Options

Complete Series 7 boxset question

Comments

• Options
    bohoboybohoboy Posts: 816
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So the cover has been officially released (seen on Amazon). It confirms the absence of TDTWATW from the set. Awful decision!

More interestingly it lists Series 7B as episodes 6-13, finally confirming that The Snowmen is officially outside of the episode count. This appeases my OCD at least... didn't want Series 1-6 having 13 episodes and this one having 14.

With all of this in mind it's quite possible to skip over TDTWATW altogether without condequence. There's no actual need for it at all as its events haven't been referenced since. It's my least favourite episode of Who ever and now its the most Pointless too - complete with Alexander Armstrong ;):D

Can you link? I can't find complete series 7 artwork on Google let alone Amazon?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So the cover has been officially released (seen on Amazon). It confirms the absence of TDTWATW from the set. Awful decision!

More interestingly it lists Series 7B as episodes 6-13, finally confirming that The Snowmen is officially outside of the episode count. This appeases my OCD at least... didn't want Series 1-6 having 13 episodes and this one having 14.

With all of this in mind it's quite possible to skip over TDTWATW altogether without condequence. There's no actual need for it at all as its events haven't been referenced since. It's my least favourite episode of Who ever and now its the most Pointless too - complete with Alexander Armstrong ;):D

Thanks for getting my hopes up! :)

This is the thread for the complete box set.
  • Options
    AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    My bad, I'm currently on mobile so sorry for the lack of clarification :(
  • Options
    Dr jake youngDr jake young Posts: 652
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My bad, I'm currently on mobile so sorry for the lack of clarification :(

just been on amazon.com and there is no art work or confirmation!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    just been on amazon.com and there is no art work or confirmation!

See above?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Not sure what that is meant to prove really.

No release date and a list of what is on it in the reviews, nothing official. 14 episodes, so at least no TDTWATW
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And the guy who lists what is on it and the 'extras' contradicts the number of episodes in the official description.

Nothing but a placeholder.
  • Options
    CAMERA OBSCURACAMERA OBSCURA Posts: 8,023
    Forum Member
    deleted.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not sure what that is meant to prove really.

No release date and a list of what is on it in the reviews, nothing official. 14 episodes, so at least no TDTWATW

nothing, i was just showing you the page
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    deleted.

how come?
  • Options
    Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    Do we know when the complete Series 7 is out on DVD?
  • Options
    chrisii2011chrisii2011 Posts: 2,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shawn_Lunn wrote: »
    Do we know when the complete Series 7 is out on DVD?

Yeah,i want to pre order it
  • Options
    CAMERA OBSCURACAMERA OBSCURA Posts: 8,023
    Forum Member
    how come?

Orignally I was intrigued by one of the extras that was listed as part of the box set.

I then noticed that it wasn't part of the 'official' information on the item but was in someone's comment post.

So probaly a load of old tosh.:)
  • Options
    Octopus_PrimeOctopus_Prime Posts: 851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    here's hoping 2011 Xmas Special is included :D, Hope it's we get a release date sooner than later.
  • Options
    Dr. LinusDr. Linus Posts: 6,445
    Forum Member
    I can see both sides of it really. It's a pain in the backside to have to buy a separate DVD for one episode, but it doesn't really have any place in the boxset. It was broadcast a whole 9 months apart from Series 7 and it's utterly stand-alone - there's been no reference to it since and it could be skipped by the casual viewer without them noticing. Add in the fact that it was pretty badly received and I can see the logic in the powers that be discarding it. Not to mention that it'll have been available to buy for nearly two years by the time the boxset comes out, so it's not exactly much-anticipated.

But as a completist, I do want it on the boxset!
  • Options
    TheSilentFezTheSilentFez Posts: 11,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dr. Linus wrote: »
    I can see both sides of it really. It's a pain in the backside to have to buy a separate DVD for one episode, but it doesn't really have any place in the boxset. It was broadcast a whole 9 months apart from Series 7 and it's utterly stand-alone - there's been no reference to it since and it could be skipped by the casual viewer without them noticing. Add in the fact that it was pretty badly received and I can see the logic in the powers that be discarding it. Not to mention that it'll have been available to buy for nearly two years by the time the boxset comes out, so it's not exactly much-anticipated.

But as a completist, I do want it on the boxset!

Same, just for my DVD collection to be complete, I'd like it in the boxset, but if it isn't, I'll probably just buy the DVD separately and put it in my Series 6 Boxset instead of the Confidential cutdowns DVD which I don't care about.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Same, just for my DVD collection to be complete, I'd like it in the boxset, but if it isn't, I'll probably just buy the DVD separately and put it in my Series 6 Boxset instead of the Confidential cutdowns DVD which I don't care about.

that sounds ideal! i may do exactly the same thing :cool:
  • Options
    jedi mattjedi matt Posts: 1,298
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It does seem a bit odd as I remember before the 2009 specials aired I bought the next doctor separately then felt a bit like an idiot when it turned up in the specials boxset. Lets hope that this is not true and we will get a surprise when the set does come out.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I bought Series 7 Part 1 blu-ray in the amazon sale in January for £11.95, figuring I probably wouldn't be going for the complete collection I bought the blu-ray of TDTWATW for £3 during the same sale. So I avoided this issue before it became an issue. It never occured to me that it might not be on the Series 7 boxset though, it feels like it needs to go somewhere and it wasn't on Series 6.
  • Options
    AudioRebelAudioRebel Posts: 32,201
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only site I've found the complete Series 7 DVD box set on sale is the BBC shop.

http://www.bbcshop.com/doctor-who/doctor-who-series-7-parts-1+2-dvd-with-free-exclusive-art-cards/invt/dw7set1/

All episodes from 'The Asylum Of The Daleks to 'The Name Of The Doctor' are included.
    The 2012 Christmas 'Snowmen' episode is on,but 'The Doctor, The Widow & The Wardrobe' isn't.
    Release date is today (20th May) and if you're quick enough you get 14 (one per episode) exclusive artwork cards thrown in for your £29.49.
  • Options
    amos_brearleyamos_brearley Posts: 8,496
    Forum Member
    That link is just parts 1 and 2 isn't it?
  • Options
    AudioRebelAudioRebel Posts: 32,201
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is indeed.The complete Series 7.. (albeit described as Parts 1 & 2).. but still, all 14 episodes in one boxset /package.
    No news on any other Series 7 DVD collection,unless there'll be some 'Complete Series 7 special collectors edition' in time for the 50th in November ??
  • Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is indeed.The complete Series 7.. (albeit described as Parts 1 & 2).. but still, all 14 episodes in one boxset /package.
    No news on any other Series 7 DVD collection,unless there'll be some 'Complete Series 7 special collectors edition' in time for the 50th in November ??

The image shows 2 separate Boxes for Part 1 and Part 2 so doesn't look like the Complete Series 7 Box Set to me.
  • Options
    Rincewind78Rincewind78 Posts: 2,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hope so. I'm 3 and a half years behind buying the Nu-Who stuff.
    I got series 1-4 in one fell swop back in 2010, after researching for ages that they are DEFO not coming to Bluray, they were all reasonably cheap on DVD at that time.
    Wanted The Specials there and then, just to complete it (though apart from the End of Time, I didn't think any of the other specials were very good), but that was the first to hit Bluray, but it was really expensive at £33 for ages. Then series 5 and 6 quickly come out after another in what feels like a flash! and though I didn't want to rush getting these releases ( I have grown to like Smith's Doctor a bit more now, the majority of the stories he has done have been terrible) I was just gonna wait till they are cheaper on Blu.
    Well, The Sepcials and series 5 and 6 are as cheap as they properly will be on Blu right now, and will start getting them in 1 per month.
    So the new Series 7, hoping for it actually get a "complete" release, I may get this one earlier, so can watch all of them again before Smith is killed off at Christmas and appreciate the character a bit more.
    The Widow episode is one of the worst, and though I
    Hate it, I'm hoping it is included for collecting sake. I sure as hell do not want to buy it seperate!!!
    I wonder if a 'complete' series 7 will be out
    In the new year to include Smith's departure episode?
    The first box set to include 3 Christmas specials !!