
    Yes he does seem to have a soft spot for her. Which I find odd because she has done almost nothing to deserve it.

So far, she has contributed as follows:

Week 1 - Losing PM and a big reason for them losing the task was that she had no strategy to speak of

Week 2 - She and Jenna in charge of the maths and they cock it up spectacularly. For some reason Jenna gets all the heat for this and Gabrielle flies under the radar

Week 3 - Seems to have done very little, her contribution to the win was minimal (all I can remember is suggesting the name chucky chutney (?!?) and attending a couple of pitches and barely opening her mouth

Week 4 - she was her team's biggest seller, which is definitely to her credit. However, she went waaaay out of control on team spending and I personally thought her 'creativity' detracted from the value of the products rather than added. So positives countered by negatives.

Week 5 - on the losing team for the 4th week, did virtually nothing, but again flies under the radar in the boardroom.

I'm baffled as to why she's held in such high regard (except that it's probably because her business plan's good). But I will lose all patience with this programme if we get another Tom style winner
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe he likes her because of her business plan. I don't think Gabrielle is special at all. She is not commercially astute. I think she's too arty for the business world. Last year, LS & Nick clearly liked Susan Ma. It was understandable as Susan was young & also commercially astute. This year, I don't really get it of why LS likes Gabrielle & Laura. I can only guess that maybe these two girls have "interesting" business plans.