Sitcoms that need a repeat

Comments

• dave_windowsdave_windows Posts: 5,937
    Forum Member
    atg wrote: »
    Goodness Gracious Me.

Thats because the cast are blacks. They can freely take the piss out of the english whites and the BBC wont say a word. Now other way around and its racist.
    Forum Member
    iaindb wrote: »
    A old episode of Till Death Us Do Part is being re-made for the BBC's forth-coming sitcom season. Starring Simon Day of The Fast Show fame, it will be shown on BBC4.

To be honest if people dont like it they can go **** themselves. Screw PC and just air the thing. The Simon Day reboot will just look silly because they wont be using any language from the 60s show.
    Forum Member
    John Dough wrote: »
    It's been on 'Drama' within the last year or so, it looks very dated now and the talk about 'what things cost' in any old programme is fascinating in hindsight.:o

No it isnt dated. Fresh as it was. Great show.
  • frightleverfrightlever Posts: 1,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You haven't missed much.

Till death us do part is the one to watch.

Nina Baden-Semper was better looking than anyone in the cast of Til, even Alf.
  • Sherlock_HolmesSherlock_Holmes Posts: 6,882
    Forum Member
    Thats because the cast are blacks. They can freely take the piss out of the english whites and the BBC wont say a word. Now other way around and its racist.

Hello Nigel!
  • SurrenderBillSurrenderBill Posts: 19,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hello Nigel!

Aye, I've been shaking my head and smiling. Who needs sitcoms when you can watch someone squirming on a forum?
  • frightleverfrightlever Posts: 1,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glenn A wrote: »
    I'd like to see Citiizen Smith repeated. It was a unique idea for a sitcom- a wannabe revolutionary and his four gormless supporters trying to stir up a revolution in London and failing- and one which with the left on the rise again could be quite topical.

The left on the rise again? I was a big fan of Citizen Smith, foxy, but Corbyn has about as much chance of becoming PM as Speed has of keeping out of prison.

Citizen Smith was funny because the left was in power and in absolute disarray.

You couldn't make a show like Citizen Smith now, because there's literally nothing to revolt against. There are inconveniences, but if your rallying cry is exclusively about how much the Government should give you for free, it isn't going to catch on. Hence Corbyn and the demise of the Labour Party as an opposition party.
  • Sherlock_HolmesSherlock_Holmes Posts: 6,882
    Forum Member
    This one:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gZXVgO9zXJw

A smiling Sam, something you don't see much these days.
  • Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    Well the boxset is out there for sickness and health parents could show todays generation and they d love it. Its the world thats PC all these doo gooders trying to stop this and that classics from shown on TV.

Why don't you give us a list of these 'doo gooders' who own the rights to these programs and preventing them been shown, I suspect you don't have one.
  • Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member

Deary me, the cast was actually mostly Asian, along with Dave Lamb who was a regular IIRC.
    The show was mostly jokes based on Asians/Asian characters, but I'm not surprised it went over your head.
    The phrase 'The wogs begin at Calais' comes to mind for some reason...
  • SambdaSambda Posts: 6,210
    Forum Member
    I know we're mostly on about UK shows here, but "The Beverly Hillbillies" stands up reasonably well today, especially some of the earlier ones.

Has "It Ain't Half Hot Mum" been mentioned? They've repeated most of the other Croft stuff, to good reception I believe.
  • pete137pete137 Posts: 18,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Me And My Girl with Richard O'Sullivan. Has this ever been repeated since the 80's ? Would love to watch it again.

01d56701b4b61ec9c311e5936fa1128b.jpg
  • barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So I'm the only person who ever watched Ideal then? The greatest sitcom ever broadcast and surely due for a repeat. Series 2 contains one of the funniest episodes of anything shown anywhere, but they were all great.
  • stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member

They are not black, they are Indian.
  • stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    barbeler wrote: »
    So I'm the only person who ever watched Ideal then? The greatest sitcom ever broadcast and surely due for a repeat. Series 2 contains one of the funniest episodes of anything shown anywhere, but they were all great.

Johnny Vegas irritates me.
  • biscuitfactorybiscuitfactory Posts: 29,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Green Wing.
    I don't think it's ever been repeated since it finished.
    I could be wrong ( I'm sure someone will enlighten me )

Hilariously daft character - driven sitcom
  • VetinariVetinari Posts: 3,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    marios mum wrote: »
    Not sure if 'sitcom' but I loved Roger Roger with Robert Daws, I don't think that's ever been repeated?
    zackai48 wrote: »
    A fantastic show written by the incomparable John Sullivan. I don't think this amusing comedy has ever been repeated. A real shame.

Not only has it nor been repeated (nor made available on DVD), but it seemed to stop in mid series.

It's a long time ago, so I can't remember the exact details, but AFAICR there was some suggestion of criminality that Robert Daws character appeared to be set up to take the blame for.

TBH the ending - if that was what it was intended to be - was a complete mess that left a great deal dangling.
  • Simon_MoreSimon_More Posts: 709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Watching was also great. She really could have done better.

I loved watching. I am a Liza Tarbuck fan to boot. Seems from IMDB most of the cast are still quite active except Emma Wray. She stopped acting in the 90s and seems to get quite annoyed when recognised :(
  • davadsdavads Posts: 8,643
    Forum Member
    They are not black, they are Indian.

"Indian!" :)
  • Sun Glasses RonSun Glasses Ron Posts: 17,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tune into 'Yesterday' channel its on freeview (Channel 19)

Around 10pm every night they show some of the greatest comedies made

& the best is its FREE
  • SambdaSambda Posts: 6,210
    Forum Member
    pete137 wrote: »
    Me And My Girl with Richard O'Sullivan. Has this ever been repeated since the 80's ? Would love to watch it again.

01d56701b4b61ec9c311e5936fa1128b.jpg

There was one episode where his daughter (who was supposed to be about 14?) was walking around in her undies in front of him. That seemed a bit odd even back then.
  • claremontsclaremonts Posts: 20,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tune into 'Yesterday' channel its on freeview (Channel 19)

Around 10pm every night they show some of the greatest comedies made

& the best is its FREE
    Thanks for that-have just found the first episode of "The Likely Lads" scheduled so have series linked it 👍🏻
  • dingleboydingleboy Posts: 302
    Forum Member
    I Didn't Know You Cared................Pardon ?
  • Castle SaburacCastle Saburac Posts: 184
    Forum Member
    The Good Life
    Game On
    Whatever Happened to the Likely Lads
    The Thin Blue Line
    2point4 Children
    Solo
    No Job for a Lady
  • TIVO_YORK99TIVO_YORK99 Posts: 317
    Forum Member
    Sambda wrote: »
    There was one episode where his daughter (who was supposed to be about 14?) was walking around in her undies in front of him. That seemed a bit odd even back then.

I don't remember that?, however, I vaguely remember when he got off with one of her friends - that was a bit dodgy.

I'll have to watch them again and find the episode.