Openreach application timescales.

carguy143carguy143 Posts: 2,327
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Morning all.
What's the usual timescale for applying for a job at Openreach? I applied for a job in mid September and their application site says application received and no further updates since then. The vacancy is still ongoing.

Thanks.

Rik.

Comments

• mooxmoox Posts: 18,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't comment on the openreach side, but I've applied to other jobs in BT in the past and their HR, like most large companies, runs at a very slow speed.

I had one company (not BT) tell me I was unsuccessful, via email, about 6 months in to working for a much better company
  • Gerry1Gerry1 Posts: 4,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sadly, many companies are oversubscribed when jobs are advertised and don't have the courtesy to notify unsuccessful applicants. That was bad enough when postage costs were incurred, but it's unforgivable when an e-mail address has been provided or a website check is available.

At least some companies recognise the problems and warn applicants that if they don't hear back within a specified period they must assume that they have been unsuccessful.

The only thing you can do is to move on and put it down to experience. If they don't treat job applicants with respect it suggests that their staff may not fare any better, so it may be their loss not yours !
  • carguy143carguy143 Posts: 2,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the comments. I guess I'll just carry on working in retentions for an ISP via an outsourcer for time being. I really want to get out of the call centre and in to the more tech oriented side of things.