The Apprentice Australia

amstereofanamstereofan Posts: 1,765
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Anyone watching this ? Quite amusing and interesting to watch, Miss Australia 2006 is one of the apprentice's also

Comments

• boxxboxx Posts: 5,335
    Forum Member
    Didn't know it existed but it's on it's way now;) You can never have too much of the Apprentice.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just realised this is on myself. Downloading the first two eps now :)
    Forum Member
    Really enjoyed the first two episodes. makes a nice change from the grit of the UK version, and without the constant self blowjobs that the US version suffers from. (especially now that it's celeb only) The tasks so far are nothing new but the teams seems much more together than in the opening episodes of the UK apprentice. The aussie Suralan is quite different too. he's nowhere near as brash, and seems like a very likable chap. He's not had reason to be riled yet though, so i look forward to that.
    What is it with every version of the Apprentice and teams making a royal cock-up of pricing. in the gardening task the girls team underpriced themselves by over half and the gardens were huge!!
    Very enjoyable so far and a good deal different. I'll definitely be watching all season.

(Also miss AU 2006 is bloody gorgeous:D)

*Episode 3 is out today but i can't find it anywhere yet. i'll post on here when i do, and keep checking in case someone else finds it first*
  • amstereofanamstereofan Posts: 1,765
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep in some ways it's better than our version, give it a day or so always a delay with uploads

Miss Oz 06 has a very odd nasal voice though and she's not even an Aussie / true blue Shelia !

(Glad news progs are being uploaded again also)
  • googlekinggoogleking Posts: 15,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Only watched the first one so far.

Miss World Australia 2006 (as she seems to keep reminding everyone she meets :rolleyes:) has got such an irritating accent!

I like that they are reusing lots of the original music from the UK series (even if they do put them in at the wrong times, so none of the tension-building that the UK series does so well, works properly).

Needs more Nick Heuer though!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The woman assitant looks very strange I must say...
    Forum Member
    Episode 3 is out.
  • bananaman_007bananaman_007 Posts: 8,696
    Forum Member
    This happens to be my favourite version so far.

Just waiting on obtraining episode 3 when i get back from work.
    Forum Member
    I agree. Whilst the challenges are all rehashes, it seems really fresh. There are a few genuinely likeable characters on there, and Mark Bouris seems like a really sound bloke. it's a shame we don't see more of him. Again in episode 3 we see him handing out constructive advice to a team where AS would've just belittled them for the mistake. Also, in 3 episodes i've only heard a couple of swears, and minor ones at that. Wether it's down to the edit or not i don't know, (i don't know what time it goes out in AU) but it's refreshing.

As for episode 3...
    The pie task was only ever going to be a numbers task, and seeing the team with 80odd more pies than the other losing because they needed to sell at $3+ a pie and ended up selling at 5 for $4 must've had Sam quaking after his maths the night before. My hatred for Carmen is growing week by week and i don't give a toss about her CV, she seems like a self centred cow blubbing at the first sign of critisism in week one, and her bossyness and bitchyness is starting to grate. if she'd have had her way the other team would've had zero pies to sell. I know that the aim of the game is to win, but it's clear that Mr. Bouris wants them all to play fair. I hope she goes soon. On the flipside i'm falling in love with Sabrina, funny accent or not. She's lovely:o I was impressed with the free marketing too. nicely done compared to $80 dollars for the other team.

The assistant that looks funny (the aussie Margaret) has been bugging me because i've been trying to figure out who she looks like and it's Leslie Ash. Sharing that botox gone wrong look.

Next week they are running pubs, and at the end of the show it was hinted that there was a clear winner but the winning team made a grave error. Anyone want to hazard a guess at what that might be? Also what's the "3 strikes, you're out." all about?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hmmm quite an annoying outcome this week, those bitches played pretty dirty in a number of ways and I was a little saddened that their tactics paid off. That said, when they were selfishly hogging the one pie machine, it was obvious that there was deliberately only one pie machine so as to cause a confrontation and see how the teams handled it. Instead of whining about it and the attitude of the selfish cow, I think I would have preferred the underdogs to either assertively say that they needed to share the machine (either work out a way to each fill one half of the trays going through it, or timeshare it somehow) or simply negotiate to pay a few dollars to get use of it for a while, if they had to.

Hopefully the dirty tricks and general cowness will come back to haunt Carmen, because if it's like the UK series the teams do switch around a bit as the series progresses, and the people she's done over (like the guy whose pies she was dissing) will remember, and hang her out to dry if they're side by side in the boardroom. One lesson in business is never ever step on people on the way up because you do not know who you will meet again on the way back down. In other words, and especially in a series like this, she is being foolish to alienate and annoy people now that could well bring her back in the boardroom later and kill her off, even though they may be on the other team right now. The other reason she is annoying is her weird hair that's about an inch too thick/tall for her head :D

I am afraid that Sabrina continues to annoy the hell out of me though - I didn't notice her telling everyone she met that she was Miss World 1993 yawn yawn etc this week but she is still absolutely full of herself and I was glad that Mark slapped her down a bit when she tried to wiggle the team out of the home made sign debacle. The voice is still incredibly annoying.

Agree about Mark. He seems to be a really decent bloke so far, happy to give genuine advice rather than just rely on stupid anecdotes about when he was a 5 year old Jewish boy bla bla bla.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did anyone see the preview for episode 4 at the end of the last episode? Haven't they just blatantly spoiled that:
    Sam gets fired? "3 strikes and your out"
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah poor Amy got fired, she's not a business type I guess, too kind !

Anyone know how I can watch her interview on the website blocked of course outside Oz
  • BrendonBrendon Posts: 237
    Forum Member
    when episode four going to be online anyone know
    Forum Member
    Still trying to find it myself:(
  • COTTONHEATCOTTONHEAT Posts: 12,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    boxx wrote: »
    Still trying to find it myself:(

here it is http://www.youtube.com/user/TheApprenticeAus#p/u/5/RdaJs7PDGl8
  • BrendonBrendon Posts: 237
    Forum Member
    COTTONHEAT wrote: »

thas epispde three not four
    Forum Member
    It's out today. rapidshare for me. (3parts rared:rolleyes:) Will comment later.
    Forum Member
    Too late to edit.

Likeable lot these:)
    Another great episode and a satisfying result, explaining the three strikes thing that confused me and led others to believe the firing was obvious. To be honest they were very lucky not to get disqualified for the misprint, especially after last week. It was nice(?) to see some backstabbing from them this week and the first cracks starting to appear (with no suprises as to who was bitching (god i hate her:D)) and again Mark being a very level headed individual. I loved what he said to Heather at the end about not being afraid show him her weaknesses as well as her strengths and as long as she was accountable for them it was ok. AS would never ever come out with something like that! He let out a couple of mild expletives this ep, but i'm hoping that isn't his wrath, and that someone (Carmen please!) is going to be on the receiving end of a good roasting off him. (That sounds awful:o:D)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 310
    Forum Member
    Brendon wrote: »
    thas epispde three not four

Episode 4 is now up on YT.
  • MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah poor Amy got fired, she's not a business type I guess, too kind !

Anyone know how I can watch her interview on the website blocked of course outside Oz

Any chance you could use spoiler tags next time???!!! Thanks a bunch!!!:rolleyes::(
  • cherubmattdcherubmattd Posts: 13,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really can't watch any other version of the Apprentice without the UK's brilliant narrator. But hey-ho.

Positives:
    The boardroom - i think it looks really good
    The contestants - good, amusing, stupid bunch
    The advisors - no one can ever beat Margik, but I do like them
    The music - blatantly taken from our version, but still good.

Negatives
    The 'siralan' type person - just not as good as I would have hoped. Are we ever going to see a female 'siralan'?
    The tasks are rip offs of ours.
    The narrator
    It feels a cheaper version of ours.

Saying that, I will be watching and hoping to enjoy the next episodes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You know the UK version is a copy of the US version don't you? With lots of the tasks being rip offs from the US version (but with the blatant product placement toned right down). Arguably the Aussie version is a copy of the US version as well (but with the UK music scattered in the wrong places).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What a mess they made of they hotel room challenge. What complete losers.

There were only five rooms for each team to look after, and four people on each team. How hard can it be to clean so few rooms in two long hours and subsequently look after so few guests? Clearly the "guests" were told to act up and be awkward big time, but still.

Can't believe that evil cow Sabrina survived. She is so rubbish and so fake, repeatedly relying on fluttering her eyelashes and still claiming she's Miss World when it was years ago. She and her insincere smile and her damn annoying voice have got to go asap! I don't like Carmen or her tactics much but Sabrina actively annoys me!

I don't believe someone would be fired for playing the guest's stupid tip game or even for having a cigarette out front as the Marriott woman claimed. Warned for the cigarette maybe but not fired. That level of employee abuse reflects badly on Marriott I think.
  • MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    googleking wrote: »
    You know the UK version is a copy of the US version don't you? With lots of the tasks being rip offs from the US version (but with the blatant product placement toned right down). Arguably the Aussie version is a copy of the US version as well (but with the UK music scattered in the wrong places).

I think it uses music from the US version too. It is kind of a cross between the US and UK version.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 310
    Forum Member
    googleking wrote: »
    What a mess they made of they hotel room challenge.

Would love to see this task on the UK Apprentice version, as there would be so much for the teams to mess up :D