• Options
    Adrian_Ward1Adrian_Ward1 Posts: 13,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    New Award for issue lead Storylines according to SOAP Sqwark
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 322
    Forum Member
    I actually think it's a good idea, how pretty you are has nothing to do with acting, it's about acting not looks
  • Options
    HildaonplutoHildaonpluto Posts: 37,697
    Forum Member
    New Award for issue lead Storylines according to SOAP Sqwark

That sounds a naff replacement to me and could mean a quota of issue lead storylines which Is think is antithetical to good storytelling.
  • Options
    West End BoyWest End Boy Posts: 870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    spoil sports. I think they are having ideas above their station. These awards are not the Bafta's. Its a bit of fun, they should have kept the catergory in. What have they replaced them with?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Kelly-x wrote: »
    I actually think it's a good idea, how pretty you are has nothing to do with acting, it's about acting not looks

That might be why it's called the sexiest award and not an acting award.....:confused:It doesn't pretend to replace acting awards.
  • Options
    Essex_BoyEssex_Boy Posts: 252
    Forum Member
    Of course psycho feminists always get their way
    how pathetic
  • Options
    Forum Member
    spoil sports. I think they are having ideas above their station. These awards are not the Bafta's. Its a bit of fun, they should have kept the catergory in. What have they replaced them with?

This👆⏫Taking themselves far too seriously !We all know the category was fun froth !
  • Options
    SMIDSYmk2SMIDSYmk2 Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    So will there only be 4 Fan voted categories? I reckon best Young Actor and newcomer should be fan voted.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 413
    Forum Member
    That's interesting, doesn't really bother me either way. Not sure about its replacement though, I'm guessing it'll be something where the nominees would be like Linda's rape in EastEnders and Steve's depression in Coronation Street. Seeing as we have Best Storyline I would have preferred something like Best Return or Best Moment.
  • Options
    NoughtiesMusicNoughtiesMusic Posts: 15,914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's stupid. How are now going to know which fitties to fap to if we don't watch all the soaps :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    SMIDSYmk2 wrote: »
    So will there only be 4 Fan voted categories? I reckon best Young Actor and newcomer should be fan voted.

4 seems quite low?
  • Options
    BadLadAshBadLadAsh Posts: 28,493
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was looking forward to seeing who would win sexiest female now Keegan has gone! Pathetic! :mad:
  • Options
    Adrian_Ward1Adrian_Ward1 Posts: 13,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Matt_James wrote: »
    That's interesting, doesn't really bother me either way. Not sure about its replacement though, I'm guessing it'll be something where the nominees would be like Linda's rape in EastEnders and Steve's depression in Coronation Street. Seeing as we have Best Storyline I would have preferred something like Best Return or Best Moment.

Best return would have been good
  • Options
    SMIDSYmk2SMIDSYmk2 Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    Best return would have been good

Especially since all soaps have good possible candidates
  • Options
    Forum Member
    BadLadAsh wrote: »
    I was looking forward to seeing who would win sexiest female now Keegan has gone! Pathetic! :mad:

Have categories ever been dropped and reinstated a few years later?
  • Options
    Pandora.Pandora. Posts: 21,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hooray! A win for common decency. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Pandora. wrote: »
    Hooray! A win for common decency. :)

Not really a win for party poopers and awards taking themselves too seriously more like it!:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 413
    Forum Member
    Maybe this means we'll see the return of Best Exit this year!
  • Options
    mercury01mercury01 Posts: 418
    Forum Member
    Well didnt Shane Ritchie win Sexiest Male a few years ago. Hmmmm says it all really
  • Options
    Pandora.Pandora. Posts: 21,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not really a win for party poopers and awards taking themselves too seriously more like it!:D
    Maybe - I understand where you're coming from (and the BSA's are the least credible awards around! :o). However i think there's enough body image issues in the entertainment industry without it being actively encouraged.

(Besides, I don't find anybody in soap particularly sexy right now anyway ;-))
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Pandora. wrote: »
    Maybe - I understand where you're coming from (and the BSA's are the least credible awards around! :o). However i think there's enough body image issues in the entertainment industry without it being actively encouraged.

(Besides, I don't find anybody in soap particularly sexy right now anyway ;-))

Oh I totally get your viewpoint too I just feel in the grand scheme of the entertainment industry this will change little given the shift to an emphasis on aesthetics is everywhere with social media,instagram etc.

I mean in truth there's always been this aspect to entertainment _I mean Hollywood now and in the past has often gone for a balanced judgement between looks and acting ability. If they have to choose between actors of comparable ability but one has devastingly good looks we know who they'll cast most of the time!:D

The history of Hollywood film is full of beautiful Hollywood goddesses and there's a reason for that,we've always had Judi Denches and Jayne Mansfields

And In terms of Hollywood hunks I for one am eternally grateful, Where would my joy be without Henry Cavill,Gerard Butler, Brad Pitt ,Zac Efron and Bruce Willis :D;-)😍😘
  • Options
    Randomguy83Randomguy83 Posts: 16,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I could care less tbh it was always a bit of a joke and the winners always seemed embarrassed about it.

I don't like how few viewer voted awards there are now though unless they're adding more awards or are moving some to viewer voting.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I could care less tbh it was always a bit of a joke and the winners always seemed embarrassed about it.

I don't like how few viewer voted awards there are now though unless they're adding more awards or are moving some to viewer voting.

Yeah I don't like that either, the reduction in viewer voted awards makes it more of an industry backslapping self congratulatory affair and less about fans rewarding what they think is best.
  • Options
    Reem2011Reem2011 Posts: 4,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At least we got Inside Soap Awards