Options

Oh Andy, what have you done?

delegate zerodelegate zero Posts: 2,632
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://i1031.photobucket.com/albums/y378/kev1888/4140C538-4D91-4D3A-AEA2-7E89A05FB24A.png

guess that answers the "is he Scottish or British debate"

Comments

• Options
    benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's him off my Xmas card list.
  • Options
    ZeraseZerase Posts: 475
    Forum Member
    It's amazing how many people are mistaking reality with "negativity".

Too many are too keen to leave rationality behind in favour of "positivity", bordering on delusion.
  • Options
    BrooklynBoyBrooklynBoy Posts: 10,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Is he a traitor now?
  • Options
    yesman2012yesman2012 Posts: 2,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hugely surprising, assuming this isn't fake. I thought someone like him with all his brand endorsements was supposed to stay out of politics, especially over something as contentious as this. I can't imagine those companies paying him £millions are happy with this.

Rightly or wrongly, he'll lose a lot of fans over this.
  • Options
    DontgimmeevalsDontgimmeevals Posts: 301
    Forum Member
    For those of you who do not follow Tennis, Andy has just gone out of the Top 10 and has not qualified for the ATP finals.

I imagine he's just realised his career is going down the pan so might as well not care what his English fans think.
  • Options
    delegate zerodelegate zero Posts: 2,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yesman2012 wrote: »
    Hugely surprising, assuming this isn't fake. I thought someone like him with all his brand endorsements was supposed to stay out of politics, especially over something as contentious as this. I can't imagine those companies paying him £millions are happy with this.

Rightly or wrongly, he'll lose a lot of fans over this
    For those of you who do not follow Tennis, Andy has just gone out of the Top 10 and has not qualified for the ATP finals.

I imagine he's just realised his career is going down the pan so might as well not care what his English fans think.

looks like it
  • Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I admire the fact that he has gone public with the way he intends to vote, and I would say that either way. It would have been easier to sit on the fence, say nothing and try and keep in with both sides.
  • Options
    Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    His career is over so no care given to losing English fans.
  • Options
    vosnevosne Posts: 14,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eurostar wrote: »
    I admire the fact that he has gone public with the way he intends to vote, and I would say that either way. It would have been easier to sit on the fence, say nothing and try and keep in with both sides.

Does he live in Scotland now?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wiki says he lives in London so he ain't voting anyway. Nae commitment :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vosne wrote: »

He probably has a house in Scotland, so I think that allows him to vote.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I believe he lives in Surrey in fact
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He does indeed, near to Dunblane
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You'd think if he was that bothered he could have made his main residence up here for a while and registered to vote etc.

Maybe he has. Bit shit if he hasn't tbh.
  • Options
    BluescopeBluescope Posts: 3,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

no he lives in England so has no vote you have to live in Scotland not just have a holiday home in the country :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bluescope wrote: »
    no he lives in England so has no vote you have to live in Scotland not just have a holiday home in the country :)

He seems pretty emphatic in that tweet that he is going to vote? Perhaps he has made arrangements to travel north tomorrow.....it would all depend if he is on the Scottish electoral register or not
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So it's....
    andymurray wrote: »
    Let's do this!!!!!...........apart from me cause I can't be arsed moving for a bit. Go Scotland!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You'd think if he was that bothered he could have made his main residence up here for a while and registered to vote etc.

Maybe he has. Bit shit if he hasn't tbh.

Re-reading his tweet, it's a bit vague apart from him having strong opinions on which side to support.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bluescope wrote: »

What exactly is the criteria of voting eligibility? Have a place of residence AND pay tax in the country?
  • Options
    david16david16 Posts: 14,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He seems pretty emphatic in that tweet that he is going to vote? Perhaps he has made arrangements to travel north tomorrow.....it would all depend if he is on the Scottish electoral register or not

Andy can't vote if he's main residence is in Surrey.

http:\\www.aboutmyvote.co.uk/the_independence_referendum/faqs_for_young_voters.aspx

Living in Scotland and Permanent home address being in Scotland are the criteria Andy would have to meet to be allowed a vote and it looks certain he can't vote.
  • Options
    BluescopeBluescope Posts: 3,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Re-reading his tweet, it's a bit vague apart from him having strong opinions on which side to support.

You have to be a Resident in Scotland to vote as many people have already said he lives in England. He has said himself he does not have the right to vote.

You don't even have to be Scottish to vote but you have to be a Resident in Scotland. so English even EU members that are Resident in Scotland can vote. But Andy Murry is resident in England so cannot :)

Funny how all these Celebs support the Yes vote but none of the live in the country that is likely to be affected by the outcome. People are quick to question Obama, Beckham, for their views etc is this any different ?

Personally no but I do believe everyone has a right to comment on their views no matter where they live.
  • Options
    TheEngineerTheEngineer Posts: 7,789
    Forum Member
    It appears to be genuine

https://twitter.com/andy_murray
  • Options
    KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member

Only until the 'Yes' vote arrives. Then I'm sure he'll be packing his wee bags and heading north of the border on a permanent basis.
  • Options
    Sweaty Job RotSweaty Job Rot Posts: 2,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Dislike the guy BUT he is entitled to air his views and we all have the right to choose to take notice or not.

Let's hope he does not experience any abuse from misguided idiots like I have for daring to support NO, been called an English pedo (born in Scotland), spat on and dealt with the after effects of my better half being abused and threatened.

I support the right of anyone to air an opinion.
  • Options
    KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    I wonder what 'campaign negativity' he was referring to. Could it have been Salmond's lies about the NHS? Shurely not...