Anyone else hoping that Katie does well?

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 958
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Luxray wrote: »
    I really don't understand the hate directed at her from the other contestants, particularly the females. :confused:

We don't really know how she treats the other girls.
    It's quite strange that none of the girls (bar Maria, who left early) likes her, not even Jade who is one of the nicer ones. Come to think of it, none of the boys seem to think very highly of her either.
    As they say, there's no smoke without fire.
  • brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    frally wrote: »
    As they say, there's no smoke without fire.
    But sometimes there is group-think, and ganging-up. And TV editors who want to tell a consistent story.

That said, it seems accepted that Kate didn't pull her weight on the first task. She would have been fired had Bilyana been able to shut up. That would give a negative expectation to the women on the second task, and the men on the third would mostly go by what the women told them after the task.
  • Sherlock_HolmesSherlock_Holmes Posts: 6,882
    Forum Member
    brangdon wrote: »
    Kate gets very little right on this task.

Your opinion, most people (including myself) have seen a different episode then you did.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    brangdon wrote: »

Although their choices are often constrained, in this case I think they'd have a lot more clip-art available.

I would think so too but that scene looked very strange to me and it certainly appeared as though she might have been offered only two.
  • MonksealMonkseal Posts: 12,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was better than the sea/ sunset. The edit wasn't clear but it looks as though she might have been offered a choice of only two. It that was indeed the case then the pepper was the better choice.

I thought the edit was pretty clear. We're shown the design man constructing the first image to Stephen's brief of "sun,sea,sand,sunset, in the Mediterranean", then Michael and then Stephen criticise it as not looking right, so Katie says "can you type in peppers?", the design man brings up an image of a pepper, and Katie oks it. I don't see any evidence that Katie was only offered two pre-prepared images. We were shown both options being costructed from nothing, to the team's suggestions.
  • rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually think for mass market putting peppers on rather than Chilli would lead to more sales.

It would say spicy to attract those who like spice, but not have a big picture of a chilli on it to instantly turn off those who aren't that keen on spice.

There could have been better images, but considering companies in reality spend months on packaging, I don't think she did too much wrong.
  • AA2009AA2009 Posts: 8,378
    Forum Member
    Didn't do much wrong...except LOSE the task lol.

Looks like she's the DS "sacred victim" for the year.
  • Tracker321Tracker321 Posts: 575
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seems to me she's the only one who's not a CHAV.

Just goes to show how two people can see the same thing but come to different conclusions. Definitely a CHAV to me. Glad that her 'charms' don't seem to be working on the male Lord Sugar.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really like her and hope she does well.
  • ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do recognise that in the first (and possigbly second week) sje was pretty vacant (useless) but after the third episode and seeing how much bitchiness she gets from the other women and the patronising attitudes of the men she was working with I felt a bit sorry for her. I hope she does a Lucinda and does better in the coming weeks :)

Anyone else rooting a little for her?

No.

This week she was bitching about the task and what was wrong before they had even done done anything.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm glad she was in the winning team this week and I'm still hoping she does well. :cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,274
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ewoodie wrote: »
    No.

This week she was bitching about the task and what was wrong before they had even done done anything.

Yes, she was and I originally thought that, but ....
    At the end of the program she admitted that Tom had taken the right strategy and praised him, which you rarely see on the show.
    So she's back in my good books again and my fave :D
  • Yobaba**Yobaba** Posts: 4,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wulfster wrote: »
    At the end of the program she admitted that Tom had taken the right strategy and praised him, which you rarely see on the show.

I thought that Katie was being supportive of Tom's buying strategy. In the brainstorming, she'd agreed with him and suggested they just buy a few things to cut down on the risk. I might have missed it, but I don't remember her bitching.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,274
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yobaba** wrote: »
    I thought that Katie was being supportive of Tom's buying strategy. In the brainstorming, she'd agreed with him and suggested they just buy a few things to cut down on the risk. I might have missed it, but I don't remember her bitching.

It was just a couple of comments in the taxi to the junk shops, but I think Adam and Stephen were encouraging this, and as I said (and you've pointed out) she ultimately backed up Tom and praised him for his leadership.
    Easily the best girl on the series ... which deserves another :D.
  • AA2009AA2009 Posts: 8,378
    Forum Member
    The only good thing she did this week was handling that vibrator on You're Fired.
  • ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wulfster wrote: »

I haven't got a fave yet.
    Yobaba** wrote: »

In the car, right after the initial meeting.
  • ChizzlefaceChizzleface Posts: 8,221
    Forum Member
    Katie has a face like a slapped arse most of the time, I don't see any contributions from her and I think she's a goner next time she ends up in the bottom three.
  • Sherlock_HolmesSherlock_Holmes Posts: 6,882
    Forum Member
    She is easily one of the best candidates (certainly on the female front) this series.

Her boardroom history however might trip her up.
  • DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 109,523
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gone the moment she is next in the final three I feel
  • Tannhauser GateTannhauser Gate Posts: 17,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She seems weak and negative to me. The women are generally a poor bunch this year. I like Gabrielle, and it was nice suprise to find out she sold so well but she lacks the basic business maths. Jade seems to be highly thought of, but apart from her designs in the first task, I've not seen anything outstanding from her.

The guys left now all seem fairly strong apart from Azhar (who at least has won a task as PM - even if by default) and moany, arrogant Adam, who I hope will crash and burn the minute he steps up to lead.
  • hownwbrowncowhownwbrowncow Posts: 6,188
    Forum Member
    Seems to me she's the only one who's not a CHAV.

I must disagree. :p I think the only proper chavs in this series are Jenna and maybe Jade slightly. To think that every other girl besides Katie is a chav, you must be quite a snob. No offence meant. :)
  • Miles_TMiles_T Posts: 2,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like her a lot but not sure if that makes her the best candidate to win? She reminds me of Zoe Ball.
  • penelopesimpsonpenelopesimpson Posts: 14,906
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I must disagree. :p I think the only proper chavs in this series are Jenna and maybe Jade slightly. To think that every other girl besides Katie is a chav, you must be quite a snob. No offence meant. :)

Oh dear, must be my day for being called names! If you knew me you'd laugh at the idea of my being a snob but...

I think it's probably that I tend to generalise on the word Chav without getting its meanign quite right. I sort of meant (digging bigger pit here!) that they all appeared rather brash and in your face, apart from Miriam and Katy. Miriam is rather an interesting personality and I think Katie is incredibly calculating (good way) and is playing things pretty well.

Any help on definition of a Chav?

Error: I wrote Miriam when I meant Gabrielle. Interesting slip - remember Miriam who Lord S said he was wrong to fire? I think she was a stronger candidate than Gabrielle but both of them have something rather classy about them. Please don't jump on that word - I mean it in the way they conduct themselves