Top Gear

Comments

• Kris77Kris77 Posts: 240
    Forum Member
    From what I was reading earlier today, it is saying it is going to be shown in Jan 2015. Bit later than usual, would have thought it would have been around Autumn time
  • ukbadgeukbadge Posts: 363
    Forum Member
    We will have to wait until after the X Factor finishes before TG returns.
  • bryemycazbryemycaz Posts: 11,735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

If true the show's viewing figures would plummet. As much as he is hated by many the fact is the 3 of them make the show without one it would not work.
  • lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bryemycaz wrote: »
    If true the show's viewing figures would plummet. As much as he is hated by many the fact is the 3 of them make the show without one it would not work.

He could do the job and I don't think he is as hated as some seem to think or he would not be so successful. But if the BBC got rid of Jeremy Clarkson then I cannot imagine the other two staying with the programme and the programme would end, so losing the BBC many millions of pounds.
  • Heston VestonHeston Veston Posts: 6,478
    Forum Member
  • CELT1987CELT1987 Posts: 12,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cant stand Evans. Clarkson has his faults but I would rather watch him then Evans. No way will Top Gear survive without Ckarkson. May and Hammond would quit.
  • mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another shot in the Mirror's vendetta against Clarkson (no, they don't seem to like him).

Seeing as Evans has totally refuted this "story", I would be amazed if there was anything in it

And at the end of May, this was reported:
    ‘There is no question of Jeremy’s deal not being renewed,’ a source told the paper. ‘It is being worked on right now. The top executives want him signed up as soon as possible.’

A show insider added: ‘Jeremy is loved by Top Gear viewers, not just in Britain but across the world.

‘There is absolutely no way that there are any plans for the show to go on without him so the BBC got in early to make sure he stays.
    http://metro.co.uk/2014/05/25/jeremy-clarkson-set-to-sign-new-12m-bbc-deal-despite-recent-racism-row-4739362/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lundavra wrote: »
    But if the BBC got rid of Jeremy Clarkson then I cannot imagine the other two staying with the programme and the programme would end, so losing the BBC many millions of pounds.
    Correct, there is no way that Hammond & May would stay, and even if they did then Top Gear would be as different from Top Gear of old as today's New Tricks (without James Bolam, Alun Armstrong and Amanda Redman) is from the New Tricks of several years ago. The show would wither on the vine (and yes, I know that there will be some who would be happy to see that happen, but that would not address the many more who do watch and enjoy TG as it currently exists)
  • chandlerpchandlerp Posts: 4,924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If any were to go, I would hope it would be Hammond as I can't bear him.
  • davejc64davejc64 Posts: 6,077
    Forum Member
    One thing to remember is that that boring tw@ Piers Morgan used to be editor of the mirror and probably still has friends there and that is why they hate Jeremy Clarkson because he is more popular and successful than Morgan could ever hope to be so their hatred is based on nothing more than envy and jealousy!
  • NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As has been said, Chris Evans has said that although he would love to host Top Gear because he loves it so much, there is absolutely no truth in this story whatsoever.

I agree with the above, firstly I don’t think the BBC would ever consider axing Clarkson, and if they did it would be the end of Top Gear (on the BBC at least) as the other presenters wouldn’t continue without him.
  • WoodentopWoodentop Posts: 3,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It only came back because of Clarkson and is now about the 3 of them. If there was any attempt to change any of them, the embedded viewers and or fans would disappear once more, as would the show.
  • chandlerpchandlerp Posts: 4,924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    not if Hammond left.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chandlerp wrote: »
    not if Hammond left.

For you, maybe.

For others? Open to question.
  • Heston VestonHeston Veston Posts: 6,478
    Forum Member
    I'd hate it if any one of Foggy, Compo or Clegg left. Whoops sorry, wrong series...or is it?!?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From The Mirror today:
    Jeremy Clarkson has slammed speculation that he is about to be sacked from Top Gear following his recent racism controversies.

The 54-year-old revealed that a new series will start early next year - fronted by him.

Writing in the latest issue of Top Gear magazine he said: “There has been a lot of stuff in the newspapers recently about the future of Top Gear.

“Some seem to think there isn’t one. But I can assure you, there is. There are also those who think I won’t be part of it.

“Well, sorry, But I am. Unless I am eaten by a pack of wild dogs before the next series starts early next year.”
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/jeremy-clarkson-slams-speculation-sacked-4198969

:)
  • nazzacnazzac Posts: 20
    Forum Member
    I don't think they can be a Top Gear without Jeremy Clarkson
  • CELT1987CELT1987 Posts: 12,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mossy2103 wrote: »
    The wild dogs being the media....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CELT1987 wrote: »
    The wild dogs being the media....

he's already seen them off. :D
  • DogmatixDogmatix Posts: 2,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to reports, it was not Clarkson's or anyone else's idea to go driving through Argentina an a Porsche with the (British) numberplate H982 FKL - just an "unfortunate coincidence" which no-one on the Top Gear team noticed until some kindly locals pointed it out to them. Doubly unfortunate: the number itself, and the fact that it happened in Clarkson's show....

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2014/oct/03/top-gear-argentina-jeremy-clarkson-bbc
  • roddydogsroddydogs Posts: 10,298
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I dont believe that even the most ardent JC fan thinks the Number plate was "Coincidence"!
  • Mark39LondonMark39London Posts: 3,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    roddydogs wrote: »
    I dont believe that even the most ardent JC fan thinks the Number plate was "Coincidence"!

I agree, although it isn't just JC as there is a sizable production team behind Top Gear.

Personally, I think it is just another way to drum up coverage and also personally, I found it hugely amusing.
  • -Batman--Batman- Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    Well if you do a car check on the reg everything is spoton so IMO just bad luck and nothing else
  • jonbwfcjonbwfc Posts: 18,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Even if the plate was deliberate, what sort of idiot starts a riot over a number plate? Really?What are they, children throwing a tantrum? Grow up.
This discussion has been closed.