The Digital Spy Apprentice - Series Two - Task Three Boardroom

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,667
    Forum Member
    Can I clarify, were the extensive tour dates your work?
    As an addendum to this, I'd actually like to know what each member of the team was responsible for in this task.
  • dondfan998dondfan998 Posts: 17,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree with Jess completely, which may surprise you, but she's right. We're a team and I couldn't pinpoint who ruined our chances.
  • gav016gav016 Posts: 5,836
    Forum Member
    anactoria wrote: »
    So, Reflections, what do you feel went wrong for you in this task? And who was at fault?

Well, judging by the comments, we were possibly were slightly ambitious with the amount of dates and the areas we wanted to cover, and spent too much time arguing over minor details - like which elevator to use in the props. I think we may have got a little carried away with ourselves collectively, which I have a stake in for definite. We spent ages trying to make it what we felt was realistic, when we probably missed some crucial aspects out.
  • Carlisle156Carlisle156 Posts: 23,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can I clarify, were the extensive tour dates your work?

Yes, the extensive tour dates were mine.
  • cheekypetercheekypeter Posts: 6,552
    Forum Member
    Amroussi wrote: »
    It seems the fact that we were not realistic enough cost us. I don't really agree with this totally but I can see how you think this. :)

Would you have done things differently if you were actually around when the major decisions were made? I'd also like your team to know that in your evaluation you found it 'no big deal' that you missed this first crucial half of the task.

Rest of the team, was it 'no big deal' that he missed so much and is so laid-back about it?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,389
    Forum Member
    As an addendum to this, I'd actually like to know what each member of the team was responsible for in this task.

I was responsible for finding the 10 venues. This took many hours to do so, because I had to find unusual and interesting venues which took a while. Gav did help me find a few.

I also staged one of the songs.
    Forum Member

Carlisle handled the dates.
    Jess did the poster.
    Myself, Jess & Carlisle did the support acts.
    Val & Carlisle did the setlist.
    Amroussi & myself found the specific venues.
    Val, Carlisle, Jess & Amroussi each did staging for a performance.
    and I wrote the act selection, theme and evaluation, as well as modifying/editing things.
  • I've Got ClassI've Got Class Posts: 12,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I'm sure each member will clarify their own contribution:

I designed multiple posters, which I kept on editing throughout the course of the weekend. I also assisted Gav when he was a little off on Day One, as well as suggested some things for Amroussi yesterday. I also did the supports today, as well as answered the questions this evening.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gav016 wrote: »
    Well, judging by the comments, we were possibly were slightly ambitious with the amount of dates and the areas we wanted to cover, and spent too much time arguing over minor details - like which elevator to use in the props. I think we may have got a little carried away with ourselves collectively, which I have a stake in for definite. We spent ages trying to make it what we felt was realistic, when we probably missed some crucial aspects out.

To be fair, the elevator thing was a little unsettling. I'd written the staging the night before, came back the day after and someone had changed it to a birdcage, which seemed a little strange.

I think everyone's explained their part, but I wrote the setlist as well as staging one of the songs.
    Forum Member

Again, thank the lord my PC had broken by this point. I live 2 miles away from the UK's biggest suicide spot.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I created the entire, very realistic, world tour - the dates - then handed that over for Gav (and then Amroussi I see?) to look for ~fun and exciting~ venues.

I then added quite a lot to the setlist (you can see the difference between mine & Vals). I think I know Katy B as an artist a lot better than she did, no offense to you of course Val, so my setlist ~flowed~ a lot better. With a variety of songs as opposed to all her big songs at the start and one at the end with other stuff in the middle.

I wrote the paragraph about Frankmusik for the support, as well as did the staging for 'Katy on a Mission' performance.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Would you have done things differently if you were actually around when the major decisions were made? I'd also like your team to know that in your evaluation you found it 'no big deal' that you missed this first crucial half of the task.

Rest of the team, was it 'no big deal' that he missed so much and is so laid-back about it?

It was obviously important that he was there for the 1st half of the task, as when we were voting on Friday it was a 2-2 split at times, and had he been there, we wouldn't have been split down the middle and we would've had a majority verdict straight away.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Again, thank the lord my PC had broken by this point. I live 2 miles away from the UK's biggest suicide spot.

TBH as humorous as you make this, it wasn't a big deal. I chose the elevator yesterday, come back the next day, and it's been changed to a birdcage which holds Nicola Roberts. All I said was for it to be changed back and done.
    Forum Member
    Carlisle handled the dates.
    Jess did the poster.
    Myself, Jess & Carlisle did the support acts.
    Val & Carlisle did the setlist.
    Amroussi & myself found the specific venues.
    Val, Carlisle, Jess & Amroussi each did staging for a performance.
    and I wrote the act selection, theme and evaluation, as well as modifying/editing things.

This backs up what I had concluded in my (albeit brief) observations - Carlisle did by far the most work this task?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,389
    Forum Member

From the other alternatives made from Katy B, I would have gone with Katy B as well. I meant that I missed Friday's discussion which I was a shame but through out Saturday people just went on with their tasks, which I thought was 'no big deal' to be there for, because I don't think it matters when you do the tasks designated to you as long as you do it on time. I do think I could have given a few suggestions which we may have gone for if I were there, so I guess I shouldn't be so laid back about missing Friday but it wasn't a problem missing Saturday afternoon. :)

Edit: I'd also like to point out that there was only one major decision taking place while I was gone. (As far as I know) :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I created the entire, very realistic, world tour - the dates - then handed that over for Gav (and then Amroussi I see?) to look for ~fun and exciting~ venues.

I then added quite a lot to the setlist (you can see the difference between mine & Vals). I think I know Katy B as an artist a lot better than she did, no offense to you of course Val, so my setlist ~flowed~ a lot better. With a variety of songs as opposed to all her big songs at the start and one at the end with other stuff in the middle.

I wrote the paragraph about Frankmusik for the support, as well as did the staging for 'Katy on a Mission' performance.

I understand what you mean but I actually came up with the lot of ideas for the setlist, I don't think it's fully fair for you to take a whole lot of the credit.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This backs up what I had concluded in my (albeit brief) observations - Carlisle did by far the most work this task?

Yes he definitely did from my perspective, as I noted in my evaluation.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dondfan998 wrote: »
    I understand what you mean but I actually came up with the lot of ideas for the setlist, I don't think it's fully fair for you to take a whole lot of the credit.

In Carlisle's defense, he did spend a lot of time this afternoon debating with the online team members about the necessity of some of the covers which were chosen :)
    Forum Member

No, I wouldn't say that. Carlisle did a good job, but he came up with the datelist, wrote one paragraph for the supporting act, rearranged Val's setlist and staged one performance. I think he did a good job overall, but I wouldn't say he contributed significantly more than, say, Jess, who I feel would have done everything if she could have.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, you did come up with a lot of ideas for the setlist - however, if you want me to I can post your setlist and then my setlist. I think it's a fair enough assumption I put a lot more effort in to it, as well as came back with a better setlist - although of course we did, as a group, look at what covers to take out (Aaliyah & Kelly Rowland for example) and the order. I went above and beyond to prove myself a worthy candidate and I would say I made quite a lot of the setlist a lot better than the original.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In Carlisle's defense, he did spend a lot of time this afternoon debating with the online team members about the necessity of some of the covers which were chosen :)

I understand that, and it's fine because I added some myself, but I did a lot of work for the setlist which the PM did commend
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, you did come up with a lot of ideas for the setlist - however, if you want me to I can post your setlist and then my setlist. I think it's a fair enough assumption I put a lot more effort in to it, as well as came back with a better setlist - although of course we did, as a group, look at what covers to take out (Aaliyah & Kelly Rowland for example) and the order. I went above and beyond to prove myself a worthy candidate and I would say I made quite a lot of the setlist a lot better than the original.

To be honest it was quite tough to take the responsibility of the setlist since I'm not a huge Katy B fan so I had to work out some parts about it, but I certainly wrote a lot. I came up with a lot of ideas (e.g. the En Vogue cover which everyone was pleased with) and to be honest I think I deserve more credit then you're giving me because I put my whole effort into the setlist with the time I had.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I understand that, and it's fine because I added some myself, but I did a lot of work for the setlist which the PM did commend

I was obviously not around for this commendation, but collectively as a group we removed some of the covers, however, I am in no means undermining your hard work! :)
    Forum Member
    TBH as humorous as you make this, it wasn't a big deal. I chose the elevator yesterday, come back the next day, and it's been changed to a birdcage which holds Nicola Roberts. All I said was for it to be changed back and done.

That was very flippant of me, and I accept I wasn't there for this.

But, in all seriousness, the lack of decisiveness on Friday night was absolutely atrocious. From ALL OF YOU. I think it was Carlisle who finally brought it to an end, but it went on far, far too long. And the 'tournament/voting' thing for deciding your top 4 contenders was really poor too IMO, costing you arguably your best contender in One Direction.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,667
    Forum Member
    Amroussi wrote: »
    I was responsible for finding the 10 venues. This took many hours to do so, because I had to find unusual and interesting venues which took a while. Gav did help me find a few.

I also staged one of the songs.
    Many hours, really? The venues section was nice, but I find it surprising that it took you so long.

Also, it seems like there's some debate as to who did the most work - this kind of arguing honestly seems to be a recurring problem in this task.