Options

The Walking Dead S3 (US Pace)

Comments

• Options
    blitzben85blitzben85 Posts: 3,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How did Michonne know to bring the baby formular, did i miss something :confused:. Glenn & Maggie did not tell Merle where they were located which rules that out. Andrea does not know the group is at a prison, ruled out. The woodbury residence don't know about the prison & Merle, The Governer don't know about it.

I may have missed something obvious but can't remember.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 153
    Forum Member
    She overheard the conversation Maggi and Glen where having about how they'd hit the baby formula jackpot.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    matfer12 wrote: »
    She overheard the conversation Maggi and Glen where having about how they'd hit the baby formula jackpot.

Thank you, like i said. Must have missed that part :o
  • Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    blitzben85 wrote: »
    Thank you, like i said. Must have missed that part :o

They mentioned the Prison a couple of times while she was listening including talking about the baby having to grow up in a Prison (Maggie tells Glen to bring a toy Duck for Lil Asskicker).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone else not care if Andrea turned into a walker ? I just don't like her character at all, not because she's nasty ( she isnt). I don't have any feeling towards her like i do other people in the show.

Hershal
    Rick
    Daryl
    Glenn

I also want to add that i think Michonne is great when she's slaying walkers and stalking the Woodbury "bad guys". When she's talking...not so much.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone else feel like fastforwarding the guv'nor & Andrea scenes? Proper bore fest.

Rest of the episode was superb though. Thought the phone call was handled really well. Were those voices actually Amy & Jim's etc?

Looking forward to Glenn & Maggie's scenes next week. If it's anything like the comics its brutal.

In the comics:
    Rick, Glenn & Michonne get caught in the comics. From the helicopter crash site, Rick gets his hand chopped off, Glenn beaten & forced to listen to Michonne getting repeatidly raped 24 hours a day by the guards.

I do think they got over-powered by Merle far to easily though. Michonne could have easily distracted him to by shouting etc.

Is there a mid-season break this season?
  • Options
    Metal MickeyMetal Mickey Posts: 1,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vintage06 wrote: »
    Is there a mid-season break this season?
    Yes, just 2 more episodes to go for now, then I think it returns in February.

Another great episode this week, though I'm not sure I'm sold on Rick's phone calls from beyond the grave...
  • Options
    DesricheDesriche Posts: 11
    Forum Member
    Yeah, if that's it for the phone calls it seemed like a waste of time.

Comic spoiler
    It's like they've put something in from the comics purely for the sake of putting something in from the comics

So Rick will find out about Woodbury from Michonne and the Governor will find out about the prison from Glenn/Maggie. I wonder if the mid season break will end on a showdown between the two.

Guessing the Governor would love to get his hands on the baby to raise as a replacement for Penny.

Also, if Carol was unconscious in that room how did the door keep opening and closing. Unless I missed something :confused:

As soon as they walked past it at the beginning I new Carol would be in there. Not entirely sure why they'd skip it though, you'd think it would make sense to kill every walker they come across...
  • Options
    mindsetmindset Posts: 23,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sootysoo wrote: »
    It's always interesting when a woman expresses any kind of sexuality she's labelled a ****, a **** etc. A man does it and he's the epitome of everything good and just.

I think it's always somewhat of a disappointment to encounter pseudo-feminist excuses for morally dubious behaviour in an effort to compensate for perceived gender double standards.
    Shane was sleeping with his best friend's wife and attempted to sexually molest her, yet Andrea's the bad guy for wanting a leg over? :D

I don't condemn Andrea for demonstrating her sexuality at all, let alone using words like "****" and "****". My moral objection is about the choice she made. On the one hand to remain loyal to the woman upon whom she had been wholly dependent for her life and on the other hand, to satisfy an itch that wanted scratching.

The decision she made demeans her character in my eyes, thus I now care less about her fate. She used Michonne, then dumped her. I anticipate a suitable punishment. Becoming the Governor's plaything is just the beginning, however much she thinks she's currently enjoying herself.

FWIW, my disapproval of Shane littered the seasons 1 and 2 threads.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Desriche wrote: »
    As soon as they walked past it at the beginning I new Carol would be in there. Not entirely sure why they'd skip it though, you'd think it would make sense to kill every walker they come across...

I think she was moving it with her hand, She wasn't unconscious just as you would imagine dehydrated etc etc.

I think the mid-season finale is going to be the head to head between the two.

Its a shame not many of the group have made it to the prison. Nor does it look like they are going to be at the prison very long, which is annoying compared to the comics.
  • Options
    muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have every sympathy with Andrea. I would think in the situation they are all in, where there is very little evidence of humanity left around them, any kind of physical contact - be it sex or not - would be welcome, just to prove you are still alive... can still feel.

edit Also, I don't think that's the only reason she stayed behind, who wouldn't be seduced by the semblance of normalcy that the community she's in now gives... in her eyes it sure beats having to fight on a daily, or even hourly, basis, for survival.
  • Options
    BathshebaBathsheba Posts: 6,654
    Forum Member
    muggins14 wrote: »
    I have every sympathy with Andrea. I would think in the situation they are all in, where there is very little evidence of humanity left around them, any kind of physical contact - be it sex or not - would be welcome, just to prove you are still alive... can still feel.

edit Also, I don't think that's the only reason she stayed behind, who wouldn't be seduced by the semblance of normalcy that the community she's in now gives... in her eyes it sure beats having to fight on a daily, or even hourly, basis, for survival.

This! I don't get the sudden hate for Andrea. She's been chased around by walkers for months with very little food and becoming ill. I can certainly understand why Woodbury would be an attractive prospect. And Michonne is not exactly a bundle of laughs to be around even if she is a killing machine.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love how Norman Reedus and Melissa McBride play their scenes as Daryl and Carol. It's the unspoken nature of how they feel which makes them fascinating to watch.
  • Options
    StressMonkeyStressMonkey Posts: 13,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mindset wrote: »
    I think it's always somewhat of a disappointment to encounter pseudo-feminist excuses for morally dubious behaviour in an effort to compensate for perceived gender double standards.

I don't condemn Andrea for demonstrating her sexuality at all, let alone using words like "****" and "****". My moral objection is about the choice she made. On the one hand to remain loyal to the woman upon whom she had been wholly dependent for her life and on the other hand, to satisfy an itch that wanted scratching.

The decision she made demeans her character in my eyes, thus I now care less about her fate. She used Michonne, then dumped her. I anticipate a suitable punishment. Becoming the Governor's plaything is just the beginning, however much she thinks she's currently enjoying herself.

FWIW, my disapproval of Shane littered the seasons 1 and 2 threads.

She lost faith in Michonne when Michonne could not provide a reason to leave what to Andrea seems a perfect safe haven. Perfectly reasonable. Andrea didn't leave Michonne to 'satisfy and itch', she left her for the perceived safety of Woodbury.

The relationship with the Governer is separate and it is much, much more than 'satisfying an itch'.

She is forming an alliance with a powerful player and cementing her place and elevating her position within the Woodbury group. It may well be subconscious but it is basic anthropological behaviour.
  • Options
    DEADLY_17DEADLY_17 Posts: 9,262
    Forum Member
    I just hope the baby doesnt end up dying :( but in a world like that anything can happen.

I love Michonne she is by far my favourite character and so bad ass killing zombies. I would like maybe a short flashback of her before this all happened and see what made her so strong.

I hate Andrea as she is just so stupid and her hormones stop her from thinking.

Great episode but i cant believe theres only 2 episodes left then we have to wait till February.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    muggins14 wrote: »

I would have thought the very existence of Michonne in Andrea's life was evidence of humanity in the purest sense. That is; a complete stranger rescuing her and going on to risk her life for her everyday thereafter, for no apparent reason other than human fellow feeling.
    Also, I don't think that's the only reason she stayed behind, who wouldn't be seduced by the semblance of normalcy that the community she's in now gives... in her eyes it sure beats having to fight on a daily, or even hourly, basis, for survival.

Answer: Michonne.

She (Andrea) is forming an alliance with a powerful player and cementing her place and elevating her position within the Woodbury group. It may well be subconscious but it is basic anthropological behaviour.

I take this to mean that little lady Andrea wants to be "protected" by a big, strong man and that she is using her sex as a tool to achieve this. It was my opinion that Andrea's original decision to stay in Woodberry was morally dubious, but now that she is being shown as morally corrupt, perhaps that's the best place for her. Maybe they'll show her being thrilled by the gladiator fights soon? Even though she knows it's wrong hmnnn? Wait, what?..........

DEADLY_17 wrote: »
    I love Michonne she is by far my favourite character and so bad ass killing zombies. I would like maybe a short flashback of her before this all happened and see what made her so strong.

I'd love this too! :)
    I hate Andrea as she is just so stupid and her hormones stop her from thinking.

Men are often criticised for thinking with their dicks, I think it's only fair to call out women equally. ;):D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I take this to mean that little lady Andrea wants to be "protected" by a big, strong man and that she is using her sex as a tool to achieve this. It was my opinion that Andrea's original decision to stay in Woodberry was morally dubious, but now that she is being shown as morally corrupt, perhaps that's the best place for her. Maybe they'll show her being thrilled by the gladiator fights soon? Even though she knows it's wrong hmnnn? Wait, what?..........

As we seem to view Andrea in an almost polar opposite ways I don't really want to get into a big discussion as I don't think either of us is likely to change the opinion of the other :D but I wanted to explain it is a little more than 'little lady Andrea wants to be "protected" by a big, strong man' - it is becoming part of the group and yes, there is the protection of being part of the group. But it isn't about being a 'little lady'. Merle has also done this, gifting his willingness to do the dirty work for the Governor in return for an elevated position within the group.

As I said, it is an almost subconscious behaviour but it has been human nature (and chimp nature for that matter) for thousands of years.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So far, I think Michonne is a just handy with a sword. The actress has one expression alone.
  • Options
    zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    downtonfan wrote: »
    So far, I think Michonne is a just handy with a sword. The actress has one expression alone.
    she just needs a good tickle. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zwixxx wrote: »
    :D:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DEADLY_17 wrote: »

Yes I'd love to know her back-story too, perhaps we will learn more as time goes on. It's interesting to know what they were and who they were beforehand; the Governor has implied that he was a small man in a small job prior, this 'apocalypse' has done wonders for him :D
  • Options
    Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    downtonfan wrote: »

She may spend her time scowling, but she still shows a far greater range than the girl in Revolution ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As we seem to view Andrea in an almost polar opposite ways I don't really want to get into a big discussion as I don't think either of us is likely to change the opinion of the other :D

No problem :)
    but I wanted to explain it is a little more than 'little lady Andrea wants to be "protected" by a big, strong man' - it is becoming part of the group and yes, there is the protection of being part of the group. But it isn't about being a 'little lady'. Merle has also done this, gifting his willingness to do the dirty work for the Governor in return for an elevated position within the group.

As I said, it is an almost subconscious behaviour but it has been human nature (and chimp nature for that matter) for thousands of years.

Basically all this can be summed as Merle is submitting to the alpha and Andrea is sucking.........up to the alpha. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No problem :)

Basically all this can be summed as Merle is submitting to the alpha and Andrea is sucking.........up to the alpha. :D

At least we agree the Governer is the Alpha :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zwixxx wrote: »

LOL!!!!!!