Publisher of 2000AD buys the rights to Roy of the Rovers and other Fleetway comics

Comments

• Bob PaisleyBob Paisley Posts: 3,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Verence wrote: »

I'd be interested to see which other characters Rebellion has bought - apart from Roy of the Rovers. I can't see Roy Race appearing in 2000AD (unless he's reinterpreted in some way). Nor can I imagine Rebellion would launch a new Roy of the Rovers title. But perhaps there are other characters that might reappear?
  • Fairyprincess0Fairyprincess0 Posts: 30,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any chance of an archive of old fleetway comics on comicology. If i can really download old beanos, id make do with old wizzer and chips.....
  • silentNatesilentNate Posts: 84,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope some of the old Tiger, Star Lord and Battle strips are turned into graphic novels. I'd reread some of that for old times sake :blush:

I have a copy of Who Shot Roy Race in German somewhere... bought it on my holibobs as a child! :o
  • mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    silentNate wrote: »
    I hope some of the old Tiger, Star Lord and Battle strips are turned into graphic novels. I'd reread some of that for old times sake :blush:

I have a copy of Who Shot Roy Race in German somewhere... bought it on my holibobs as a child! :o

Wow, I'd forgotten about Star Lord! Also forgot that Strontium Dog originated in that before 2000ad got it...

Just found this site, too:
    http://www.starlordcomic.com/ :D

Anyway, roll on collected editions of Oink! :D
  • silentNatesilentNate Posts: 84,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the link mred2000, shame that the cheap paper IPC used hasn't aged that well as the scans really don't do the terrific artwork and it's detail justice...

http://www.starlordcomic.com/html/by_strip_002_05_mind.html

My collection of 2000AD are just as bad, if not worse!! :(:cry:
  • JAS84JAS84 Posts: 7,430
    Forum Member
    Any chance of an archive of old fleetway comics on comicology. If i can really download old beanos, id make do with old wizzer and chips.....
    mred2000 wrote: »
    Anyway, roll on collected editions of Oink! :D
    The Beano is published by DC Thomson, not Rebellion. Oink also can't be collected, as most of the strips were creator owned.