Options

Deep Breath standalone DVD and Blu-ray released September 8th

tiggerpoohtiggerpooh Posts: 4,182
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I don't know how many of you know this, but the feature-length opener, Deep Breath, is to be released as a standalone DVD and Blu-ray on September 8th. There is not only going to be the story, but over 30 mins of extra features will be included too.

No wonder the BBC have decided to do this. What with the recent leaks that have happened.

I shall be getting this, as it will be over two months after that, before the complete S8 box set is released.

http://i1.wp.com/www.kasterborous.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/2014/08/deepbreath_dvd.jpg

:)

Comments

• Options
    HappyTruckerHappyTrucker Posts: 534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tiggerpooh wrote: »
    ...I shall be getting this, as it will be over two months after that, before the complete S8 box set is released.

http://i1.wp.com/www.kasterborous.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/2014/08/deepbreath_dvd.jpg

:)

And no doubt, these extra features won't make it onto the box set version, just so people have to buy twice. Unless you get the US version that'll probably have 12 hours of extras.

Cynical? Me? Never :D
  • Options
    bennythedipbennythedip Posts: 2,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't see the point in it when the complete s8 set is out in November. If they want to release something why not the underwater menace?
  • Options
    grazey1985grazey1985 Posts: 1,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can see the logic behind releasing this. Its a 75 minute episode (we have had shorter EPs get stand alone releases) and its being shown in cinemas. BBC ww are giving people the chance to relive the debut and give newbies a chance to buy the episode without having to fork out for the more expensive complete series.
  • Options
    Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    I get the logic behind it's release too but I'm waiting for the Series 8 DVD in November though.
  • Options
    radcliffe95radcliffe95 Posts: 4,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Talk about milking your audience for all you can get....
  • Options
    GDKGDK Posts: 9,478
    Forum Member
    Talk about milking your audience for all you can get....

Well, I sympathise, but OTOH:

No-one forces people to buy it.
    It meets the needs of those who only want this story.
    It meets the needs of those who are impatient.
    Very few will buy this without realising there's a full season release to follow.

Now, it would be a different matter if it's not exactly the same as the version that will be in the season 8 boxed set. which is still a possibility. :)
  • Options
    ocavocav Posts: 2,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will this be a US only release though? The DVD cover says "As Seen on BBC America"
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 72
    Forum Member
    Nope, available in UK too
  • Options
    AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    I'm just hoping that this isn't the end of the vanilla releases. I've collected them individually over time as I've never really cared about DVD extras and it looks a lot more consistent on the shelf.
    I've always bought the individual volumes or parts and I hope I'll still have that option. That being said I still haven't bought Series 7: Part 2 or The Time of the Doctor. My DW DVD purchases really started slacking.