Options

Watch Dogs

Comments

• Options
    Tony TigerTony Tiger Posts: 2,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The person I know who was playtesting it says it got better eventually, took a long time though and it still doesn't get near 10/10 material.
  • Options
    cooltvcooltv Posts: 3,517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you think this game will be poor then? I don't really want to spend £54.99 downloading it on the 27th if it's rubbish lol.
  • Options
    GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm surprised it's still not available for pre-order on the PS4.
  • Options
    Tony TigerTony Tiger Posts: 2,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cooltv wrote: »
    Do you think this game will be poor then? I don't really want to spend £54.99 downloading it on the 27th if it's rubbish lol.
    I'm not expecting it to be poor per se but nor am I expecting great things.
  • Options
    biggebruvbiggebruv Posts: 6,626
    Forum Member
    ritch wrote: »
    I'm getting a bad feeling about this game. For a game's build up to release there have been so many conflicting rumours, now the claim the PS4 can run it at 60fps, then that claim withdrawn, the graphics issues, the delays etc. it seems like they have had some major issues and I wonder if we are in for one of the gaming disappointments of the decade!

LOL seriously

because theres confusion over the FPS seriously who F-ING cares obviously its best to get 60FPS but if its 30FPS so what it never stoped us before playing all those great games on PS2+PS3 etc in 30fps

gamers are being seriously whiney this generation and its all about resolution and FPS WTF!!!

its had one major delay last I checked thats better than rushing it out NO?:confused:

watchdogs is coming out at the perfect time if it had come out last year it would have been released with all the other games and been lumped into them with so much to play

now watchdogs has space to breath and gamers will lap it up because theres F-all else out ATM I reckon

as for the graphics its a mixed gen game with last gen compatiablity in mind keep things in perspective so it cant be a fully next gen game at all
    it will just about reach up to the first vid that was shown at E3 I reckon

now is the game itself any good thats the only Q we need to know and like with everything else we wait till reviews,user reviews and youtube reviews to get a general vibe of the game not based on FPS and resolutions or delays
  • Options
    ritchritch Posts: 2,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    biggebruv wrote: »
    LOL seriously

because theres confusion over the FPS seriously who F-ING cares obviously its best to get 60FPS but if its 30FPS so what it never stoped us before playing all those great games on PS2+PS3 etc in 30fps

gamers are being seriously whiney this generation and its all about resolution and FPS WTF!!!

its had one major delay last I checked thats better than rushing it out NO?:confused:

watchdogs is coming out at the perfect time if it had come out last year it would have been released with all the other games and been lumped into them with so much to play

now watchdogs has space to breath and gamers will lap it up because theres F-all else out ATM I reckon

as for the graphics its a mixed gen game with last gen compatiablity in mind keep things in perspective so it cant be a fully next gen game at all
    it will just about reach up to the first vid that was shown at E3 I reckon

now is the game itself any good thats the only Q we need to know and like with everything else we wait till reviews,user reviews and youtube reviews to get a general vibe of the game not based on FPS and resolutions or delays

calm down mate lol. All I am saying is that I have a bad feeling this game wont live up to expectations, by a long shot, too much hype, too much confusion. I agree that gamers wine these days and that irritates me as well, but here there are valid reasons for concern. I'm not worried about the graphics, my point is all the mixed info, what's going on with this game? It doesn't look good when this close to release. I agree with a previous post, it will probably be ok but not expecting great things either.
  • Options
    fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Speculation over.

900p, 30 frames per second on PlayStation 4 and 792p, 30 frames per second on Xbox One.
  • Options
    AsmoAsmo Posts: 15,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Speculation over.

900p, 30 frames per second on PlayStation 4 and 792p, 30 frames per second on Xbox One.

http://blog.ubi.com/watch-dogs-next-gen-game-resolution-dynamism/

Definitely waiting for the reviews and first hand experience on this one.
  • Options
    sithlord3ksithlord3k Posts: 548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've got a bad feeling about this... I think this is just the beginning of the bad news concerning Watch Dogs; I really really hope I'm wrong.
  • Options
    BrigonBrigon Posts: 2,864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cooltv wrote: »

I think read some reviews first, and see if it's your thing. I predict Assassins Creed game with a hacking gimmick. A flawed premise much like the first Assassins Creed, but sequels will improve the formula and be much better.
  • Options
    gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it sounds a cross between gta and infamous myself
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gillyallan wrote: »
    I think it sounds a cross between gta and infamous myself

I hope so as I love both those games :D
  • Options
    Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Speculation over.

http://i.imgur.com/ZdkIoQf.png

They should've sacrificed res for framerate, 30fps just isn't cricket.

PC continues to grow thanks to consoles.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30
    Forum Member
    I've just been reading about this. Its crazy to see people actually cancelling pre orders based on these resolution numbers. Why has resolution become such big thing this gen?I never saw a thread anywhere when black ops was released at 600p and 540p on the Xbox 360 and ps3 for example, yet everywhere i turn in gaming social websites I'm seeing resolution talk.

I'm far more interested in review scores and gameplay impressions than res numbers.I'm sure the game will look great, but at the moment im afraid the game will be boring to play.
  • Options
    YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    ^^^ and go back further than the 360 and ps3. Look at any thread about your favourite game ever and you'll see maybe Final Fantasy 7, the first Metal Gear Solid, Super Mario Bros, Goldeneye, Zelda: Ocarina of Time and many others. None of these games had 60fps and 1040p resolution. Yet we all live them and would play them again in a heartbeat.

Yet people are whining because every game cannot run at these specs. People need to cop on and remember what makes great games, it's not frames per second and it's not resolution.

I know technology must advance, and there's a certain standard we expect from games of this era, but people are willing to dismiss a game entirely based on these numbers, it's ridiculous.
  • Options
    jokerzjokerz Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://i.imgur.com/ZdkIoQf.png

They should've sacrificed res for framerate, 30fps just isn't cricket.

PC continues to grow thanks to consoles.

FFS!!!

I should've thought the "next Gen" could at least hit 1080p on these games! It is slightly worrying that these consoles are ALREADY struggling to hit the PC benchmarks!

I was quite annoyed earlier when I dug out COD ghosts on the PC (my laptop) and dropped the settings to pretty much low except resolution only to find it looked exactly the same as my PS4 version.

Methinks this next gen is looking like a bit of a short one. Going to wait until ES 2014 to see what Sony has up its sleeves. If its not great then *may* look at selling up on consoles and keep to pc (and 360).
  • Options
    tombigbeetombigbee Posts: 4,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yuffie wrote: »
    ^^^ and go back further than the 360 and ps3. Look at any thread about your favourite game ever and you'll see maybe Final Fantasy 7, the first Metal Gear Solid, Super Mario Bros, Goldeneye, Zelda: Ocarina of Time and many others. None of these games had 60fps and 1040p resolution. Yet we all live them and would play them again in a heartbeat.

Yet people are whining because every game cannot run at these specs. People need to cop on and remember what makes great games, it's not frames per second and it's not resolution.

I know technology must advance, and there's a certain standard we expect from games of this era, but people are willing to dismiss a game entirely based on these numbers, it's ridiculous.

I agree, it is crazy. The first E3 trailers did suggest it would look pretty great but it's not like you look at it now and say those graphics suck. It's all about the gameplay.
  • Options
    Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

What makes games great is gameplay, but poor fps can hamper the experience. How many old games had terrible fps? The only time I encountered poor fps in the PSOne days was when I would create about 100 mammoth tanks in Red Alert and it would tank the game!

The reaction is because of the things Ubisoft have been saying. To all platforms they have been making promises (see my link), and it looks like none of them have been kept (even after all the delays), hence the subsequent reaction. If they kept quiet and released this info, the reaction would have probably been much smaller. The whole saga of Watch_Dogs development perfectly illustrates why Valve keeps their mouth shut.
    jokerz wrote: »
    FFS!!!

I should've thought the "next Gen" could at least hit 1080p on these games! It is slightly worrying that these consoles are ALREADY struggling to hit the PC benchmarks!

I was quite annoyed earlier when I dug out COD ghosts on the PC (my laptop) and dropped the settings to pretty much low except resolution only to find it looked exactly the same as my PS4 version.

Methinks this next gen is looking like a bit of a short one. Going to wait until ES 2014 to see what Sony has up its sleeves. If its not great then *may* look at selling up on consoles and keep to pc (and 360).

Ubisoft think optimization is overrated and prefer brute force, all their games will be better played on PC. I don't think other multiplat AAA devs think the same way as them and consoles should see that 60fps/1080p....At some point.
  • Options
    muntamunta Posts: 18,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I expected at least 4k @120 FPS. That's it. I'm going to kill myself now :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    munta wrote: »
    I expected at least 4k @120 FPS. That's it. I'm going to kill myself now :(

Noooo.

Just go and spend three grand on a gaming pc and then you'll have everything you want.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I must admit I am disappointed it isn't 1080p on the PS4, although the 30fps doesn't bother me as I can't really tell the difference.

I guess its to be expected at the start of this gen until they get used to the new platforms.
  • Options
    ritchritch Posts: 2,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    its the frame rate that bothers me. its a personal thing but I notice a big difference between 30 and 60 fps, that's one reason i prefer PC gaming. the games are more playable and fluid. if consoles could hit that performance mark i'd be converted. id rather that than bells and whistles graphics, nothing is more important than smooth game play imo.
  • Options
    LostlamLostlam Posts: 191
    Forum Member
    The first major NG game on PS4 IMO. I am looking forward to seeing what this game has in store.
  • Options
    jokerzjokerz Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Noooo.

Just go and spend three grand on a gaming pc and then you'll have everything you want.

Ha ha ha

Yeah 3 grand if your building skynet......... ;-)

No offence mate but my PC build would cost about 1k and thats money I spent by changing my config over time rather than an out and out spend initially.

It's quite funny this sigma that a decent PC for gaming costs alot of cash. It's total nonsense in my experience. The only issue(s) I have with PC gaming and the main reason I still have consoles is that sometimes PC games don't run properly from the word go. There's often driver issues etc that cause major problems which make the console simplicity of insert disk and play more attractive.

I am quite disappointed that major releases like Watch Dogs or even Titanfall can't hit the magic 1080p 60fps. Anyone who says you can't tell the difference between 30fps and 60fps has no idea what they are on about. Try games like GTAIV on consoles at 30fps or below then try it on PC at 60fps or even Far Cry 3, Crysis 2/3 or ACIV and then say you can't tell the difference as to how smooth it is.

I'm still hoping for a PS4 or PC announcement for GTAV as playing it at a solid 30fps or above would make one heck of a difference as to how it plays.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ah I know jokerz. I intentionally went overboard with the price. Although is 120fps possible? I know technically it is, just shove more frames into a second timestamp, but would it be rendered pointless?