Options

No programmes in Sky Planner!

PawsaPawsa Posts: 459
Forum Member
A couple of nights ago my Sky+ went into standby mode, it does this every couple of weeks and if it is in the middle of recording something it usually gives the reason of "power cut" for not recording. However this time, after resetting the box and then going into Sky Planner, a message came up to say there were no programmes in there. It also would not record anything either due to a "system fault" and advised me to contact Sky Services.

I had over 60% of recordings which I had yet to view, and also numerous recordings including series links set to record, so I really was hoping that the Sky Planner wasn't really empty. I called Sky and went through the usual rigmarole of resetting the box, and then disconnecting and connecting aerial inputs 1 and 2, all to no avail. The upshot was a full system reset, which cleared the planner anyway, I was gutted!

Does anyone know why this happens please, or is it just one of the mysteries of Sky+? It has only happened once before a few years ago with the same outcome.

Comments

• Options
    stvn758stvn758 Posts: 19,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The botched update emptied mine, but apart from that I never had a planner massacre, My Mum has her's nearly full for a good year or so and it's fine.

Bad luck I guess.:(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 52
    Forum Member
    Just had the same problem this afternoon - 2nd time in 8 weeks:mad:, over the last couple of days i have had the pausing for 9 secs problem - i checked the signal test function and found input 2 signal strength and quality seemed to fluctuate at different times - from about 80% to about 50%, input 1 is 100%. I swapped the input cable but no difference. Then this afternoon i went to planner - and it was wiped and there was no Anytime - had to do a full system reset to get the box working again:mad:

As i said this is the 2nd time this has happened and lost all my recordings again - i am going to tell sky if it happens again i will be canceling all my contracts - sky+, Phone and rental, and broadband.