The Apprentice Australia

Comments

• googlekinggoogleking Posts: 15,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All I've got to say for this week's episode is

- about time (you'll know what, when you've watched it!)
    - how incredibly "plain jane" did Miss Universe 1978-2008 look without her makeup (they showed her for a fraction of a second getting ready in the morning). She must be high maintenance for her partner or future partners.
    - thank heavens for British TV rules that ban tv programmes being so blatantly hour-long commercials.
    - what a crap prize
  • Jazz_MisucJazz_Misuc Posts: 2,754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm glad Miss Aussie hottie is still in :P
  • TheCloakroom99TheCloakroom99 Posts: 431
    Forum Member
    Sam gone. Only five left now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sabrina is the 8th person to be fired. She did well to be honest.

MaryAnne goes next leaving just three. (My tip for the final 2 is Heather and Morello with Morello winning)

I want Heather to win though
  • googlekinggoogleking Posts: 15,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good. Haven't watched the latest episode yet but she was such an annoying and extremely fake person. She did my head in every time she opened her mouth.
  • MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Strange that they don't have an interview round on the Aussie version.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agreed - I'm not sure how a 3 person final is going to work.

I think and hope Morello will win
  • MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    Looking at some of the candidates I thought it was the Austraian version of 'the Biggest Loser'.:D
  • MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to this http://mumbrella.com.au/two-and-a-half-men-takes-nine-to-win-but-apprentice-fizzling-out-11901
    Apprentice has been a flop in Australia. Shame really as I think it is easily as good as our version.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jazz_Misuc wrote: »
    Sabrina is the 8th person to be fired. She did well to be honest.

MaryAnne goes next leaving just three. (My tip for the final 2 is Heather and Morello with Morello winning)

I want Heather to win though

lol i was right
  • amstereofanamstereofan Posts: 1,765
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brillient series this I thought, Mark Bouris is a far more likeable guy than Alan Suger

Got the episodes on a DVD if anyone wants a copy then just email me [email protected]
  • Mystery ManMystery Man Posts: 914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I Watched the final two episodes yesterday. I had thought throughout that Gavin would win, in part because he looks like the younger twin of the boss. But despite being by far the most sensible one, he really failed to shine in the last few tasks, so it wasn't entirely surprising that he didn't make the final.

Not sure about Morello winning - especially after the carpet-cleaning cock-up, and then potentially ruining the genuinely talented female singer's career by (a) mixing her down at the expense of her not very talented partner and (b) producing a stunningly bad cover for the CD. Also, although it wasn't picked up in the program I expected the execs. to have concerns about signing a young couple, as what would happen if the couple broke up?

I hope the series does get picked up in Australia, because I think Mark Bouris is a far more charismatic boss than AS or DT. Firm but fair, which is what a boss should be.

Is the New Zealand version anywhere near as good? I watched the first episode and none of the candidates really stood out (as good or as someone you could quickly learn to hate).
  • sveknusveknu Posts: 269
    Forum Member
    Is the New Zealand version anywhere near as good? I watched the first episode and none of the candidates really stood out (as good or as someone you could quickly learn to hate).

The kiwi version is OK, but that's about it. The Australian version is, IMO, considerably better.
  • sveknusveknu Posts: 269
    Forum Member
    Apprentice Australia returns - celebrity style. It's currently filming:

http://channelnine.ninemsn.com.au/thecelebrityapprentice/celebrities/

Never heard of any of them, but I guess it will be fun regardless.
  • plateletplatelet Posts: 26,342
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sveknu wrote: »

Wendell Sailor I've heard of, he switched to playing Rugby Union from league as he couldn't take the fingering :D Then got banned for chasing the wrong kind of white line
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sveknu wrote: »

Starts airing next Monday (24th)

trailer here: http://channelnine.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8294310
  • artensollartensoll Posts: 1,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    platelet wrote: »
    Starts airing next Monday (24th)

trailer here: http://channelnine.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8294310

Did anyone see this? Any ideas where I can watch it?
  • bananaman_007bananaman_007 Posts: 8,696
    Forum Member
    Polly from The Block is on?

Anyway i can't find it for download yet, apart from Polly i have heard of none of them. I had no problems finding The Block or TAR Australia, are we sure it started yesterday?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ... are we sure it started yesterday?

Yeah, the channel nine site has the episode up - not playable from the uk of course.

still no sign elsewhere
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, the channel nine site has the episode up - not playable from the uk of course.

still no sign elsewhere

Found it!

Will PM you.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thx.

Well judging by the first episode this is very promising. I don't like the fact that we have to wait for a day to find out who gets fired though
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I thought that was odd too. Funny format. They are doing tasks Mon and Weds with firing Tue and Thurs with a behind the scenes episode on Fridays.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm getting used to the split now, just watching the episodes two at a time (and ignoring the Friday one).

Have to say of the three shows (This, Ireland & Junior) I think this is far more entertaining, though Bouris is no where near grumpy enough
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm getting used to the split now, just watching the episodes two at a time (and ignoring the Friday one).

Have to say of the three shows (This, Ireland & Junior) I think this is far more entertaining, though Bouris is no where near grumpy enough

Where are you watching it? I've only managed to see the first 3 eps. Very frustrating.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    artensoll wrote: »
    Where are you watching it? I've only managed to see the first 3 eps. Very frustrating.

I've found a decent site for it now (episodes 1-9 up) I've PM'd you the details