Will there be any difference between ps3 and PS 4 version of the
    Game play wise
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ian2439 wrote: »
    Will there be any difference between ps3 and PS 4 version of the
    Game play wise

According to Ubisoft, it's basically the same game, but with less detailed graphics, fewer simultaneous on-screen characters, fewer particle effects, less realistic wind and water simulation etc.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to Ubisoft, it's basically the same game, but with less detailed graphics, fewer simultaneous on-screen characters, fewer particle effects, less realistic wind and water simulation etc.

Thanks

What platform will you guys buy the game for
  • Philip WalesPhilip Wales Posts: 6,373
    Forum Member
    PS4 for me, trying not to get tied down to PS3 games now, having PS+ doesn't help though.
  • Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks

PC I have a great rig, and I can't wait to let it rip on this game :)
  • Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks

Dead Sec edition on PS4
  • ixHellstormxixHellstormx Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks

PC here :)
  • PhoenixRisesPhoenixRises Posts: 2,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dead Sec edition on PS4

What comes with the Dead Sec Edition? I always like the look of "editions" but I never know if it is worth it - I really don't need a figurine cluttering up my house.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What comes with the Dead Sec Edition? I always like the look of "editions" but I never know if it is worth it - I really don't need a figurine cluttering up my house.

Physical Content:
    A 23cm Aiden Pearce Figurine

Steelboook

DEDSEC Collector box
    Watch_Dogs Artbook: artworks and illustrations that inspired the game
    Original soundtrack of the game
    Watch_Dogs map of Chicago
    Set of 4 collectible cards: discover Watch_Dogs iconic characters through augmented reality
    Set of 3 exclusive badges.

Digital Content:

3 single payer missions: almost 60 minutes of additional gameplay

Palace Pack: A police raid is planned on the luxury palace of an Internet mogul. His impressive databanks have intimate details on thousands of people…including Aiden Pearce. Break inside, wipe the hard drives and escape before the raid begins.
    Rewards (Unlocked upon completion of the ULC mission)

INVESTIGATION BONUS: Unlock more investigative opportunities inside the network databanks.

ATM HACK BOOST: Boost your cash rewards when hacking bank

Signature Shot: A biometrics weapon has been smuggled into Chicago for a captain of the Black Viceroys gang. The weapon only works with the first person who holds the gun.
    Breach a stronghold, steal the package and be the first to hold the weapon.
    Rewards (Unlocked upon completion of the ULC mission):

BLACK VICEROYS GANG COLOURS OUTFIT
    BIOMETRIC ASSAULT RIFLE

Breakthrough Pack: A secret gathering is underway. The Chicago Club is negotiating power with Corporate CEOs. The Club has hired scramblers to block surveillance devices. Drive around the city to find the scramblers and take them out. Retrieve all names from the meeting and upload their images to the world.

VEHICLE EXPERT PERK: Get free vehicles from your Underground Car Contact and earn discounts on select cars.
  • GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks

PS3 for me, doubt I will have a PS4 by then.
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PC here :)

IDK, Ubisoft games have terrible HUDs for PC I think, they have way too much on-screen clutter for my liking.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gormond wrote: »

Same for me

I may buy a ps4 next year sometime
  • PhoenixRisesPhoenixRises Posts: 2,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Physical Content:
    A 23cm Aiden Pearce Figurine

Steelboook

DEDSEC Collector box
    Watch_Dogs Artbook: artworks and illustrations that inspired the game
    Original soundtrack of the game
    Watch_Dogs map of Chicago
    Set of 4 collectible cards: discover Watch_Dogs iconic characters through augmented reality
    Set of 3 exclusive badges.

Digital Content:

3 single payer missions: almost 60 minutes of additional gameplay

Palace Pack: A police raid is planned on the luxury palace of an Internet mogul. His impressive databanks have intimate details on thousands of people…including Aiden Pearce. Break inside, wipe the hard drives and escape before the raid begins.

INVESTIGATION BONUS: Unlock more investigative opportunities inside the network databanks.

ATM HACK BOOST: Boost your cash rewards when hacking bank

Signature Shot: A biometrics weapon has been smuggled into Chicago for a captain of the Black Viceroys gang. The weapon only works with the first person who holds the gun.
    Breach a stronghold, steal the package and be the first to hold the weapon.
    Rewards (Unlocked upon completion of the ULC mission):

BLACK VICEROYS GANG COLOURS OUTFIT
    BIOMETRIC ASSAULT RIFLE

Breakthrough Pack: A secret gathering is underway. The Chicago Club is negotiating power with Corporate CEOs. The Club has hired scramblers to block surveillance devices. Drive around the city to find the scramblers and take them out. Retrieve all names from the meeting and upload their images to the world.

VEHICLE EXPERT PERK: Get free vehicles from your Underground Car Contact and earn discounts on select cars.

Thanks doesn't look like anything worth double the price and that digital content (60 minutes gameplay) looks to be on the other versions too so it is the figurine books and cards that make this edition different.

But thanks for the information.
    Gormond wrote: »

Curious do you keep games or sell them once you are done?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any idea when we will get the playable demo's
  • OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    I hope this lives up to it's potential & doesn't end up a boring modern day Assassins Creed
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    30FPS confirmed for both Xbox one and PS4. You'd think that 60FPS and 1080P would be the standard for next gen consoles.
    Forum Member
    Had been hoping to see more footage of this game and all the different things that can be done but it always seems to be the same demo that's doing the rounds
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    30 fps is horrible, that's consoles for you.
  • jim_ukjim_uk Posts: 13,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    30FPS confirmed for both Xbox one and PS4. You'd think that 60FPS and 1080P would be the standard for next gen consoles.

I'm not surprised, they spent the last generation sacrificing frames for eye candy, I don't expect that to change.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jim_uk wrote: »
    I'm not surprised, they spent the last generation sacrificing frames for eye candy, I don't expect that to change.

well yeah but 8 years on you'd expect that to have changed for next gen but nope, same old crap. These next gen consoles are becoming a joke.
  • ags_ruleags_rule Posts: 19,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    30 fps is horrible, that's consoles for you.

Nobody ever complains about it though. Yes, there is a difference if you put them side-by-side, but some people act as though 30fps is awful. 60fps is better, of course, but 30fps is more than adequate for most gaming needs.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ags_rule wrote: »
    Nobody ever complains about it though. Yes, there is a difference if you put them side-by-side, but some people act as though 30fps is awful. 60fps is better, of course, but 30fps is more than adequate for most gaming needs.

It is bearable on certain games, but 30 fps is unplayable on first person shooters for example, but to be fair Watch Dogs will be fine at 30 fps but it is not the future that's for sure it's just not smooth enough.

30 to 40 is a huge difference never mind 60 I could never play at 30 fps, but hey that's just me, the last time I did was with GTA 4 on PC as the port was so bad, I'm that kind of gamer who plays with fraps open 24/7 making notes on when the fps drops and increases but it doesn't take away the fun :)

Once around 50 fps it's hard to tell with the human eye anyway that could be the benchmark for consoles.
    Forum Member
    The 360 version will be over 2 discs and require an install
  • SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OMTT wrote: »
    The 360 version will be over 2 discs and require an install

I read the WiiU version also comes on 2 disks but it's gotta be a misprint cause the WiiU uses bluray disks! :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SimonB79 wrote: »
    I read the WiiU version also comes on 2 disks but it's gotta be a misprint cause the WiiU uses bluray disks! :confused:

You will buy it Simon? that is good to hear :)