Options

Not long until we can bid farewell to Cher Lloyd ?

Comments

• Options
    jlp95bwfcjlp95bwfc Posts: 18,415
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Calpowell wrote: »
    If this was the case and epic were going go drop her don't you think they would have given the studio time to their "successful" artists? :)

If they are going to drop they're they will also probably have to drop 90% of the label as all their sales are like chers if not slightly better or worse. Unless you're Michael Jackson

Exactly. Looking at Epic's list of artists many have had similar or less chart success than Cher Lloyd. I see nothing at the moment to suggest she is going to be dropped. Their biggest artist isn't even alive.
  • Options
    Los_TributosLos_Tributos Posts: 2,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If this was the case and epic were going go drop her don't you think they would have given the studio time to their "successful" artists? :)

If they are going to drop they're they will also probably have to drop 90% of the label as all their sales are like chers if not slightly better or worse. Unless you're Michael Jackson

No, you don't just throw a successful artist in the studio with no forward planning (complete or part-written songs, an idea on the 'sound' of the album etc). That sort of strategy would result in that artist flopping bigger than Lloyd! My guess would be that they're hoping for a miracle and that a song the general public actually like comes out of the sessions, and they can repackage the album as 'a deluxe' version and try and claw some money back from this disastrous campaign.
  • Options
    avon942avon942 Posts: 18,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, you don't just throw a successful artist in the studio with no forward planning (complete or part-written songs, an idea on the 'sound' of the album etc). That sort of strategy would result in that artist flopping bigger than Lloyd! My guess would be that they're hoping for a miracle and that a song the general public actually like comes out of the sessions, and they can repackage the album as 'a deluxe' version and try and claw some money back from this disastrous campaign.

So in that case she isn't being dropped??
  • Options
    drakhendrakhen Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Artists don't just get dropped just like that. If she is going to be dropped it will be when Epic has their annual review of the arts on their roster. Some will get the boot, as they're having serious financial problems at the moment. I'm not convinced this studio time is for a repackage. Surely Epic would just release another song off the album instead?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So I was wrong, Cher has been dropped by Epic. She's no longer on the artists roster on their website.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 966
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why did they bother releasing an album they couldn't be arsed to promote?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think there's more to this story as she's been recording in the studio even after her name disappeared from Epic's website according to her Twitter.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why did they bother releasing an album they couldn't be arsed to promote?

I thought this as well until someone pointed out Epic did promote it. Cher had her own tour, was part of Demi's and the album previews on Spotify and online. There's not a lot they could have done if radio wasn't interested in playing I Wish and Sirens.

She might be in the studio recording material to present to a record company to secure a new deal. My only worry would be whoever signs her would not consider her a priority given her current sales.
  • Options
    Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    drakhen wrote: »
    I thought this as well until someone pointed out Epic did promote it. Cher had her own tour, was part of Demi's and the album previews on Spotify and online. There's not a lot they could have done if radio wasn't interested in playing I Wish and Sirens.

She might be in the studio recording material to present to a record company to secure a new deal. My only worry would be whoever signs her would not consider her a priority given her current sales.

And if she presents some killer material maybe she will get signed regardless.

The latest album just was not very good. I liked about 4 songs. 'I wish' was a great song, But it did not even get released here. In fact the "video" got released on iTunes and managed to make the top 10 iTunes video chart many months ago with the song itself nowhere in sight.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What was the name of that song by The Hives?

Oh yeah, Hate To Say I Told You So! :D
  • Options
    kryskryskryskrys Posts: 3,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think this will be the end for Cher. She's very talented and charismatic and has a lot of potential. It's just that the latest album was a bit dull (a.k.a. 'mature') and it lacked the spark and personality of Sticks and Stones. The ballads were nice, especially Human and Sweet Despair, but it was lacking in uptempos, and the ones she had just weren't up to scratch.

I think the new album needs to be more fun, with more rapping from Cher and with a more 'British' feel.
  • Options
    CalpowellCalpowell Posts: 122
    Forum Member
    Thank goodness she's not signed to that horrid label anymore!!

Would just like to point out that under L.A Reids era of Epic Want U Back is the labels biggest hit :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What was the name of that song by The Hives?

Oh yeah, Hate To Say I Told You So! :D

She's in the studio right this second with record producers. She'll be back I'm sure.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jlp95bwfc wrote: »
    She's in the studio right this second with record producers. She'll be back I'm sure.

I've got a friend that owns a recording studio too...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've got a friend that owns a recording studio too...

Of course you have.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Being back in the studio is all well and good, but it doesn't mean anything at this stage. For example, Alexandra Burke has been in the studio several times since leaving her last label and she hasn't been resigned yet.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of course you have.

I find it fairly amusing that you find that so implausible. Don't you have any friends that own their own business?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I find it fairly amusing that you find that so implausible. Don't you have any friends that own their own business?

I think you misunderstood my post.
  • Options
    CalpowellCalpowell Posts: 122
    Forum Member
    And OP Cher hadn't released music in the UK for 2 and a half years, why is it only now it's "not long" until you can bid farewell to her?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And OP Cher hadn't released music in the UK for 2 and a half years, why is it only now it's "not long" until you can bid farewell to her?

You realise May wasnt two and a half years ago right?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You realise May wasnt two and a half years ago right?

That's why they said "hadn't." It's past tense in case you hadn't noticed. They make a good point. She'd left the consciousness of the majority of the population long before this album was released. That's the main reason it flopped, not because she's a brat.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It looks as though Cher has been re-signed. She's with Universal now :D.
  • Options
    rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do not particularly like her music anyway.
  • Options
    calico_piecalico_pie Posts: 10,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I suppose everyone having a go at her would be happy to be forever judged as their 16 year old selves.

No? Thought not.
  • Options
    Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    It looks as though Cher has been re-signed. She's with Universal now :D.

cool. i like her latest album, apart from 2 or 3 really duff tracks.

though u should not have bumped this thread. its a haven for trolls :o