Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pork.pie wrote: »
    We gave up after ten minutes.

It improved.
  • Options
    Trappedin80'sTrappedin80's Posts: 6,270
    Forum Member
    I liked it and would quite like to see a series.

Johnson from Peep Show was the dad.
  • Options
    mike65mike65 Posts: 11,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I enjoyed that, though it felt like a 8.30 sitcom on BBC One. Has potential.
  • Options
    KarlyKarly Posts: 10,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That wasn't bad, once you lost the little voice in your head saying "|Outnumbered - The Sequel". Don't get why they are hiding these away. I stumbled on it completely by accident - hadn't seen it advertised at all - and there seem to be several new pilots coming up. How do they expect new comedy to catch on if they don't promote it more?
  • Options
    AmusedmooseAmusedmoose Posts: 1,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It really felt a bit too much like something that would be on CBBC, and would probably do very nicely in that capacity, just not 10pm on BBC2. Obviously they were attempting to emulate the success of Outnumbered with the whole 'adopted families' twist. Not my cup of tea but then neither was Outnumbered. I can't really see it getting a commision though, the chemistry felt extremely forced.
  • Options
    PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Karly wrote: »
    That wasn't bad, once you lost the little voice in your head saying "|Outnumbered - The Sequel". Don't get why they are hiding these away. I stumbled on it completely by accident - hadn't seen it advertised at all - and there seem to be several new pilots coming up. How do they expect new comedy to catch on if they don't promote it more?

I've seen that Michael Fish ad promoting these pilots a few times.
  • Options
    gkabcgkabc Posts: 2,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely more along the line of children's television. Not on the same level as Outnumbered.
  • Options
    Lou_25Lou_25 Posts: 693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't watch children's TV so can't comment on that but it didn't make me laugh. I found the mother character quite unlikeable. The youngest daughter kept me watching, I thought she was very good.
  • Options
    KarlyKarly Posts: 10,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah, was that what the Michael Fish thing was about? Saw it in the background but the content didn't register. An advert that didn't do its job as I was too busy thinking "oh that's Michael Fish and 70s weather"!
  • Options
    JEFF62JEFF62 Posts: 5,103
    Forum Member
    pork.pie wrote: »
    We gave up after ten minutes.

Same here.
  • Options
    gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,630
    Forum Member
    Karly wrote: »
    That wasn't bad, once you lost the little voice in your head saying "|Outnumbered - The Sequel
    I thought it the bastard offspring of Outnumbered and Raised by Wolves. :D

Good enough to while away half and hour.
  • Options
    DICKENS99DICKENS99 Posts: 2,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Although I know it wasn't, it played like a TV transcription of one of those radio 4 comedies that go out at 11:30 in the morning.
  • Options
    HaydenHayden Posts: 32,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One or two smart lines but nothing that would make me watch it again if they made a series.
  • Options
    Cory_Osborn2Cory_Osborn2 Posts: 513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I enjoyed it and would watch it again :) Looking forward to Home From Home tonight!
  • Options
    dingleboydingleboy Posts: 302
    Forum Member
    Just more of the same Dopey Parents/Smart talking Children comedy schtick, this time with a surreal cultural diversity agenda.

Coz in real life kids are really smart, can they drive, no, operate heavy machinery, no synthisise DNA , erm no. Fill in a Census form , no.

Enuff smart kids on TV. OK ?
  • Options
    RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was ok. Good cast and a witty (but not hilarious) dialogue. No canned laughter, that was a bonus point for me.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I liked the arguing wall joke, that was very good.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    dingleboy wrote: »
    Just more of the same Dopey Parents/Smart talking Children comedy schtick, this time with a surreal cultural diversity agenda.

Coz in real life kids are really smart, can they drive, no, operate heavy machinery, no synthisise DNA , erm no. Fill in a Census form , no.

Enuff smart kids on TV. OK ?

But perhaps some of them are quite smart when it comes to grammar, spelling and punctuation. :D
  • Options
    butterworthbutterworth Posts: 17,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are these pilots, literally, one-episode pilots ? I would have liked to, at least, see a small series (5 or 6 episodes, like Detectorists).

Anyway, I enjoyed this. Nice and Light and, I think, would work for the whole family which is a nice change these days.
  • Options
    harrypalmerharrypalmer Posts: 1,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gkabc wrote: »
    Definitely more along the line of children's television. Not on the same level as Outnumbered.

You're right, definitely not as low-down as Outnumbered.
  • Options
    tinkerbell987tinkerbell987 Posts: 1,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I quite enjoyed it and would definitely watch if there was a series
  • Options
    suesuesuesuesuesue Posts: 16,256
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I liked the arguing wall joke, that was very good.
    And I've done that! 🙀
    Also liked the older sister calling the younger one wiki leaks 😀
    Oh and who hasn't (nearly) taken the wrong face painted kid home? Ah just me then.
    Thought this was better than, say, Mrs Browns Boys which seems strangely (to me) popular.