FlashForward season 1 - Five pace - No spoliers

Blake ConnollyBlake Connolly Posts: 9,509
Forum Member
Well, someone had to start it! :)

Really looking forward to tonight.

Usual stuff: This thread is for discussing the show at UK pace, so no spoilers!

Comments

• koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is Flashforward on tonight?

I haven't heard anything about it. You would have thought that Five would have told us about this show by now.

<Shrug>
  • PriapusPriapus Posts: 1,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is Flashforward on tonight?

I haven't heard anything about it. You would have thought that Five would have told us about this show by now.

<Shrug>

they've been heavily advertising it

I am looking forwards to it
    it looks awesome
  • berncolberncol Posts: 591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If it proves to be successful, will Sky snap it up?
  • BesterBester Posts: 9,698
    Forum Member
    Five already beat Sky to the show. Although, I'd imagine if it turns into Lost 'successful' then they'll probably have a more concerted crack at it again in the future.

Watched this on Friday, and will be watching the Five airing tonight. Great premiere, I'll be back to discuss it later!
  • starman700starman700 Posts: 3,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whats this show about not seen no adverts at all?
    Forum Member
    Everyone in the world blacks out at the same time for a couple of minutes and has a flash of their future 6 months forward.
  • starman700starman700 Posts: 3,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ta ;) i think i black out everytime they show the adverts
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    OMG they were even using The Wright Stuff as an excuse to advertise it. Using it to talk about going to see someone to predict your future. :rolleyes: Five really are over doing it.
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    starman700 wrote: »
    Whats this show about not seen no adverts at all?

The Five trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBeNutB7hho
  • Victim Of FateVictim Of Fate Posts: 5,157
    Forum Member
    OMG they were even using The Wright Stuff as an excuse to advertise it. Using it to talk about going to see someone to predict your future. :rolleyes: Five really are over doing it.

How so? This is obviously a major acquisition for them, and it's a show that they're obviously very proud of airing. In what sense are they overdoing it?
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i watched the pilot 6 months ago when i blacked out

looking forward to it tonight
    Forum Member
    whedon247 wrote: »
    i watched the pilot 6 months ago when i blacked out

:D

That's very good.
  • Blake ConnollyBlake Connolly Posts: 9,509
    Forum Member
    Apologies for the typo in the thread title. Me = idiot. :o
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 10,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's already looks good to me because it acknowledges that everyone passing out is a very dangerous thing to happen, leading to cars and planes causing wholesale death and destruction.

Unlike, for example, the BBCs Survivors where everyone managed to pull over neatly into a lay-by before they died :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    (deleted - wrong thread)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23
    Forum Member
    I quite like the fact that they are advertising it as being from the 'genius David S Goyer'

Who also wrote the so bad it's good, oh no, it's still bad - Nick Fury, Agent Of Shield movie (featuring the Hoff)...
    Forum Member
    Let's hope it's third time lucky after Threshold and Blade: The Series..... :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 489
    Forum Member
    Saw this the other night and am going to stick with it and see how it pans out. My brother reckons this is going to end up being like LOST, and if it does go in that direction, I probably won't carry on watching it as I just did not get/like LOST.

Fingers crossed it ends up being a good TV Series, although will it really top Prison Break and 24 (IMO the best so far).
    Forum Member
    If it doesn't outstay its welcome after one season then it's topped Prison Break already IMO.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    OMG and now they've just mentioned it on the Five News. Are they so scared no one will watch that they have to mention it on every show?

Did they mention it during Neighbours or Home and Away?

It's just a tv show fgs.
  • PriapusPriapus Posts: 1,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kezz360 wrote: »
    Saw this the other night and am going to stick with it and see how it pans out. My brother reckons this is going to end up being like LOST, and if it does go in that direction, I probably won't carry on watching it as I just did not get/like LOST.

Fingers crossed it ends up being a good TV Series, although will it really top Prison Break and 24 (IMO the best so far).

Lost is excellent
    Prison Break got cancelled and was bad from before the end of the first season and 24 is over-hyped
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Priapus wrote: »
    Lost is excellent
    Prison Break got cancelled and was bad from before the end of the first season and 24 is over-hyped

A good summary.

Lost (despite its faults - much of seasons 2 and 3) is the most significant TV show of the last 10 years and constantly redefines what a weekly TV drama can do.

Prison break was a decent idea which just went on for too long and which should have been cancelled or brought to a conclusion long before it was. 24 is mindless fun and instantly forgettable. It had a ground breaking format - but 2 or 3 seasons were enough.

Only time will tell where FlashForward belongs.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Priapus wrote: »
    Lost is excellent

8 seasons, ratings still huge, thats some seriously good over hyping....

really looking forward to this tonight, for those that hav'nt seen the adverts....where have you been they are everywhere...
    Forum Member
    8 seasons, ratings still huge, thats some seriously good over hyping...

You've fallen into the classic trap of equating ratings with quality.

One of the most popular TV shows anytime, anywhere, is Baywatch. Other than for reasons of titilation, I don't think anyone would say that it's a great show.

That particular ratings game will yield only one winner; reality cr@p beats quality drama almost every time....
  • garyessexgaryessex Posts: 9,083
    Forum Member
    I cant believe this is defined as "cult" after only 1 episode.

Looking foward to it though