shouldn't sellers be advising of Internet required to play games?

124»

Comments

• OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    This is is good way to advertise! null-7.jpg
  • Banana RamaBanana Rama Posts: 3,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And yet Halo 4 utterly decimates both. The graphics on that game blew me away, not only on a visual level but the game actually has great AI, something Naughty Dog, Polyphony and others compromise to get the "great visuals". It's way more impressive than GOW3/UC series. Have you played it?

That is absolute rubbish, uncharted, god of war, heavy rain are on another level to anything else in this generation of consoles, heavy rain looks absolutely incredible, honestly when i started playing it i felt like i was looking at a ps4 game, having owned both consoles i can honestly say that ps3 is superior in the graphics department, i was actually pretty disappointed with halo 4, the hype around it was crazy but i thought it was pretty meh to be honest, the gameplay is nothing different to previous halo games and it has terrible jaggies too, some of the levels are downright ugly with all the jaggies on the screen, and the last level of halo 4 is really shit, such an anti climax....
  • 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    All I can say is I thoroughly disagree but we each have our own opinions.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 321
    Forum Member
    Archiex wrote: »
    Have just checked out both Amazon and Game, and whilst both go into details regarding live being a requirement, should they not be mentioning that an Internet connection, is also essential, ie a requirement, to play games on the xboxone? It is as u need to log in once a day or lose access to the games.

Mentioning internet access required is pointless. The xbone requires internet connection so they only need to state that the game is for that console.
  • muntamunta Posts: 18,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mentioning internet access required is pointless. The xbone requires internet connection so they only need to state that the game is for that console.

Thats what this thread is about... retailers telling people that internet Is required for the console.
  • ArchiexArchiex Posts: 219
    Forum Member
    munta wrote: »
    Thats what this thread is about... retailers telling people that internet Is required for the console.

What I am on about is that whilst they say internet required, they bundle it with the DLC and Xbox live and all the other Skype type stuff. When they mention the gaming side of things, nothing. I spoke to my brother who works in game and they are not mentioning it when taking pre - orders as its up to the customer to do research before hand.

now I think this is outrageous behaviour. The first two xboxes have not had this time limit on games, in fact no previous games console has, so IMO it is reasonable for the average jo to be unaware of this requirement.

It's like buying a pack of rechargeable batteries but they don't tell u only rechargeable under a new system at a local garage which u have to pay a yearly fee for. I'd be well peeved and quite rightly so. If they don't start making it clearer, the likes of Amazon and Game could have a hard time on their hands, if it sells well that is.
  • gamercraiggamercraig Posts: 6,069
    Forum Member
    Archiex wrote: »
    What I am on about is that whilst they say internet required, they bundle it with the DLC and Xbox live and all the other Skype type stuff. When they mention the gaming side of things, nothing. I spoke to my brother who works in game and they are not mentioning it when taking pre - orders as its up to the customer to do research before hand.

now I think this is outrageous behaviour. The first two xboxes have not had this time limit on games, in fact no previous games console has, so IMO it is reasonable for the average jo to be unaware of this requirement.

It's like buying a pack of rechargeable batteries but they don't tell u only rechargeable under a new system at a local garage which u have to pay a yearly fee for. I'd be well peeved and quite rightly so. If they don't start making it clearer, the likes of Amazon and Game could have a hard time on their hands, if it sells well that is.

I wonder if they are breaching the Sale of Goods Act by deliberately witholding that information?