Options

British hostage - beheaded?

Comments

• Options
    U96U96 Posts: 13,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tom_Tit wrote: »
    People have laughed and said I talk bollocks when I've mentioned it before. But the truth is we are heading for carnage here where extremists will attack us and people will retaliate.

Imagine the UK was to be split into three sections. one muslms, another containing non muslims only and the other containing a mix of the two.. I'd sure as hell know which I'd rather be in.

I keep on having flashbacks to the Lee Rigby murder.Watching that Muslim black guy with the knife in his blood soaked hand.Ranting and raving as people walked past him.
    I knew that day, that something had gone horribly wrong with this country.
    I felt sick and angry that things had fallen to such a state in this once proud nation of ours.
  • Options
    Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ads wrote: »
    Both have some very non modern laws on female equality and homosexuality mind

Yes and I also used the word almost in my post.

And having money does not mean the country is not a shithole the culture of the place does - just look at Saudi Arabia.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think airstrikes are enough to defeat these cowards .

We need coalition Special Forces on the ground and take the fight to them .

Kick over the rocks they hide under and shoot them all
  • Options
    Flat MattFlat Matt Posts: 7,023
    Forum Member
    Limited contact exactly *sigh* . Do we really have to have the "some Muslims are good some are bad chat " :confused:

As I said, every Muslim I have known has put their religion before everything else.

It's not a case of some Muslims being good or bad; it's a case of Islam being incompatible with western values.

In case you hadn't noticed, almost every Islamic country on the planet is a backward, medieval shithole.
  • Options
    jesayajesaya Posts: 35,597
    Forum Member
    U96 wrote: »
    Strange how you never see Pakistanis at Remembrance Day ceremonies or repatriation of our dead servicemen.

Don't you? There was an Imam at the one I attended. Apart from the fact that there are Muslims in the army now, millions of Indian troops, including troops from what is now Pakistan, fought in both World Wars - including in Europe where thousands died in the trenches alongside British troops - a third of them were Muslims. In WW2 the Indian army was the biggest volunteer force in history - over 2.5 million troops. I dare say some of the people who moved to the UK as immigrants were among them.
  • Options
    BastardBeaverBastardBeaver Posts: 11,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    steveh31 wrote: »
    Yes but that is because Brunei has adopted Sharia law but they are not dirty shitholes they are modern countries even though the laws may not be.

Oh well.. When you put it like that... Get me my passport, I can't wait to go.
  • Options
    steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some bloke on CNN is saying Obama should goto congress and ask for permission to use force.

You see what issues Cameron and Obama have in trying to do anything.
  • Options
    SupercellSupercell Posts: 5,079
    Forum Member
    This has already been explained they were not killed at same time.

Ah right must have missed that, do you have any links to articles?
  • Options
    KIIS102KIIS102 Posts: 8,539
    Forum Member
    I feel bad for the family of the people who have died but I also feel horrible for David Cameron, talk about having the world on your shoulders. He's in a no win situation but if we start dropping bombs, all major political parties need to be on the same side.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh well.. When you put it like that... Get me my passport, I can't wait to go.

I was responding to the comment they were shitholes implying they were just countries where people live under rocks and were dirty places.

Of course Brunei is wrong to adopt Sharia Law and use stoning and amputation on people for their sexuality and sex.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    skp20040 wrote: »
    A minority of Muslims have done that, most Muslims are not the power hungry money hungry animals we see in terrorist groups. The sad problem is not enough of the good Muslims speak out against it , so some people assume they are all the same when many either do not want to get involved or are scared to raise the head above the parapet, but they need to .

Moving on to the main story, my thoughts go to this poor man who must have been in a living hell, and his family for who this is awful, it is terrible for any parent to lose a child but for it to happen like this , by terrorists who glory in it I cannot imagine how they feel, my deepest sympathy goes to them and his friends

Do you really believe that Islam is compatible with western values?

Have a think about the Islamic countries around the world before you answer that question.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Supercell wrote: »
    Ah right must have missed that, do you have any links to articles?

Sotloff had facial hair when he was executed in the previous video he was clean shaven.
  • Options
    hansuehansue Posts: 14,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KIIS102 wrote: »
    I feel bad for the family of the people who have died but I also feel horrible for David Cameron, talk about having the world on your shoulders. He's in a no win situation but if we start dropping bombs, all major political parties need to be on the same side.

Yes. I wouldnt like to be in his shoes. People are all too ready to criticise but hes got alot to deal with.
  • Options
    croftercrofter Posts: 2,976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I imagine that's a lot easier to say when you're not the person held hostage. Obviously I don't know but I imagine your feelings/reaction may be changed faced with the reality of the situation.

If they are being subjected to mock executions and torture on a daily basis I would imagine you eventually become at peace with yourself and accept you are going to die. They possibly just want their suffering to be over as quickly as possible ...
  • Options
    SupercellSupercell Posts: 5,079
    Forum Member
    Sotloff had facial hair when he was executed in the previous video he was clean shaven.

Ok, thanks, makes you think there is a chance special forces still might be able to find them then.
  • Options
    EraserheadEraserhead Posts: 22,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes and I also used the word almost in my post.

And having money does not mean the country is not a shithole the culture of the place does - just look at Saudi Arabia.

Or Dubai. The place is hardly a shithole - the streets are practically paved with gold - but you couldn't pay me to live there.
  • Options
    Danny_SilverDanny_Silver Posts: 902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have they said what they are going to buy if we give them the money?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ads wrote: »
    A lot of Muslims in the US are very well integrated, but immigrants have always been encouraged to be very pro America after moving there.

And that's where we've went wrong.We left them to their own cultures and beliefs.
    It's a shame what's happened in this country.More than ever the divide between Pakistani and British beliefs and values is plain for everyone to see.
    Shop a terrorist in your community?.It's not happening I'm afraid.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have they said what they are going to buy if we give it to them the money?

More hostages from Syria.
  • Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,990
    Forum Member
    KIIS102 wrote: »

I can't imagine it's easy hearing one of your citizens blame you for his disgusting and brutal murder regardless of whether he was forced to say it or not.

I'm sure all parties will be in agreement on this too. I wouldn't want to be in his position. No matter what he does, somebody somewhere will be criticising the government for the choices they make.
  • Options
    BastardBeaverBastardBeaver Posts: 11,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't think it was about money, I thought it was about the US air strikes? Bad BBC reporting?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    U96 wrote: »
    And that's where we've went wrong.We left them to their own cultures and beliefs.
    It's a shame what's happened in this country.More than ever the divide between Pakistani and British beliefs and values is plain for everyone to see.
    Shop a terrorist in your community?.It's not happening I'm afraid.

You can add Islamic faith schools filling children's heads with hateful crap to that.
  • Options
    SemieroticSemierotic Posts: 11,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll say one thing - this does go to show the power of the video. These three(+?) executions will single-handedly push us into war. If it we were just reading about Kurds being killed nothing would have happened.
  • Options
    Tom_TitTom_Tit Posts: 6,336
    Forum Member
    And a society where anybody who dares speak out is labelled as racist.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jesaya wrote: »
    Don't you? There was an Imam at the one I attended. Apart from the fact that there are Muslims in the army now, millions of Indian troops, including troops from what is now Pakistan, fought in both World Wars - including in Europe where thousands died in the trenches alongside British troops - a third of them were Muslims. In WW2 the Indian army was the biggest volunteer force in history - over 2.5 million troops. I dare say some of the people who moved to the UK as immigrants were among them.

Forget the past.This is the here and now.
    I'm not referring to Indians.They don't want to kill us.I'm talking about Pakistanis,Somalians,Nigerians,Tunisians,Morrocans etc.
    Pakistani leaders in this country talk about trying to stop their flock from becoming radicalised.They mean well.But the hatred is there.It'll never leave them.Especially the younger people.They are British by birth.But they have none of our core values.