Options

Aliona, never thought I'd feel sorry for her, but she looks suicidal!

2»

Comments

• Options
    fatskiafatskia Posts: 11,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nosilauk wrote: »
    I expected them to have a bit of a cuddle though

Tony did insist he wanted Aliona to be tough on him. She will console him a little but they need to move on and get the next dance right. Job is only half done.
  • Options
    Miriam_RMiriam_R Posts: 4,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She did seem much quieter on the main show (which is understandable) but despite that she has been professional and still done her job, even if her smile doesn't look anywhere near as easily cracked as before or the body language as open or expressive. She's going through the motions as best she can and still teaching Tony as best she can (plus dancing as well and full out as expected in Pro routines) so what more can be asked of her. I think she's doing well (under the circumstances of her being in this series).
  • Options
    Mystical123Mystical123 Posts: 15,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She seemed reserved but supportive, and didn't do a bad job at all with that waltz. I don't think she could ever be expected to be jumping up and down. But I'm not surprised she's getting criticism on here, in the eyes of some posters it seems she can do no right.

About twenty tweets from her on the beach gave me the first clue

She lives in the US when not doing Strictly, in fact if I'm remembering correctly then she actually lives in Florida. So nothing to say her boyfriend went all expenses paid! And she's far from the first pro to travel long distances to coach a celeb.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tony should not be in the show, too out of shape. Rather like the Olympics, there should be a minimum standard to ensure the integrity of the show.
  • Options
    clm2071clm2071 Posts: 6,644
    Forum Member
    *paul* wrote: »
    Tony should not be in the show, too out of shape. Rather like the Olympics, there should be a minimum standard to ensure the integrity of the show.

It's a bit of a worry that his first - hardly energetic - dance almost did for him, I think a Tarbuck style withdrawal on Dr's orders may be on the card.

Feel sorry for Aliona - I'm one of her few supporters on here, it was obvious she would be given a duffer with no hope - it almost feels like the producers are just trying to prove a point and humilate her.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    clm2071 wrote: »
    It's a bit of a worry that his first - hardly energetic - dance almost did for him, I think a Tarbuck style withdrawal on Dr's orders may be on the card.

Feel sorry for Aliona - I'm one of her few supporters on here, it was obvious she would be given a duffer with no hope - it almost feels like the producers are just trying to prove a point and humilate her.

You have to feel sorry for her, knowing it'll be three weeks at most. He really shouldn't be in the show.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've re-watched Tony's dance. I can't help but notice that it starts with him carrying a packed bag.

I can't be over generous, no matter how hard I try. He's bad. Not without a chance of getting a little better (there is SOMETHING in his timing, but it's only just there)

It's perhaps a little unfair to suggest that there could be a health related incident coming but he is going to have to take things very slowly, and Aliona is going to have to take things very slowly too. Her occasional trait to shake the feather-tail to distract attention is going to have to come to play!
  • Options
    FM LoverFM Lover Posts: 50,839
    Forum Member
    Aliona was brought into as Natalie's replacement. No way in a million years would Natalaie have been saddled with Tony.

Aliona and Tony really just there to make up the numbers, I'm so sure he will be the first out so he will be able to get back to Florida counting his cash.

Aliona is so much better but there's zero chemistry between her and Tony, I think they were just about the only couple that didnt hold hands or have their arm around each other during judges comments. Personally if it we me I wouldn't be able to keep my hands off her:)

Can't see him lasting beyond next week.
  • Options
    Spin turnSpin turn Posts: 1,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tony isn't good (I do think they could have picked someone more suitable from his age range) but I don't feel remotely sympathetic to Aliona. It is her job to do the best she can for him. The show is about the celebs and their journey, not about the pros looking good.
  • Options
    clm2071clm2071 Posts: 6,644
    Forum Member
    Spin turn wrote: »
    Tony isn't good (I do think they could have picked someone more suitable from his age range) but I don't feel remotely sympathetic to Aliona. It is her job to do the best she can for him. The show is about the celebs and their journey, not about the pros looking good.

I don't think anyone's suggesting that it is about the pros looking good.

Aliona wasnt wanted on the show which is why she was let go, she's stepped in as a last minute replacement but its quite evident the producers still don't want her and have given her the celeb who's most likely to go first.

She knows it, Tony knows it and that's probably why theres zero chemistry between them.
  • Options
    PoppysinbloomPoppysinbloom Posts: 988
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Aliona is being very gracious and it makes me like her a little where I didn't before. Tony was a bit better than I expected and their routine was sweet.
  • Options
    bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mklass wrote: »
    I didn't see anything suicidal in her face!.. she won a couple of years ago with the boy band bloke Harry didn't she!... They can't all expect to have the 'winner' as a partner every year!.. I think Brendon thought that after winning the first series and he was pretty diabolical to most of his partners in the following few years!, but i notice there has been a distinct difference in his attitude to the last couple he has had, so either he has at last realised that he cant have a winner every year or he has been told to lighten up!...

Too true. She looked great IMO
  • Options
    holly berryholly berry Posts: 14,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Tony and Aliona are doing their best with what they have. Tony seemed quite likeable last night so might win public support. From the clips of the other couples yet to dance, Vanessa didn't appear to be doing herself any favours so I wouldn't be surprised if she's the first to go although we'll see how well she and James get on tonight.
  • Options
    Sho NuffSho Nuff Posts: 351
    Forum Member
    *paul* wrote: »

Totally agree.
  • Options
    coppertop1coppertop1 Posts: 4,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You know it is entirely possible for pro and celeb not to like one another, and there is nothing wrong in that, it is a show to learn to dance not to get a new best friend.

I say Aliona did really well considering in his first steps video he had trouble standing upright, he actually danced last night and did a better job than I thought he would be able to , but I can't see him staying long, not good and not really an engaging personality,
  • Options
    bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    coppertop1 wrote: »
    You know it is entirely possible for pro and celeb not to like one another, and there is nothing wrong in that, it is a show to learn to dance not to get a new best friend.

I say Aliona did really well considering in his first steps video he had trouble standing upright, he actually danced last night and did a better job than I thought he would be able to , but I can't see him staying long, not good and not really an engaging personality,

You're right nice person, but Tony is so boring.
  • Options
    DalwhatDalwhat Posts: 211
    Forum Member
    At least she got a week or so in Florida
  • Options
    Steve9214Steve9214 Posts: 8,406
    Forum Member
    Dalwhat wrote: »
    At least she got a week or so in Florida

She also gets the "HO" in the opening titles this year, maybe a comment form the backroom staff ??