Options

Which international series are the best?

InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,792
Forum Member
I'm considering watching one, but I want it to be a good one :D

I've seen the US version, UK version and Canadian version, for me the best ones are;

BB6 US
BB10 US
BB13 US
BB3 UK
BB5 UK
BB13 UK
BB2 Canada

I guess what i'm really asking about is the Australian version, which would you suggest :p

Comments

• Options
    Artemis1Artemis1 Posts: 1,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am on episode 70 of Australia 2013 and it is brilliant.
    It contains all the elements that makes bb great.
    Having previously watched the bbuk 15 train wreck , this is the opposite.

Bb Australia 2014 was good too but it was cut short and no episodes from Friday to Monday due to footy which spoilt it a bit.

The Australian houses are very luxurious.
  • Options
    09beyoncefan09beyoncefan Posts: 2,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Australian series is brilliant! Like ours, it's split into two "eras" on different channels (it was on one from 2001-2008 and then another from 2012-now). I think the 2013 series is up there with the UK's BB7 as one of the best BB series anywhere in the world. There were only a couple of awful housemates imo, a couple were deadwood too but probably could have been better with the right coverage etc., we just didn't see them enough and they didn't have a chance. Pretty much mu perfect top 3, one of my favourites missed the final but she wasn't far off (which was surprising, she was one of those where I kept thinking every week "oh god she's definitely up and gone" but she lasted and lasted)!

For Australia, seasons 3, 4, 9 and 10 are great imo. The recent one was as bad as our Big Brother this year imo, it had one of my absolute favourite BB housemates ever though (Priya). They just treated it like a soap almost, no updates from the house aside from the highlights shows and live shows, plus they really pushed certain storylines (such as romances and rivalries) then made sure that once a person was pushed into a certain storyline they were pretty much only shown within that storyline (it led to a few being defined as "_____'s boy/girlfriend" and not having much of a personality or identity of their own. Plus the wrong housemates went way too early and left some absolute dullards and a couple of horrible people to last way too long. Series 8 was terrible too, no wonder it led to the cancellation! I just hope that doesn't happen this time :/
  • Options
    TheManWhoLaughsTheManWhoLaughs Posts: 7,271
    Forum Member
    It looks like you're a big fan of "conflict" seasons with 2 sides of the house at war, which isn't really a strength of BB Australia. I'd echo the decision to try BBAU 10, though it's still very mild compared to UK/US and annoyingly family friendly.

The *best* international series with some of my favourite arguments is Big Brother Israel 3. English subtitles only, but it features the most argumentative female cast ever and is awesome all the way through (apart from the winner).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you watch the marvellous Big Brother Australia 2013 you will also see Tahan .
    She is great
  • Options
    InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,792
    Forum Member
    Thanks for your help everyone, I actually meant to say BB14 UK.. 13 was awful I stopped watching mid-way :p
  • Options
    LeonalewisJfanLeonalewisJfan Posts: 2,130
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nvm..
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never mind all of them, BB Israel beats them all.
  • Options
    joshrulez2joshrulez2 Posts: 1,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The U.S and Canadian seasons are easily the best as the format is the best by miles.
    The older US seasons tend to be better though, BB6, BB7, BB8, BB10 were all great
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It looks like you're a big fan of "conflict" seasons with 2 sides of the house at war, which isn't really a strength of BB Australia. I'd echo the decision to try BBAU 10, though it's still very mild compared to UK/US and annoyingly family friendly.

The *best* international series with some of my favourite arguments is Big Brother Israel 3. English subtitles only, but it features the most argumentative female cast ever and is awesome all the way through (apart from the winner).

I think BB5 Israel was amazing. None of the cast disappointed me. Also I got quite emotional to see Levana and Tahunia in the final together, and Tahunia deserved to win after not only the entertainment she provided, but the blatant racist abuse she got from two male housemates (who happened to be father and son)
  • Options
    Nollaig79Nollaig79 Posts: 1,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would love to see BB Israel, but I cannot find any links online.
    If someone could PM me the links, I would appreciate it very much, thanks.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just finished bb Australia 2013 (over 85 episodes) and it was brilliant so what a shock to see channel 5 not having learned a thing.
    They are engineering conflict with cbb for the sake of headlines.
    Putting a reformed alcoholic in with page 3 model and giving him mixed drinks
    What could go wrong?
    I am going back to bbau 2012
  • Options
    littlemissbblittlemissbb Posts: 918
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm half way through Australian BB 2013. Loving it, especially the way they nominate.