Best headphones for about £40.

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 879
Forum Member
✭✭
I'm looking for a set of headphones for my iPod because the set I use now have broke and I hate earphones and earbuds.

I'm looking at the Sennheiser PMX200 and they're about £40.

I'm thinking about those because I've used the series before (The ones I've been using for years now are the PMX60) so I figured that the PMX200 would be a good choice because it's the most up to date in the series.

But before I buy them. Does anyone know of any better ones for £40?

Because I can't really afford to break the bank (Especially as I tend to break my headphones every year or two by catching the cable and snapping them) but obviously I'm still after good sound quality/clarity.

Comments

• Pepperoni ManPepperoni Man Posts: 7,798
    Forum Member
    The Sennheisers are good but I'd go for Grado's iGrado. They are Grado's cheapest headphone. Should be able to get them on the High Street for £40 or less on line- Amazon do them for £36

Go into any proper Hi Fi shop and they will recommend Grado over any other make
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 244
    Forum Member
    bear in mind with headphones the "annoying other people" factor
    i have the sennheisers and i can listen to my mp3 player in bed reasonably loud and not disturb my girlfriend as they don't leak any sound - the grado's apparently leak a lot of sound
    plus i've caught the cable on my sennheisers loads of times and they havent broken yet, they're pretty rugged
    although if you keep catching the cable maybe spend some extra money and get some bluetooth headphones which are coming onto the market more and more recently - i got a pair and theyre pretty damn good (so i now have 3 pairs of headphones, 2 pairs of earbuds and 5 mp3 players ! gadget boy or what !!)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 592
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anyone know about any good pairs of headphones for around £20-25? I have been looking at Skull Candy headphones but have heard all sorts of things about them snapping really easily.
    I want headphones that sound good, look good, can be worn on the ears for a good couple of hours without making your ears hurt and ones are easily adjustable. Sorry, it's a lot to ask for such a meagre budget. I've been using in-ear ones for ages and they get incredibly uncomfortable after an hour or so.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good point about the leakage, it's not too problematique for me to be able to listen to things without annoying people, but at the same time it would come in handy as I have woken people up before when I couldn't sleep and I was listeing to my Pod.

Shame because the iGrado's look really smart :)

I'll just have to have a good think about it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 244
    Forum Member
    hannahjay
    try sennheiser px200's - brilliant sound, very comfortable, quiet for other people sitting next to you too
    best headphones ive tried
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    welshyyyyy wrote: »
    hannahjay
    try sennheiser px200's - brilliant sound, very comfortable, quiet for other people sitting next to you too
    best headphones ive tried

I think I will then. The only problem I have now is, size.

The PMX60 are a perfect fit for me. However, the PMX200 seem way to big if I'm to believe amazon's size guide.

Although I don't believe it, because in checking the 2 sizes, the PMX60 apparentally weigh a kilo.

Which they obviously don't, so I now just need to find a true size guide for the 2 of them.