Council Bans Passion Of The Christ Play Mistaken For Live Sex Show

2»

Comments

• Doctor_WibbleDoctor_Wibble Posts: 26,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Forgetting Julian Alison and his daft decision-making for a moment, I can't understand why the paperwork couldn't have just been rushed through at the last minute or that the police could have been a bit more understanding.
    From the comments below the article it looks like they did get permission on Monday but they had already declared the event cancelled on Saturday. They had a week to appeal or re-apply and get it sorted but just gave up at the first hurdle.

Seems to me they should have had a little faith...
  • ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seems to me they should have had a little faith...

Or, indeed, Passion!
  • dosanjh1dosanjh1 Posts: 8,727
    Forum Member
    You don't need to be a religious expert to know that a passion play, especially one that will be performed over Easter, is about Jesus and the crucifixion.

Julian Alison, if not sacked, should certainly change departments.

I know what a passion play is but Jullian didn't and I bet there are many that don't.

It's not justified to call someone dim or stupid if they don't know. I bet Julian knows very many things that you don't.

I like him, I wish him well.
  • Doctor_WibbleDoctor_Wibble Posts: 26,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If someone didn't know what 'passion play' meant, then surely they should either have asked, or looked it up, and perhaps even wondered why something that they suspected was smutty in some way would require road closures, crowd control measures, riot police, armed guards etc - were they not even the slightest bit curious?

The problem was caused by a combination of ignorance and laziness.
    People making these decisions are expected to know (or have the initiative to find out) stuff like this, otherwise they may as well have a monkey with a rubber stamp flipping a coin.
  • mountymounty Posts: 19,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd rather have watched the sex show version
  • spiney2spiney2 Posts: 27,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    this be angus wilson territory "anglo saxon attitudes" ..........

(novel's title is a quote from Alice in Wonderland .......)
  • spiney2spiney2 Posts: 27,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    .... dont forget The Great Northern Passion on bbc1 tonight (good friday) ........
  • EnglishspinnerEnglishspinner Posts: 6,132
    Forum Member
    Shrike wrote: »
    Or, indeed, Passion!

The church militant isn't what it was.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The article implies that Julian is accepting responsibility on behalf of a junior female colleague.

If so, THAT'S leadership, right there!