The Sheriffs are coming...11am..BBC1.

Comments

• Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Grouty wrote: »
    Was a repeat today.

Yes I was going to mention that it was a repeat this morning.
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,549
    Forum Member
    That new series went fast :(

I remember that old boy today. He gave me the creeps :blush:
  • Options
    feckitfeckit Posts: 4,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Grouty wrote: »
    Was a repeat today.

This episode was only on last week. Wasn't it?
  • Options
    SexbombSexbomb Posts: 20,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a repeat this, seen these episodes before.
  • Options
    JSemple3JSemple3 Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member
    This is series 2 repeated in order
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,549
    Forum Member
    Why do the people who leave their properties empty leave the electric and gas on?

They seem to leave the property as an easy target for squatters. The pub today still have a beer pump working :o
  • Options
    Evo102Evo102 Posts: 13,630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BellaRosa wrote: »
    Why do the people who leave their properties empty leave the electric and gas on?

They seem to leave the property as an easy target for squatters. The pub today still have a beer pump working :o

The electricity would be on to power the burglar and fire alarms, a requirement of the property insurance no doubt.

Anyway if I recall correctly in season 3, which was on a couple of weeks ago, they had to empty the same pub again after squatters re-occupied it and they had bypassed the electricity meter.
  • Options
    sarahcssarahcs Posts: 8,734
    Forum Member
    Some of these people are too keen to pay up. I like a good argument!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    On these programs I have seen on at least 2 occasions a certain car insurance group that only operate on the telephone being chased for unpaid court orders.
    I had a similar happening when I had my brand new car stolen and they said it was because I had not had a green card for car that I had taken to Spain, when I said that the girl who took my details had asked me if I wanted a green card and I had replied that I didn't think I needed one for EU counties she said no more and then tried to sell me European breakdown cover which I already had and she completed my details and gave me a price which I accepted.
    The guy at the other end said he would have to go and check the recording taken at the time, the next time I spoke to him he said they could not trace the call recording, a recording that had taken place about 3 months previous.
    So after getting The Insurance Ombudsman involved a process that took about a year in total, who said because it was my word against theirs I took them to court after much correspondence between my solicitors, myself and the company and they did not turn up to court who awarded in my favour. They were given so many days to pay which they ignored and the solicitors called in the bailiffs or the sheriffs don't know which and they paid up over £34,000 for a car that cost £23,000 claiming that the wrong department had been dealing with the case. Seems a common excuse.
    The moral of this is when buying car insurance go to a broker face to face and not some inexperienced telephone sales girl/boy
  • Options
    Bulletguy1Bulletguy1 Posts: 18,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sarahcs wrote: »
    Some of these people are too keen to pay up. I like a good argument!
    Best example i ever remember of that was someone they went to over a debt of £45k. I can't remember the business but when they found the 'offices' i thought the same as they probably did.....'we aren't going to get much from this'.

It was a single Portacabin!

One young guy on his own operating from it, and when they walked in with their usual introduction, he just said "oh yea i forgot about it.....errm can i pay on card?" Promptly paid the entire lot off with a Debit Card! :o:o

He was very chatty and friendly too!
  • Options
    gulliverfoylegulliverfoyle Posts: 6,318
    Forum Member
    who buys a car that doesnt run properly on the test drive!

what is wrong we these people
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not a repeat according to the listings and I don't recall seeing the the Frankie Boyle lookalikey fella before.

It's the same run of chancers , crims and the borderline insane, I love it.
  • Options
    CaltonfanCaltonfan Posts: 6,311
    Forum Member
    Sure the Barclays bit has been on before,
  • Options
    SteganStegan Posts: 5,039
    Forum Member
    Just wondering if these are repeats? Today's episode is being repeated again early Tuesday morning 7.35am on BBC 2. Checked the next few for the rest of the week - 2 episodes about braking into a derelict pub which I seem to recall from the last series.
  • Options
    Bulletguy1Bulletguy1 Posts: 18,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stegan wrote: »
    Just wondering if these are repeats? Today's episode is being repeated again early Tuesday morning 7.35am on BBC 2. Checked the next few for the rest of the week - 2 episodes about braking into a derelict pub which I seem to recall from the last series.
    This has to rate among the most repeated shows on television! I've seen some episodes which appear to be 'new', only to find they have been craftily edited with bits from old episodes mixed in. Naturally it would titled "New Series", but after experiencing this a few times i just stopped watching it altogether.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I'm sure ive seen all the episodes, and i hadnt seen any of todays before, so i assume its a new series
  • Options
    JSemple3JSemple3 Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member
    This week all 5 episodes are new (but only 5 this time which is a bit disappointing)
  • Options
    GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Supposed to be new these ones, and Ive not seen these other blokes before.
  • Options
    montyburns56montyburns56 Posts: 2,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I know! I've just bought a second hand car myself and one thing I learned was to just walk away if a car has any problems whatsoever. It made me laugh though how the car dealer did the usual "I'm nothing to do with the previous business" routine!

And the way that Barclays had to have a load of staff each paying off a bit of debt with their credit cards! I hope it was credit cards that they use for expenses etc. and not just their personal ones!
  • Options
    Fixit AgainFixit Again Posts: 1,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Neither of them seemed that bright, he was employed on a non-job and "needed a reliable car to take clients to the seaside".

This is a man who had aspirations to drive a clapped-out Volkswagen Golf.
  • Options
    Fixit AgainFixit Again Posts: 1,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And the way that Barclays had to have a load of staff each paying off a bit of debt with their credit cards! I hope it was credit cards that they use for expenses etc. and not just their personal ones!
    They got bailed-out by the tax payers for £35k! :D
  • Options
    montyburns56montyburns56 Posts: 2,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You do get a feeling of deja vu when watching this show as again we had a pub that had to have squatters evicted twice from the same premises, just like happened in the last series.

And I suspect that crusty may have regretted getting mouthy, especially when his arrest revealed that he had some unpaid fines!
  • Options
    SteganStegan Posts: 5,039
    Forum Member
    You do get a feeling of deja vu when watching this show as again we had a pub that had to have squatters evicted twice from the same premises, just like happened in the last series.

And I suspect that crusty may have regretted getting mouthy, especially when his arrest revealed that he had some unpaid fines!

Yes I remember pub squatters in the last series where they had to go to twice when the squatters returned. They had more of a problem getting in as I recall than with the squatters themselves.. They had even set traps for the sheriffs on that occasion.

This time, one of the squatters was very, very confrontational. I doubt it would be a good idea to pick a fight with Laurence Griggs though!
  • Options
    buttsfifebuttsfife Posts: 1,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Most disappointed that little "Tubby Pete" despite featuring in The Titles was not in any of the episodes.

That "Tommy" who used to be a bit part player seems to have come to the fore and replaced him. :confused:
  • Options
    Ghost MisguidedGhost Misguided Posts: 1,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully Pete will be in it soon.

All the sheriffs seem like good guys too.

One day I'm hoping Laurence will turn up in my area with a high court writ. Obviously Kev will be with him. Great pair.