Options

CS- The New Bethany Is Brilliant

2»

Comments

• Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm surprised Audrey hasn't asked why she insists on calling her by her first name
  • Options
    TheGraduate2012TheGraduate2012 Posts: 14,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dd68 wrote: »
    I'm surprised Audrey hasn't asked why she insists on calling her by her first name

Just what I was thinking. Why would she call Gail 'Gran' but not Audrey?
  • Options
    GracieLGracieL Posts: 4,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love Bethany, she has intelligence and wit but still has diva personality. Love the scene in the salon with Audrey.

She has also brought back that much needed spark into Corrie/Platt household. Makes a change from the other dreary teen characters like Sophie, Faye, Chesney etc.
  • Options
    Sandra BeeSandra Bee Posts: 9,437
    Forum Member
    I'm sorry, I'm old fashioned but I don't see how a mouthy teen who is cheeky to everyone, acts like she owns the place and is overly made up is a 'good character' :confused:

The Street is awash with 'feisty females'. Yes, I agree we need someone with a quick wit who can deliver one-liners but not a cheeky 14 year old. :cry:

I'll get me coat. :)
  • Options
    MarzBar85MarzBar85 Posts: 15,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    willrelf92 wrote: »
    Yeah I like her, although she still doesn't convince me as a 14 year old. And after seeing clips of her with Sarah, they look more like sisters. :p
    Isn't that meant to be part of the story-that Sarah tries to be more like a sister or friend?
  • Options
    sorrentosorrento Posts: 1,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    willrelf92 wrote: »
    Yeah I like her, although she still doesn't convince me as a 14 year old. And after seeing clips of her with Sarah, they look more like sisters. :p

With only a twelve year age gap they are going to look more like sisters than Mother and Daughter....No..after all the fracas at the start I think in the end CS has got this just right ...
  • Options
    fayemianfayemian Posts: 3,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I never understood why Sarah never called Martin 'dad' either when Gail had given her and Nick his surname and he's been her father figure since she was about four.

As for Beth. She's growing on me I think. The actress isn't the best, maybe a bit stilted and wooden, but she's far far the worst on the street. Hopefully she'll pick up a bit when she gets into the swing of it a bit. I liked the Audrey scenes too.
  • Options
    melloncollie06melloncollie06 Posts: 2,525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

it's all very confusing.
    We've got beth call get her gran gran but her great gran Audrey.
    We've got David calling his gran gran but his mother Gail.

We've got nick calling his mum mum and his gran gran (the only child with any respect obviousley)

Sarah will probably just call everyone by their first names.
    I'm curious to see what Bethany calls her mum....
  • Options
    fayemianfayemian Posts: 3,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Plus Max never calls David dad, despite asking if he could when the whole (non) adoption thing was first mooted. The whole family is odd :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    [QUOTE=GrannyGruntbuck;77492074]Bad character with poor acting so far.
    She might improve, and I can't look at her without seeing her as much, much older.
    She doesn't come over as 14 or 15 to me. More like late 20's.
    Or maybe I need thick glasses?[/QUOTE]

I think she's desperately over acting at the moment but perhaps will settle down a bit when she gets a story line - then hopefully we will see more depth to the character.

I thought she sounded like Sinead the other night :o
  • Options
    Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 83,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We will find out more about Bethany's relationship with mum Sarah after she returns tonight.
  • Options
    CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like her, just a shame she means the return of the God awful Sarah Lou!!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 246
    Forum Member
    I think she's okay and will probably settle down in time, people are too quick to judge. Imagine debuting on a show like Corrie as a young actress, the pressure would be enormous and nerves would certainly have an effect on early performances. I do think the make up and clothes need a rethink, most 15 year olds are a lot more current fashion wise and the red lipstick is awfully dated.
  • Options
    Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she is not acting as a 14 year old which makes me hard to believe she is supposed to be that age. She is a good actress but she needs to tone it down a touch as she is a bit OTT for me at the mo but once she settles in she will grow on me more.

It's very good casting though as she does look a lot like Sarah-Louise so it makes it even more implausible that they were going to cast another actress in the role originally and if I remember rightly there wasn't much of a resemblance. If it wasn't for the fact that the original actress lied about her age we wouldn't have got this current one. Looks wise the current actress fits in more.
  • Options
    Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We have too many unpleasant children in the street already. It would have been nice to have a well-mannered girl with character for a change.
  • Options
    notdebbiedinglenotdebbiedingle Posts: 45,817
    Forum Member
    I think she is not acting as a 14 year old which makes me hard to believe she is supposed to be that age. She is a good actress but she needs to tone it down a touch as she is a bit OTT for me at the mo but once she settles in she will grow on me more.

It's very good casting though as she does look a lot like Sarah-Louise so it makes it even more implausible that they were going to cast another actress in the role originally and if I remember rightly there wasn't much of a resemblance. If it wasn't for the fact that the original actress lied about her age we wouldn't have got this current one. Looks wise the current actress fits in more.

I agree that Lucy Fallon has fitted in well but, regarding her resemblance to Sarah, as I've said many times the Bethany who left in 07 bore absolutely no resemblance to Sarah & the first actress did look quite a lot like an older version of that Bethany so in that way she was more plausible, but I like Lucy Fallon in the role so far so I'm not complaining any more!!
    Regarding her age I think she's doing a good job of acting a 14 year old who's trying to act older than she is, if you get my meaning!! The immaturity of the character underneath her swagger is there as it should be for a 14 year old!!
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mouthy little cow! She is great
  • Options
    chellehighnesschellehighness Posts: 1,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find her hilarious!
  • Options
    IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bethany has been the best thing about Corrie since she arrived. I don't trust it to last mind you. My guess is she'll get an awful sugar daddy storyline.