can someone explain something to me please?

FayecorgasmFayecorgasm Posts: 29,793
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Why is it so important to people to prove that their favourite soap is better/ more popular/gets higher viewing figures?To be honest it reminds me of mothers boasting in the school playground about their offspring.
I like Corrie I watch it because I enjoy it even when its bad there's usually something I enjoy even if its on the company of the rest of the people on the thread ,I dont feel the need to run down Emmerdale or Eastenders or Doctors just because I like Corrie the best and I certainly have no desire to comment on the thread of a programme I actively dislike and don't watch. I just wonder why there seems to be such a competitive edge over soaps.

Comments

• NorfolkBirdNorfolkBird Posts: 2,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watch the big three and enjoy all three and what you say is the single worse thing about this forum and one of the main reasons I don't post here very often.

Why does it always have to be a competition for some people? I'm all up for debate, and we do get some good debate and discussion going from time to time, it lasts a few posts before someone feels the need to turn it into a my soap is better than your soap. Why the need for comparision all the time? The worst culprits are the people who say they don't even watch a soap anymore, but still feel the need to slag it off at any opportunity. It just doesn't make sense to me.
  • MarzBar85MarzBar85 Posts: 15,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think its more the 'younger' generation which tend to do this (and another generalisation I've noticed it coming more from die hard EE fans.) Corrie fans have also done it, but not week in week out.

I've been bought up watching Corrie, I enjoy(ed HO) and Neighbours too. Never look at viewing figures - they don't affect the programme/my views in any way.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 117
    Forum Member
    Im only a teenager and i never do this i think its ridiculous too!

i only watch hollyoaks and eastenders but i never say bad things about corrination street or emmerdale.
  • LeeahLeeah Posts: 20,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MarzBar85 wrote: »
    I think its more the 'younger' generation which tend to do this (and another generalisation I've noticed it coming more from die hard EE fans.) Corrie fans have also done it, but not week in week out.

TBH its both groups, not just one. This is how i mainly see it - a corrie fan disses EE, then a EE fan replies, dissing Corrie and vice versa, it just goes on. Both sides make snide comments about the other soap, to be fair.
  • PickpussPickpuss Posts: 72,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think all soap fans should love one another and stop competing against each other, oh and who cares about viewing figures....not me :)

So to conclude, ALL the Soaps are the best and ALL the soaps are crap argument over :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 117
    Forum Member
    Pickpuss wrote: »
    I think all soap fans should love one another and stop competing against each other, oh and who cares about viewing figures....not me :)

So to conclude, ALL the Soaps are the best and ALL the soaps are crap argument over :D

waaaay i agree!
  • PickpussPickpuss Posts: 72,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    waaaay i agree!

Let's spread the lurve groovy.lou :D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surely they are always doing this because its a forum, and its there for people to have an opinion. I am not suggesting i agree, but a lot of things i disagree with, but the point is its a forum and its there for debate.
  • FayecorgasmFayecorgasm Posts: 29,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sean_brom wrote: »
    Surely they are always doing this because its a forum, and its there for people to have an opinion. I am not suggesting i agree, but a lot of things i disagree with, but the point is its a forum and its there for debate.

Its not debate though its my soap is better than your and your's is shite over and over again
  • GetMeOuttaHereGetMeOuttaHere Posts: 17,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All soaps have there good and bad points. For me, currently EE is tops, followed by Emmerdale, Corrie is lagging behind a little. But none of the soaps could match the humour delivered by Corries's Blanche. EE just don't don't deliver on that front. Then you had Brookie that always broke new ground with their story-lines. I like them all and get something different from each. Long may they ALL live, obviously not Brookie that's long gone unfortunately.

People that want to harp on that their fave is better than your fave are just closed minded IMHO.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because once upon a time we were talking about our soap and then someone from another soap comes in and says something bad about our soap so we obviously retaliated and had a go at their soap and then the feud continued.
  • Alex250PAlex250P Posts: 1,474
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think half the time there are people who only watch one soap and they start to bash the others, I watch all the main three and I have a favourite (EastEnders) but there is no need to start trashing all the others because your opinion is different to somebody else's.