Options

The Wright Stuff Discussion Thread (Part 3)

Comments

• Options
    StrakerStraker Posts: 79,659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    steveh31 wrote: »
    I think a hefty fine will be forthcoming as there seems to be no procedures in place for such an incident occuring, the response of the gallery was none existent and from the clip Matthew made no apology and went to the next caller.

He did apologise but only after (IIRC) he whined about having his lengthy period without such an incident besmirched. The irony of course is that he himself made it twice as bad as it needed to be - Pillock.

Wouldn`t be surprised if that particular Screechy/producer finds the phone rings no longer from Princess Productions.
  • Options
    HowardessexHowardessex Posts: 2,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DVDfever wrote: »
    And the call from this morning ("I f**ked her in the pussy")

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCsCQZl6ay0

What an idiot Wright is , heard it the first time and he asks him to repeat it ! And wants with " go to itv with your friends ?" . Referring to Jeremy Kyle I guess .
  • Options
    Jenny_SawyerJenny_Sawyer Posts: 12,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Both Wright & Worral-Thompson failed to address the main reason for abuse victims not leaving their abusive partners, which surely is MONEY, I guess rich people like them do not understand that normal people have only one home & can't afford a new one.
  • Options
    thomscnthomscn Posts: 892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chesney Hawkes lives in L A and frequently returns to this Country to do gigs, I am shocked and amazed people pay their hard earned money to watch him. I would have had him down living in a caravan and playing the British Legion Saturday and Sunday. I really want to know how he does it :confused:
  • Options
    Jenny_SawyerJenny_Sawyer Posts: 12,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thomscn wrote: »
    Chesney Hawkes lives in L A and frequently returns to this Country to do gigs, I am shocked and amazed people pay their hard earned money to watch him. I would have had him down living in a caravan and playing the British Legion Saturday and Sunday. I really want to know how he does it :confused:

Yes, he was a 'one hit wonder' 23 years ago, mind you The One and Only was a good song.
  • Options
    steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, he was a 'one hit wonder' 23 years ago, mind you The One and Only was a good song.

5 weeks at No.1, he appeared in The Games on Channel 4 and regularly appears on concerts of 90s oldies, he was due to be on Dancing on Ice but was injured, Hit Me Baby One More Time for itv1 and Sing If You Can and Text Santa.
  • Options
    shoppingqueenshoppingqueen Posts: 362
    Forum Member
    in the Guardian today - http://www.theguardian.com/media/2014/aug/20/channel-5-matthew-wright-f-word-outburst

I think they will get away with it, it was an accident on air. I think the show has never actually got in trouble with sanctions has it? but were regulator criticised when they made a joke about the Scottish Highlands murder of the young guy.

However I was really surprised there was nothing in place if this did happen. I am sure at one point there was a ten second delay because there was sometimes a gap in calls or weird edits. In America they just bleep and always have a delay. He did condemn it right away and apologised afterwards. Amusing though :D
  • Options
    omnidirectionalomnidirectional Posts: 18,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tony-w wrote: »
    Probably something to do with this....
    NSFW (contains coarse language)
    http://fhritp.com/about-fhritp/

Yes, that has become a bit of a viral sensation in the US. I expect we'll see more of it over here on live news reports etc.
  • Options
    JeffersonJefferson Posts: 3,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jon Ross wrote: »
    What could you be insinuating? I'm not sure whether you mean suicide or gay marriage tbh. :confused:

It was in connection with the Frank Maloney case.

Let's hope Frank is now allowed to live his life away from the glare of the awful media.
  • Options
    2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member

Yes, and Nik Kershaw was the brains behind that, writing it and doing all of the backing vocals ;)
  • Options
    Bulletguy1Bulletguy1 Posts: 18,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Straker wrote: »
    That was the funniest thing I`ve seen in ages - Wrighty asking the caller to repeat "...and I ****ed her pussy". I thought he was doing a Bill Grundy and encouraging him by asking him to repeat it! :D
    Funniest for me was the bib, a term i look on as American rather than British.

Whatever happened to the good old C word? :confused:
    After all we are British.....aren't we? Maybe not so much now. :confused:
  • Options
    suesuesuesuesuesue Posts: 16,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bulletguy1 wrote: »
    Funniest for me was the bib, a term i look on as American rather than British.

Whatever happened to the good old C word? :confused:
    After all we are British.....aren't we? Maybe not so much now. :confused:
    I say Bullet what is the country coming to if standards slip and the good old Anglo Saxon C word is replaced by an Americanism :p
  • Options
    DVDfeverDVDfever Posts: 18,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jon Ross wrote: »
    Not put up by The Wright Stuff themselves, funnily enough, unlike a previous embarrassing moment for Wrighty:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fa_JpJJSFMA

TWStuff isn't Wright Stuff themselves. I used to upload stuff there but they turned into bastards and auto-blocked anything that I uploaded, so I haven't bothered since (and the talking points turned to shit around then as well). This was the first clip I've uploaded since then. I thought it might get auto-blocked as C5 and C4 do that with a lot of stuff, but it hasn't been.
    The questions the regulators will ask here:

1) Why was there no delay on the show when it is allowing live unknown callers on air.

There's some sort of delay. You can tell when people leave their TV on, so why did they use it, is more the point.
    2) Why, if the crew member shouted "no,no, no" didn't someone in the gallery cut the call.

That didn't come until the caller had already said it a second time, by a split second. Someone should be paying attention, though, during the calls. Then again, their line quality is abysmal.
  • Options
    Bulletguy1Bulletguy1 Posts: 18,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    suesuesue wrote: »
    I say Bullet what is the country coming to if standards slip and the good old Anglo Saxon C word is replaced by an Americanism :p
    In my opinion it's an absolute disgrace and abomination of our great language. I put it down to a number of issues actually which have had a detrimental effect on the English language.

Mobile phone texting, Twitter, national news incapable of basic English composition and grammar, not to mention the inane 'one liner' crass posting you often read in forums particularly on this thread in reference to programmes which often read thus; "on now anyone watching?" and "OMG" etc.

Yes the Amercanisation of Great Britain is as good as complete now. Nothing to be proud of as they are not exactly the brightest sparks on the planet.

I'm just amazed that phone caller fool didn't preface his crude remark with "i ate her pussy then....".

Apparently Americans perform cunnilingus via partial cannibalism first.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    That woman who was in Casualty is beyond annoying. She's so awful she will probably be offered a place on Loose Women.

I can't even pinpoint why she annoys me. She just does! >:(
  • Options
    james_W85james_W85 Posts: 4,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    plymgary wrote: »
    That woman who was in Casualty is beyond annoying. She's so awful she will probably be offered a place on Loose Women.

I agree she has now made switch off
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 194
    Forum Member
    I was looking forward to seeing William fichtner today, but that Rebecca was so annoying today, so I gave up during the paper review.
  • Options
    StrakerStraker Posts: 79,659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It`s that forced laugh she does. Very annoying.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    It`s that forced laugh she does. Very annoying.

I had to turn it off. Seems like I wasn't the only one.
  • Options
    cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

She tries way too hard to be funny and cute - she is neither.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,056
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The questions the regulators will ask here:

1) Why was there no delay on the show when it is allowing live unknown callers on air.
    2) Why, if the crew member shouted "no,no, no" didn't someone in the gallery cut the call.
    3) Why was there no immediate apology from Matthew"
    4) What did the programme do after the incident to address the incident and was enough done and what can the programme do in the future"

I think a hefty fine will be forthcoming as there seems to be no procedures in place for such an incident occuring, the response of the gallery was none existent and from the clip Matthew made no apology and went to the next caller.

Surely in this situation a commercial break would have been an idea to allow a pause and for the studio to get itself together.

1) as far as I know there's never been a delay, on this or in many other shows that take calls, including radio shows. I think BB has it, for obvious reasons (much more likely to get swearing etc).

2) I didn't hear anyone shouting, I didn't quite hear it myself first time I have to say! Given the number of times I've heard MW ask a caller I heard clearly on my telly to repeat themselves, I get the impression it might be harder for ppl in the studio to hear the calls than it it for us

3) did they not apologise at the end of the part? And then again yesterday morning?

4) you'd have to ask them I guess, but they said yesterday the guy's number had been passed to their legal team, lol!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wouldn`t be surprised if that particular Screechy/producer finds the phone rings no longer from Princess Productions.

I'd be surprised if anyone at all has got into much trouble over it. Wouldn't exactly be fair on them would it?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DVDfever wrote: »
    There's some sort of delay. You can tell when people leave their TV on, so why did they use it, is more the point.

I think that's just the natural delay introduced by the signal leaving their studio, getting to the BT Tower or wherever, being bounced up to a satellite and then back down, or travelling along cables to your tellybox, I don't think it's an artificial delay they've got control over for editing purposes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ag1973 wrote: »
    I was looking forward to seeing William fichtner today, but that Rebecca was so annoying today, so I gave up during the paper review.

Did he even say anything though? He seemed very reluctant to offer so much as a few words of opinion, on anything at all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cavalli wrote: »
    She tries way too hard to be funny and cute - she is neither.

Agreed - some of the things she has come out with this week show a serious lack of critical thinking powers.
This discussion has been closed.