Options

BT's Unlimited Anytime package query

fortytwofortytwo Posts: 1,298
Forum Member
✭✭✭
This might seem a strange question given the title of the thread but if you have the Unlimited Anytime phone package from BT do you have to redial after an hour to prevent getting any charges?

I know that was the case when I had the Weekend and Evening package.

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Options
    iniltousiniltous Posts: 642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fortytwo wrote: »
    This might seem a strange question given the title of the thread but if you have the Unlimited Anytime phone package from BT do you have to redial after an hour to prevent getting any charges?

I know that was the case when I had the Weekend and Evening package.

Thanks for any help.

Yes you do, if the call goes over 60mins, they charge even if it's an 'inclusive' call
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for that reply.

I've just discovered that the number I want to call has changed since I last had to phone it and it's now a 0300 number. That's apparently a free number so waiting for the HMRC to answer my call will just cost me time not money -at least not more money than they claim I owe them.
  • Options
    mooxmoox Posts: 18,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fortytwo wrote: »
    Thanks for that reply.

I've just discovered that the number I want to call has changed since I last had to phone it and it's now a 0300 number. That's apparently a free number so waiting for the HMRC to answer my call will just cost me time not money -at least not more money than they claim I owe them.

Strictly speaking it's not quite free - but it is the same price as a call to another landline, or inclusive in any calling plan if you have one that includes landline calls.

Since you have unlimited anytime calls to landlines, you can call 03 numbers in the same way at no extra cost, too.

Many government entities are moving to 03 numbers in preference to 0844 or 0845 or other codes that can be quite expensive to call
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    moox wrote: »
    Strictly speaking it's not quite free - but it is the same price as a call to another landline, or inclusive in any calling plan if you have one that includes landline calls.

Since you have unlimited anytime calls to landlines, you can call 03 numbers in the same way at no extra cost, too.

Many government entities are moving to 03 numbers in preference to 0844 or 0845 or other codes that can be quite expensive to call

Yes of course you are quite right - I wasn't precise enough in my post.

Regarding the switch over from the 0844/0845 numbers it is one of the very few government initiatives of which I approve.:)