The Digital Spy Apprentice - Series Two - Task Three Boardroom

Comments

• xKatieLxxKatieLx Posts: 4,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Satanel wrote: »
    I'm sorry Katie, but Victoria Justice was mentioned. I'm not sure whether I'm allowed to include screenshots or not, but I'm going to be sneaky (http://i40.tinypic.com/2njc5s9.png). It's clear there that she was mentioned.

Oh OK I couldn't remember Victoria Justice being mentioned. I think the fact that it was in a list of about 15 and that being the only mention of them is why I didn't choose that act. I suggested lots of different names and others on the team had their own contributions. You where quite adamant that I only chose one or two support acts and the point of choosing Victoria Justice was only mentioned once.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,667
    Forum Member
    Okay, everyone, I don't want to drag this out too long, so I've come to a discussion.

Viveza, whilst your pitch perhaps wasn't as original or persuasive, your poster was excellent, you guys worked together very well on this task, and you kept one of the core tenets - that of realism - firmly in mind. That said, was your presentation impressive enough to secure a win?

Reflections, whilst you guys missed the boat a little on the 'realism' thing, and you didn't seem to work quite so well together, you definitely went above and beyond on certain parts of the task. I'm just not sure, though, whether your effort went towards the right aspects of this task.
  • cheekypetercheekypeter Posts: 6,552
    Forum Member
    dondfan998 wrote: »
    We all were given a 'category', so I was to look at artists for comebacks, someone would look at foreign artists, etc. We all voted in the acts of each category making a final 4. The final 4 was Katy B, Katie Melua, Brandy and One Direction. We decided from there, and a majority vote decided Katy B. I do think some people could have been a bit more positive about our choice, though
    You might as well name and shame, as it goes.

This 'minority' was me, but once we had been told that we was absolutely 100% going for Katy B, I put my all into doing the task I had been delegated, and even did extra on top. I do feel as though you're making out as though I was negative and hesitant throughout the whole task, when in reality it was over a course of around 20 minutes on Friday night, immediately after the decision was made.

Jess was very childish after the decision, but by the next day she had thrown herself into it and has been praised for that by more than one team member.

You two do seem to spend a lot of time having digs at each other though, which isn't professional at all.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,389
    Forum Member
    anactoria wrote: »
    The task guidelines didn't say you should include costings, yes, but realism was still a large part of the task, and cost is implicitly included in that. I appreciate that your team chose to focus on smaller venues, but there's still a lot of cost involved when you have several artists to accommodate and 72 venues, and you guys seemed to sidestep that a bit.

I do agree with this but I think we answered the questions regarding that subject well. :)
  • dondfan998dondfan998 Posts: 17,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jess was very childish after the decision, but by the next day she had thrown herself into it and has been praised for that by more than one team member.

You two do seem to spend a lot of time having digs at each other though, which isn't professional at all.

I know I shouldn't but I feel it's good to stand up to what you believe on and when someone is actually posting lies I'm not gonna let them win.
    Forum Member
    Taking everything into consideration, and having discussed this with my advisors, the winner of this task is Team Viveza.
    Forum Member
    Well done Viveza on your first win! :D
  • SatanelSatanel Posts: 11,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh, I'm so glad - well done us! Commiserations Team Reflections & good luck in the boardroom - your pitch was brilliant.
  • NarutoFan100NarutoFan100 Posts: 4,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you so much! Our first win!

Good luck to everyone!
  • gav016gav016 Posts: 5,836
    Forum Member
    Well done Viveza!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well done Viveza :)
  • I've Got ClassI've Got Class Posts: 12,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Congratulations Viveza :)
    Forum Member
    This was an incredibly close task, and both teams put a lot of work into it, but we felt that Viveza managed to grasp the more crucial aspects of the task a little more clearly. Well done on your first win, and I'll see you all on the next task!

Team Reflections, though, this isn't over for you guys.
  • xKatieLxxKatieLx Posts: 4,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yay our first win. :D

Good luck to everybody on Reflections for the BR. :)
    Forum Member
    So no one has a winning streak anymore? :p;):p
  • Carlisle156Carlisle156 Posts: 23,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Congratulations Team Viveza on the task win. :)
    Forum Member
    I know I shouldn't but I feel it's good to stand up to what you believe on and when someone is actually posting lies I'm not gonna let them win.

I accept this but I was also referring to MSN. More than one team member stated in evaluations that they found you aggressive sometimes, what are your thoughts on this?
    Forum Member
    So, Reflections, what do you feel went wrong for you in this task? And who was at fault?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I accept this but I was also referring to MSN. More than one team member stated in evaluations that they found you aggressive sometimes, what are your thoughts on this?

In this task I didn't think of myself as aggressive, but perhaps I was. Sometimes I just don't realise it. But I honestly feel that I should stand up for my beliefs which is what I did, and I did all the work set, so even though I regret my agression, I feel I put my heart and soul into this task. I was there from the brainstorming to the very end
    Forum Member
    In this task I didn't think of myself as aggressive, but perhaps I was. Sometimes I just don't realise it. But I honestly feel that I should stand up for my beliefs which is what I did, and I did all the work set, so even though I regret my agression, I feel I put my heart and soul into this task. I was there from the brainstorming to the very end

Thank you for your honesty, and yes I did note that you worked very hard on this task.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I guess we concentrated too much on 'less significant' areas?
    Forum Member
    anactoria wrote: »
    So, Reflections, what do you feel went wrong for you in this task? And who was at fault?

It seems the fact that we were not realistic enough cost us. I don't really agree with this totally but I can see how you think this. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry, but can you go in to detail how our tour wasn't realistic? I would say our tour was more realistic than that of Viveza - however I do agree that there was also a lot of waffling in our pitch.
    Forum Member
    I guess we concentrated too much on 'less significant' areas?

Can I clarify, were the extensive tour dates your work?
  • I've Got ClassI've Got Class Posts: 12,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just think that the other team had a stronger concept compared to ours, whether that be act or venue selection, I don't really know. From looking at the public's opinion, a reoccurring factor was that they either wasn't sure of who our artist was, or they felt there wasn't enough fame for our artist to do such a wide scale tour.

I personally couldn't pinpoint the blame on anyone, it was a team effort after all.