Jane a far better candidate then Laura

PaacePaace Posts: 14,679
Forum Member
✭✭
Sugar made a big mistake in getting rid of Jane. She has showed she is a far more capable candidate then Laura and saved the team in the previous challenge.

It was most unfair to use the fact she sold so little when she was asked to be outside to bring in people so naturally she was not going to sell very much.

I don't even know why Jane went on the show in the first place because Sugar and Dara, in the aftershow, were raving about her achievements and the fact she owns a large factory and runs a very sucessful business.

Comments

• Sweet FASweet FA Posts: 10,912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Er, like a lot of these candidates, she's probably magnified her achievements - in reality she's nothing special whatsoever. Just another gobshite imo.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dislike Jane but I have to agree with you. Jane is definitely better than Laura. The firing of Jane reminded me of the firing of Zoe last year. Zoe was definitely better compared to Melody.
  • ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A problem I have with the 'investment not a job' format is I now always suspect that someone is being kept in becouse Lord Shugs likes their business plan.
    So it could be that Laura has this years curly nail file and so inexplicably goes through to the end;)
  • EnidanEnidan Posts: 13,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes I agree. While she was on the show I wondered why/how she was there and had low regard for her skills. Now she's gone I miss her and feel resentful that Laura and Gabrielle are still there fluffing around.
  • hownwbrowncowhownwbrowncow Posts: 6,188
    Forum Member
    I genuinely thought he was going to fire Laura. I do agree, I think Laura should have gone. Jane has the kind of.. determination that surely is needed! :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Absolutely agree with OP. Jane grated on me and she made mistakes, but she stood out as one of the most capable candidates. I don't really care if she's bigged up her real-life business achievements (that's called marketing, isn't it?) - I'm going on what I saw on screen, which is a driven, focused businesswoman who's going places. All Apprentice candidates bleat about having "passion" but she clearly had it. Bad call, Sugar. Bad call.

This has got nothing to do with the fact that my name is Jane and I've got history with Lauras *sulks*
  • Mystic DaveMystic Dave Posts: 1,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sweet FA wrote: »
    Er, like a lot of these candidates, she's probably magnified her achievements - in reality she's nothing special whatsoever. Just another gobshite imo.

If you check the Net, she was a rec con, no doubt finding cheap labour for the food processing industry (the kind of cheap labour they use on The Fens). Hubby worked in the food industry, so they set up themselves a couple of years ago - with a grant from the local authority (ie: EU money). It would be hard to assess any company's real worth on two years, but it is described by an Irish paper as high volume, low margin.
  • DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lady-muck wrote: »
    This has got nothing to do with the fact that my name is Jane and I've got history with Lauras *sulks*

Oddly enough, every Laura I've ever met has been attractive, intelligent and nice. I think that's why it's my favourite girl's name.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oddly enough, every Laura I've ever met has been attractive, intelligent and nice. I think that's why it's my favourite girl's name.

Gah. I give up. :cry:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sweet FA wrote: »

^This. Although I think out of the two, Laura should've left. I think she is very irritating and doubt she'll be there to the end.
  • IgnazioIgnazio Posts: 18,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I could never understand the dislike of Jane. I considered her a realistic contender and was sorry to see her go, particularly against Laura who seems to think her appearance and ability (?) to manipulate the male population credible substitutes for business acumen.
  • DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ignazio wrote: »
    I could never understand the dislike of Jane. I considered her a realistic contender and was sorry to see her go, particularly against Laura who seems to think her appearance and ability (?) to manipulate the male population credible substitutes for business acumen.

It was Katie who suggested she could manipulate males. Laura mentioned her appearance, but only in response to a loaded question (by her account, but it sounds likely).