How do i find the sex offenders list in the UK?

12346»

Comments

• cobaltmalecobaltmale Posts: 21,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do so hope the OP finds themselves accidentally put on the SOR, complete with a recent photo :D

G
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Espresso wrote: »
    Who's grasping at straws? Not me and that's for dead sure.
    It's a valid point. The fact that you can't see it is not exactly surprising to anyone who's been following this thread, of course.

You've been told time and time again in this thread what you can do if you've got concerns about this man.

But i've never said i have concerns, per se. I just want to know. I'm a sponge for knowledge and gossip.
    For reasons best known to yourself, you do not want to go to the police. Yet you are keen to continue with your assertions that others on here are soft on paedophiles. Does it not occur to you that the only person on here who is concerned about whether or not a particular person might be a paedophile is you and the only person who isn't actually going to do anything about it is also you?

So if anyone is being soft on paedophiles, who can it be?

Clearly you.
  • EspressoEspresso Posts: 18,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mart F wrote: »
    But i've never said i have concerns, per se. I just want to know. I'm a sponge for knowledge and gossip.
    Usually, grown up people know that wanting something is not a good enough reason, if there are laws in place to deny them their wants. Is this somehow news to you?
    Clearly you.
    How so?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for answering my question. Shame you forgot to apologise for not picking up on it the first time round and being rude to me as a consequence.

My position in this matter has been clear since page 1 of the thread. You'll have to excuse me if i don't have the patience to deal with fools asking trite questions.
    Going on your error in not reading MY posts properly, I think we can safely say you need to get your own house in order on that front.

See above.
    Okay, so you are saying you don't want anything to do with the police. I say that sounds like you don't trust them. You disagree. So I am asking, if you do trust them, why don't you feel able to go to them?

As Rowdy Roddy Piper famously stated in John Carpenter's late 80's classic They Live : Mama don't like tattletales
    That's a poor attempt at rubbishing my completely rational statement that no one likes a paedophile but nor do they like vigilantes either. Hardly the stuff of "laughable poppycock" is it?.

Maybe, just maybe, vigilantes aren't always a bad thing if we're dealing with people who've abused children. Or even animals for that matter.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Usualy, grown up people know that wanting something is not a good enough reason, if there are laws in place to deny them their wants. Is this somehow news to you?

Usualy grown up people know that usually has another l in it but i digress. This is the information age and if America has a SOR list which is made public as well as shows like To Catch A Predator then i don't see why we should be so draconian.
    How so?

One only has to review your posts in this thread to see your rather mollycoddled views concerning the rights of poor paedophiles.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My position in this matter has been clear since page 1 of the thread. You'll have to excuse me if i don't have the patience to deal with fools asking trite questions.

I am no fool. And my question was valid. You simply failed to answer it the first time around as you misread my post. Thankfully you got there in the end though.
    See above.

I can see very clearly.
    As Rowdy Roddy Piper famously stated in John Carpenter's late 80's classic They Live : Mama don't like tattletales

Then go to crimestoppers anonymously if you're worried about it getting out that it was you who reported this man. Though quite what you are going to report him for I'm not sure. But ring them and see how you get along. Nothing ventured, nothing gained as they say.
    Maybe, just maybe, vigilantes aren't always a bad thing if we're dealing with people who've abused children. Or even animals for that matter.

I disagree. I prefer the law to deal with such people rather than some baying mob.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm on it. But only because everyone finds my sex offensive.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,146
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This guy is a drug addicted unemployed criminal who makes money by a form of street entertainment which involves children and he's quite often spotted hanging around by schools.

It's not my place to contact the police but i'd simply like to know if he is or isn't.

I would like to know lots of things, like if my neighbour is working while claiming benefits, How much the bloke next door earns, it seems to be a lot. Whether an old neighbour that moved had been sectioned yet. None of these things give ME the right to find out. Just because I would like to know.

If you are concerned about the children as you have stated, then it IS your place to protect them.

I feel you just want to pry into his past and get the DIRT on him, so you can gossip. Your statement above testifies to my reason for my opinion.

Get lynching him, because he is good with children.

Have you seen anything to make you suspicious, apart from the drugs?
  • EspressoEspresso Posts: 18,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One only has to review your posts in this thread to see your rather mollycoddled views concerning the rights of poor paedophiles.

Does one indeed?
    Strange that, seeing as I've never said anything of the sort.
  • Richard46Richard46 Posts: 59,833
    Forum Member
    Usualy grown up people know that usually has another l in it but i digress. This is the information age and if America has a SOR list which is made public as well as shows like To Catch A Predator then i don't see why we should be so draconian.

Interestingly even the proposed Sarah's Law does not ask for the right of people like yourself to have access to the SOR info.

http://www.sarahslaw.co.uk/

I suspect the people who are seriously trying to get this 'law' implemented woud be horrified to discover that you want the information for 'gossip' purposes, if not they should be.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OP - You seem to think this guy is trouble because he is in the company of kids. How do you know they arent his kids -his friends kids - or even related to him. Its people like you that make innocent people wary of interacting with their own, Their friends and familys children!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,524
    Forum Member
    When are some people going to get it into their thick heads, that the majority of children who are sexually abused in this country, are abused by a family member and not some wierdo hanging around a kiddies playground in a dirty overcoat :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,940
    Forum Member
    i'm an honest hardworking early 30-something who enjoys goji berries and 80's movies.

Wierdo!

BURN HIM!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 158
    Forum Member
    You really should read private eye. A great point was made on their parody of online forums about being suspicious of single men in parks....when it's the men with children we should be wary of....laughing at everyone as they get away with child molesting.
  • WokStationWokStation Posts: 23,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wok Station, you're a middle class chap and you've never met a hardened criminal in your life. Stop the sham immediately.

I wish. I'd have more money then. Unfortunately for me, and also for your ironic character, I'm not, and I've met many criminals in my life.
  • ladydragonladydragon Posts: 3,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This guy is a drug addicted unemployed criminal who makes money by a form of street entertainment which involves children and he's quite often spotted hanging around by schools.

It's not my place to contact the police but i'd simply like to know if he is or isn't.

Um... So which is it? He's unemployed or earns money through street entertainment which would quite probably need a permit from the council?

As for it not being your place to contact the police... If you, or anyone else actually had genuine grounds to believe someone was grooming or abusing children; NOT saying anything and allowing children to be taken advantage of puts you firmly in cahoots with the paedophile or child abuser...
    I have no criminal record and i'm an honest hardworking early 30-something who enjoys goji berries and 80's movies.

But snitching just isn't something that one does. I could end up being victimised and threatened if it got around that i'm running to the police to report people.

Ah, so a wuss then?

If you're so pro the vigilante idea I'd have thought you'd have thrown your berries to the wind and be ardently gripping your baseball bat...
    You clearly need to examine the thread a little closer as i've been providing a compelling argument here.

Yep... As Wokstation said... A really, REALLY compelling argument as to why the SOR should never be in the public domain... Excellently done... :D
    No, he is an unemployed crackhead criminal. Those are facts. It's whether he's a kiddie fiddler that's the rumour.

The facts? See above... Anyway - if anyone else was lending that much credence to the 'rumour' I'd have thought the chap in question would have already met with a serious 'accident' courtesy of all those stupid people you refer to... Or of course the scary, violent, criminal underworld...
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    stumblebum wrote: »
    When are some people going to get it into their thick heads, that the majority of children who are sexually abused in this country, are abused by a family member and not some wierdo hanging around a kiddies playground in a dirty overcoat :rolleyes:

They will never get it until the media are bought to task on their" a pedo on every corner" approach .

The media have far to much power in this country, its time they were made to use that power wisely
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stumblebum wrote: »

How very true. Each individual family this happens to will be informed where the scumbag is released to. Word soon gets around.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

But for what purpose? I could understand if you were saying that you'd heard a rumour about him & wasn't sure whether to speak to the police. But you're saying you want to check a list/register just to see if he's on it, & then do nothing with the information. That doesn't wash with me, because once you've let the genie out of the bottle you can't put it back in. I think you're either not being honest with people here or you're not being honest with yourself about what you'd do with such information.
    But i'm not a snitch and i want to know because his future nickname depends on knowing his paedo status.
    So you're not an interested adult concerned about the welfare of children. You're someone who wants to taunt another individual once you've found out whether they're on the register or not, without even a basic knowledge of how the register works. You're talking like a child itching to pick on the new ginger kid in class.
    I have no criminal record and i'm an honest hardworking early 30-something who enjoys goji berries and 80's movies.

But snitching just isn't something that one does. I could end up being victimised and threatened if it got around that i'm running to the police to report people.
    Oh, but those people would be OK with you verbally (& maybe also physically) attacking someone? If you're in your thirties, you're hiding it amazingly well.
    It's such a retarded point it doesn't really deserve any sort of dignified response.
    Some would describe you in exactly the same way. It's to your credit that you seem to agree with them, & are open with your self-loathing.
    "Many a true word spoken in jest". Many of your posts in this thread show why so many people are against the Sex Offenders Register being made public. Intelligence (even supposing it exists in the first place) goes right out of the window when some people struggle with 2+2 & hope it's a multiple-choice question.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can only assume that the OP is a troll on a wind-up.

However, in case I'm wrong, here's my advice. If you have any genuine reason to suspect that the man in question is a pedophile then you have a duty to the children to report it to the authorities. As has been said, you can do so anonymously through CrimeStoppers.

How would you feel on the slim offchance that you were right and a kid got abused after you'd done nothing to prevent it? I hope you'd be able to sleep at night.

Of course, if you don't have reason to suspect this man then perhaps you should live and let live, eh?
  • be more pacificbe more pacific Posts: 19,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chester city centre is fairly small. IIRC, virtually all street entertainers perform on the pedestrianised areas of Northgate Street and Eastgate Street.

It's quite possible that people who are familiar with the area will know - or think they might know - this man from the OP's description.

Spreading such a vile rumour about an identifiable person is extremely immature and irresponsible. I'm surprised the mods haven't locked or deleted this thread yet.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some of the views/comments on here are awful
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Erm, i don't have access to his criminal record.

I don't know his name and i'm not going to the trouble of taking pictures of him and then going to the benefits office, which i imagine is full of scally vermin and smackheads.

Well, I don't know why you're taking the trouble of posting here--all sorts of weird characters hanging around.:D