Toshiba 32WLT66

Hi everyone

I got this tv last week, absolutely fantastic picture quality and changed the backlight, brightness & contrast down to a more respectable level.

I have noticed on letter box presentations that there seems to be a bigger gap at the bottom of the screen compared to the top.

I would have thought that with LCD's there would be little picture loss on all four sides. Unlike some of the earlier Toshiba's this tv will not allow you to change the horizontal and vertical sizes to ensure I have the whole picture.

Does anyone know any hidden settings etc...

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I plan to get this TV once I've moved house. Can't believe how much it's come down in price recently. Less than £700 delivered on Dixons website now?!

Glad to hear it's performing well for you.
  • banbury_oddballbanbury_oddball Posts: 1,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wizross, check out the prices for this. I paid £585 last week for it, so shop around. PM me if you want the website details I purchased it from.

Excellent service etc and was here in 3 days!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 66
    Forum Member
    Thinking of getting one for £588 inc. delivery, seems very reasonable price for a good brand name with decent spec and features. Is also retailing for upto £850 elsewhere. Reviews and opinions appreciated!
  • banbury_oddballbanbury_oddball Posts: 1,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Baz - just e-mailed you and sorry it's the 32WL66 as Freeview isn't available in my village and not worth paying the extra £100+ for it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    banbury_oddball - thanks for the offer but it's the freeview version I want.

However, by the time I come to buy it'll probably be even cheaper!
  • villarockovillarocko Posts: 76
    Forum Member
    Does anyone have any suggestions as to what the picture settings should be on this TV? I'm always fiddling about with the contrast, brightness & colour, which I hardly ever did on my previous (CRT) tv.
    Should I just set everything to the neutral (middle) position to get the most "natural" picture? I'm never sure whether the contrast, in particular, should be set high or low (or neither)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 44
    Forum Member
  • villarockovillarocko Posts: 76
    Forum Member
    Thanks Valcor - very useful.