Anyone else hoping that Katie does well?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I do recognise that in the first (and possigbly second week) sje was pretty vacant (useless) but after the third episode and seeing how much bitchiness she gets from the other women and the patronising attitudes of the men she was working with I felt a bit sorry for her. I hope she does a Lucinda and does better in the coming weeks :)

Anyone else rooting a little for her?

Comments

• Tfan26Tfan26 Posts: 6,829
    Forum Member
    I'm hoping she does well for the exact same reasons :D to suck it to the other competitors.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,274
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think "rooting" is too strong a word for me yet, but she's definitely the best female in this series for me so far.
    (Also, she's about the only one without an annoying voice and/or manner)
    I thought she did well as a Project Manager (despite the loss) and I reckon she's a bit of a tough cookie.
    I don't think she deserved the stick that "Law Shoogah" gave her this week.

The icing on the cake is that she's quite hot as well, and I'm a shallow bloke :o
  • meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,104
    Forum Member
    She's gone from my least fave to my fave. lol

I think her winning is a bit of a long-shot, so I'm just wanting her to do well and survive over a few particular individuals, because it would really tick them off.
  • Off_the_hook13Off_the_hook13 Posts: 17,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah definitely, she's my favourite female by far and she actually does have common sense.

She was the only one with half a clue last week in terms of the tap cosy idea and leading the market research. Katie voiced her opinions on going for that stupid splash screen and was against it but all the other girls overuled what she was saying....maybe if they'd listened to her and gone with the tap cosy they'd have won the task.

I thought she was a good project manager, she had the right idea and made a good decision to up the price on the sauce. She was let down by other members of her team imo.

It seems like a lot of the other candidates especially the girls have it in for Katie so i hope she does well and proves those idiots wrong.
  • MonksealMonkseal Posts: 12,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like her, and hope she does well, but I think the amount she's being bitched about/marginalised is being insanely over-stated. It's hardly Series 4. If she's going to enter the process bragging about how she's going to manipulate everyone and back-stab them, then I presume she can handle Jane and Jenna being a bit bitchy about her.
  • Gothic-DudeGothic-Dude Posts: 2,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dont worry she has the great tom as PM next week, Im sure he will pull a win for her
  • Sherlock_HolmesSherlock_Holmes Posts: 6,882
    Forum Member
    Monkseal wrote: »
    If she's going to enter the process bragging about how she's going to manipulate everyone and back-stab them, then I presume she can handle Jane and Jenna being a bit bitchy about her.

And Jade, Nick, Adam, Ricky.

Actually the same audition video that ticked so many people off (see above), actually won me over as she was surprisingly honest about herself.

It is not even a case of finding her that hot (like with Liz and Melody), Gabrielle is the hottest girl but totally lacking in a business sense, but she comes across as a normal person.

Her downfall in the end (she WILL go the way of the ladies mentioned above) will probably be the fact that she sometimes takes her eye of the ball (i.e. task).
  • DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, I like Katie. She's good-looking (always important for a shallow fellow like me!) and I do think some of the other contestants have the knives out for her a bit.

(Prefer Laura though!)
  • AA2009AA2009 Posts: 8,378
    Forum Member
    Choose the red pepper image for the sauce bottle was an awful call by her.
  • Sherlock_HolmesSherlock_Holmes Posts: 6,882
    Forum Member
    AA2009 wrote: »

Why :confused:

Were the retailers, shopkeepers or the general public turned off by this image :confused:

The only problem with the packaging was the spelling mistake, as in my country such a design is standard issue (the other team didn´t even have an image or design).
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I look at her and see Britney.:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And Jade, Nick, Adam, Ricky.

Actually the same audition video that ticked so many people off (see above), actually won me over as she was surprisingly honest about herself.

It is not even a case of finding her that hot (like with Liz and Melody), Gabrielle is the hottest girl but totally lacking in a business sense, but she comes across as a normal person.

Her downfall in the end (she WILL go the way of the ladies mentioned above) will probably be the fact that she sometimes takes her eye of the ball (i.e. task).

Not to mention the whole team this week who basically treated her like an idiot e.g Stephen trying to convince her not to be PM when he said: "It's very complicated" :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That was Adam, on his own, not the entire team. Apart from Ricky giving one interview at the beginning about how he thought she was a weak candidate (and then went on to tag-team with her later in the episode - see his interview saying that everything that went wrong was down to the other guys and their refusal to criticise one another in the Final Boardroom, ganging up on Michael), I didn't see any sign that anybody else on her team didn't give her due respect.
  • rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really want her to beat the one who failed with the maths last week with the incredibly whiney voice, the evil Irish one and the mannish one.

The only other female I like is the architect one who seemed to accept she did wrong with the maths last week, instead of "at least I did it" attitude, which for me should have been instant firing from Lord Sugar.
  • Number-CruncherNumber-Cruncher Posts: 58
    Forum Member
    I look at her and see Britney.:D

Exactly my thoughts....:D
  • penelopesimpsonpenelopesimpson Posts: 14,906
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seems to me she's the only one who's not a CHAV.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seems to me she's the only one who's not a CHAV.

I notice that as well. Last year, Natasha was the only one who was a bit "chavvy". Actually, Natasha was not "rough" compared to some candidates in this series.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How on this earth is Nick a chav? Gabrielle? Laura? Tom? Azhar? Stephen? I don't even like half of the people I've just mentioned and am strugglnig to see how they're "chavs". Do people just like throwing that word around?
  • supersnakesupersnake Posts: 702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yeah I am hoping she does well but not just cos she’s been picked on but also because I am willing one of the females to prove themselves worthy. Frankly the women have been really disappointing compared with previous series’ however Katie seems the most likeable and likely to improve. Also want Gabrielle to do well!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    capekdeh wrote: »
    I notice that as well. Last year, Natasha was the only one who was a bit "chavvy". Actually, Natasha was not "rough" compared to some candidates in this series.

I thought the word chav was directed at people who behave badly (and yes they're more liekly to wear hoodies etc) not anyone whl doesn't speak Queen's English.

Seems as if it's a crime to speak with a working class accent :rolleyes:
  • penelopesimpsonpenelopesimpson Posts: 14,906
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    capekdeh wrote: »

Sorry, but with a couple of exceptions, they strike me as a rough bunch this year. That's why I wondered earlier if they have taken a decision to move the show downmarket
  • LuxrayLuxray Posts: 13,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree. I doubt she will win, but I hope she goes far.

I really don't understand the hate directed at her from the other contestants, particularly the females. :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AA2009 wrote: »

It was better than the sea/ sunset. The edit wasn't clear but it looks as though she might have been offered a choice of only two. It that was indeed the case then the pepper was the better choice.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 75
    Forum Member
    I actually really like her! Alot of the others seem to think they can walk over her and take advantage of the fact she's been in the boardroom twice so far. Really hope she impresses Lord Sugar at some point though, she seems to be skating on rather thin ice. I think she has the potential to go far, potentially even pull out a surprise win like Tom last year!
  • brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why
    Because a sweet red pepper did not well reflect the hot chili source they had made. I think she picked it because it looked elegant on screen; unfortunately it looked a bit sparse on the bottle.
    Were the retailers, shopkeepers or the general public turned off by this image :confused:
    Probably. Especially when the condiment had to be sold without being tasted; it was being sold on image.
    The only problem with the packaging was the spelling mistake, as in my country such a design is standard issue (the other team didn´t even have an image or design).
    I thought the spelling mistake was less important. But it did add to her general competence. Kate gets very little right on this task.
    The edit wasn't clear but it looks as though she might have been offered a choice of only two.
    Although their choices are often constrained, in this case I think they'd have a lot more clip-art available.
    Not to mention the whole team this week who basically treated her like an idiot e.g Stephen trying to convince her not to be PM when he said: "It's very complicated" :rolleyes:
    It seems wrong to me for the in-coming candidate to be team leader, because they have the least knowledge of the other candidates.