Cannot understand how Christopher has survived this long!

Comments

• ribtickleribtickle Posts: 6,361
    Forum Member
    I'm not convinced the wider public love him. This, as often happens in the X Factor, will at least partly be a false popularity brought about by repeat dialing votes. I mainly blame those damned Diddymen.

This is what happens when Cowell continues to be greedy for phone money, so won't do anything about the cheat of multiple voting. You'd think he'd have learned by now that having a false winner simply causes the 'winners' album to fail, losing him money that way and turning the show into a joke. People don't download or rush out and buy 10 copies to match their 10 votes.

As someone else has suggested, the age demograph might affect things too. The recession must have some effect on these things, and possibly the older generations, with more security/disposable income/savings, continue to vote, so the guy who belongs in a musical does better than expected.

There's not that many votes cast across an entire series anyway. Less than 20 million, and 80% of that is in the Final. In American Idol (granted the country has 4 times the population) they can have 35 million (free) votes in an episode drawing 15-20 million viewers. In the UK the pre-Final viewing figures might see less than 1% of those said to be tuning in deciding who goes home, when for all we know 10% of those who didn't vote really liked the eliminated act (and when they're gone, some of them might switch off, grumbling that the whole thing is a farce).

Having a potential winner like Christopher will seal X Factor's fate. There will also be people who want him to win to make that happen, believing they are punishing Cowell, with Christopher as the VFTW act - I'd say he was the knowing joke act all along, the least marketable 'stinker'. Christopher is the Orange Against The Machine!

I cannot believe for a single second that Christopher is widely liked across the whole country and in all ages. I just don't buy it.
  • BlueStreakBlueStreak Posts: 11,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hitnmix wrote: »
    lol i wish then maybe i would be able to win the lottery. :)

But no its just some common sense,

People voted to get him back on the show, Them same people have had him almost topping the votes from week one ( from what we are told) So they are not going to give up now he almost at the final.

So all the something strange is going on is just silly.imo.

Oh, I don't know why he's still there........all I know is, the silly twerp is :cry:

I can't be bothered to even think of the reasons why folk vote for him other than they actually like him. I don't actually care who wins, I don't really think any of them are up to much.

:)
  • Skip65Skip65 Posts: 1,533
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rbdcay wrote: »
    Well there is an obvious solution for you and that is to ignore those threads which you seem intent on not doing. I mean this post was clearly going to be critical of Christopher yet you made a concerted effort to come in when you could have lived in blissful ignorance.
    And don't you just enjoy being critical of Chris. You have fantastic morals as a person . To enjoy day in day out to dislike a person like you do. You have one sad life. You must sit there waiting for another Chris hate thread and jump with joy. Alls I can say is I hope you never have to put up with the vile and poison people like you and many many others have great delight in doing to Christopher.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Skip65 wrote: »
    And don't you just enjoy being critical of Chris. You have fantastic morals as a person . To enjoy day in day out to dislike a person like you do. You have one sad life. You must sit there waiting for another Chris hate thread and jump with joy. Alls I can say is I hope you never have to put up with the vile and poison people like you and many many others have great delight in doing to Christopher.

:eek:

Oh dear, that's getting a bit personal towards the poster. Not sure that's abiding by the rules of the forum.

;):)
  • Skip65Skip65 Posts: 1,533
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oxygenjj wrote: »
    Yet again branding the word " hate "

He's the biggest story this year , so he bound to get a lot of threads .
    What other word would you like me to use. It sums up exactly what your post and many others are. Look up a dictionary . Hate. To dislike intensly or passionately . Feel extrem aversion to or extrem hostility toward. I think enough said.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What other word would you like me to use. It sums up exactly what your post and many others are. Look up a dictionary . Hate. To dislike intensly or passionately . Feel extrem aversion to or extrem hostility toward. I think enough said.

Maybe the word dislike would be more appropriate.

The dislike may not equate to intense or passionate dislike therefore 'hate' may not be the right word :rolleyes:

LOL!
  • Love BearLove Bear Posts: 35,754
    Forum Member
    What's not to understand? He has a great voice and despite being stitched up week after week with songs, staging, adverse comments and frankenbite VT's he manages to avoid the bottom two. The powers that be must be pooping themselves!

Go Chris!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 114
    Forum Member
    Love Bear wrote: »
    What's not to understand? He has a great voice and despite being stitched up week after week with songs, staging, adverse comments and frankenbite VT's he manages to avoid the bottom two. The powers that be must be pooping themselves!

Go Chris!

Hallelujah!!

At last someone speaks sense!
  • oxygenjjoxygenjj Posts: 18,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Dislike is the word , sorry you can't understand

For the last time I DONT HATE ANY CONTESTANT
  • Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One word. DEMOCRACY.

Like I keep saying, you either accept it or you don't. The people voted for him and he WILL win this show. The peoples champion.
  • Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chris seems to have had consistant voters all the way through.

But a lot of people wait till the Final to vote. Where will all these 'extra' votes go :confused:

I think more people would vote for James or Jahmene (I expect Union J out next week) than Chris. So we actually might see him end up in third place ;)
  • HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This programme is toast. It is dying on its ar*e.

It will be hilarious if Chris wins it. I hope he does. :)
  • oxygenjjoxygenjj Posts: 18,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Patti-Ann wrote: »
    Chris seems to have had consistant voters all the way through.

But a lot of people wait till the Final to vote. Where will all these 'extra' votes go :confused:

I think more people would vote for James or Jahmene (I expect Union J out next week) than Chris. So we actually might see him end up in third place ;)

Think you could be right :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Heavenly wrote: »
    This programme is toast. It is dying on its ar*e.

It will be hilarious if Chris wins it. I hope he does. :)

I'm beginning to hope he does. I'm fed up hoping he'd go, so may as well give in and go with the flow LOL!

Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BlueStreak wrote: »
    I'm beginning to hope he does. I'm fed up hoping he'd go, so may as well give in and go with the flow LOL!

Yep! :D And see Borelow pretending to be excited his act has won and having to make out that Chris will be the next big thing...come on....that would be comedy gold. :D
  • GaladrielGaladriel Posts: 365
    Forum Member
    Love Bear wrote: »

Go Chris!
    sooty14 wrote: »
    Hallelujah!!

At last someone speaks sense!
    Agreed. It's called having talent!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yep! :D And see Borelow pretending to be excited his act has won and having to make out that Chris will be the next big thing...come on....that would be comedy gold. :D

Nothing more than GB deserves IMO.

He doesn't like his act getting a barrage of harsh comments, but he sure can dish them out himself when the fancy takes him. So for that he deserves Chris to win LOL!

Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing more than GB deserves IMO.

He doesn't like his act getting a barrage of harsh comments, but he sure can dish them out himself when the fancy takes him. So for that he deserves Chris to win LOL!

I remember Borelow saying he was going to be a judge to bring credibility back to the X Factor...I actually had high hopes....until Corcozza......and now Christopher...don't get me wrong, Christopher has a nice voice but for Gary to champion him about having the X Factor...well the show really is a joke now. Last decent series, imo, was Series 5 when Alexandra won it, good judge lineup as well, Simon, Louis, Danni and Cheryl (her 1st year) (before she disappeared up Simon's and her own arse).
  • rbdcayrbdcay Posts: 12,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

There is no arguing with hysteria such as yours so I won't. What I will say is that I actually have not posted on many Christopher "hate" threads as you call them. So you are decidedly wrong. I have never said I "hated" Christopher. I dislike him but you are the one who uses the word hate...maybe it is your own turmoil you are dealing with and projecting your views onto others.

You don't know my life as I don't know yours so I won't castigate it as you have mine. Perhaps a cup of tea and biscuit might help.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There is no arguing with hysteria such as yours so I won't. What I will say is that I actually have not posted on many Christopher "hate" threads as you call them. So you are decidedly wrong. I have never said I "hated" Christopher. I dislike him but you are the one who uses the word hate...maybe it is your own turmoil you are dealing with and projecting your views onto others.

You don't know my life as I don't know yours so I won't castigate it as you have mine. Perhaps a cup of tea and biscuit might help.

Don't mind if I do......white no sugar and a chocolate digestive would be fabulous!!!

Good post by the way.............there seems to be a certain tinge of bitterness from other quarters.......I've noticed it before actually.

Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember Borelow saying he was going to be a judge to bring credibility back to the X Factor...I actually had high hopes....until Corcozza......and now Christopher...don't get me wrong, Christopher has a nice voice but for Gary to champion him about having the X Factor...well the show really is a joke now. Last decent series, imo, was Series 5 when Alexandra won it, good judge lineup as well, Simon, Louis, Danni and Cheryl (her 1st year) (before she disappeared up Simon's and her own arse).

Loved Dannii as a judge.

Oh, it's all gone horribly wrong this year, I can't help but laugh to be honest with you.

Wonder what next year will bring LOL!

Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't mind if I do......white no sugar and a chocolate digestive would be fabulous!!!

Good post by the way.............there seems to be a certain tinge of bitterness from other quarters.......I've noticed it before actually.

I tend to take that with a great grain of salt as it is best to deal with them that way. The amount of hysteria makes me laugh because this forum has seemingly turned into a namby pamby one as of late with these moral crusaders trying to become all Mary Whitehouse.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I tend to take that with a great grain of salt as it is best to deal with them that way. The amount of hysteria makes me laugh because this forum has seemingly turned into a namby pamby one as of late with these moral crusaders trying to become all Mary Whitehouse.

Do you ever enter Appreciation Thread territory?

Hilarious levels of hysteria in there. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I tend not to take things too seriously on here. Lets face it with my choice of Champion to cheer for I'm pretty much in the minority most of the time LOL!

Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do you ever enter Appreciation Thread territory?

Hilarious levels of hysteria in there. :D

I do sometimes. It's a great way to cheer me up on somedays. I don't like to be cynical but I hope I never reach such levels of fandom.