Options

WTF is Gilligan's eye?

Comments

• Options
    YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    ardwark wrote: »
    It's all very well having a laugh and a joke but no-one will be laughing when someone gets their Gilligan's eye poked out with all the high-jinks. :mad:

Well nobody knows what Gilligans eye is so turns out people may be laughing when they get poked there ...
  • Options
    rbdcayrbdcay Posts: 12,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yuffie wrote: »
    Well nobody knows what Gilligans eye is so turns out people may be laughing when they get poked there ...

Quite and then won't we all feel ridiculous...

I think I have an itch I hope it is nowhere near my Gilligan's eye...
  • Options
    YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    rbdcay wrote: »
    Quite and then won't we all feel ridiculous...

I think I have an itch I hope it is nowhere near my Gilligan's eye...

Are you afraid to scratch anything now ???
    Soon parents will be telling their kids to leave their Gilligans Eye alone or they might go deaf !!
  • Options
    ribtickleribtickle Posts: 6,361
    Forum Member
    jonsfab wrote: »
    Or a Japs Eye

Why not just say Japs Eye

hahahahahhaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrr

The first time I heard it I thought it was a reference to that.

Willy gland's eye.

The rudest X Factor moment since Diana kept opening her legs while singing about corned beef.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are you afraid to scratch anything now ???
    Soon parents will be telling their kids to leave their Gilligans Eye alone or they might go deaf !!

I can hear it now...they'll grow hairy palms and everything. Damn that Gilligan's eye.

And what happens when a gilligan's eye goes blind?
  • Options
    minxymoominxymoo Posts: 26,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrsSpoon wrote: »
    When I hear that line I always get a picture of Gilligan (from Gilligan's Isle) in his little white hat, winking. :D

winking?;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ribtickle wrote: »
    The first time I heard it I thought it was a reference to that.

Willy gland's eye.

The rudest X Factor moment since Diana kept opening her legs while singing about corned beef.

Ha ha

Ewwwwww :D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate that line - I cringe when I see Matt singing it

As if his sh!te voice and murgering this 'slightly better than Westlife song' isnt bad enough, but he just looks like a n0b singing nonsense

That's right! don't hold back, this is brilliant :D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It comes to something when not even Google can tell you what it is.

Google isn't your friend after all. :mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have one great conundrum about this . If When we collide we collide together, then what happens after you have bumped your heads, would you need to go to hospital? This should be explained further or do they poke each other's Gilligan's eyes out?
  • Options
    fefsterfefster Posts: 7,388
    Forum Member
    Maybe he's saying Gillian's eye, referring to the fabulous Gillian McKeith i.e 'I've got Gillian's eye" (for a good story)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vidalia wrote: »

See here:-
    ardwark wrote: »
    It comes to something when not even Google can tell you what it is.

Google isn't your friend after all. :mad:
  • Options
    mrellis33mrellis33 Posts: 2,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gilligans eye FFS
    As he changed the title and is always banging on about him not wanting to do covers, whyy didnt he change Gilligans Eye to something that actually MAKES SENSE
    Apple pie rhymes with it
    Crisp and Dry works

I've only heard Gilligans eye used in the US. It means to view through innocent eyes.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's a fine line between slightly cryptic and daft lyrics. I'm afraid this song is on the wrong side of the line.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's a fine line between slightly cryptic and daft lyrics. I'm afraid this song is on the wrong side of the line.

its ridiculous .... made more terrible by brillo pad hair slob cardle
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hah ....
    well in this day and age there has to be a word or term out there already ... like Gilligans eye !!

I spy
    Gilligans eye ..................

LOL I see what you did thar. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rbdcay wrote: »
    See here:-

It's not that hard.
  • Options
    ags_ruleags_rule Posts: 19,542
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Not really. Some people just like saccarine lyrical content handed to them on a plate that doesn't make them think, whilst others prefer something a little different.
  • Options
    derbrainderbrain Posts: 1,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    this is Biffy suposedly explaining the song, unfortunately I can't get enough sound on my net book to hear what he's saying!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cc-JCy8bkN4&playnext_from=TL&videos=7uSZiehxy9I
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ags_rule wrote: »
    Not really. Some people just like saccarine lyrical content handed to them on a plate that doesn't make them think, whilst others prefer something a little different.

so nonsense is fine as long as its not perfectly CLEAR what the person is saying

Thats bull

Some people dont like nonsense
  • Options
    derbrainderbrain Posts: 1,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If no-one can understand the words how are we suposed to tell if he's getting the right emotions going with the lyrics?:confused:
  • Options
    CoenCoen Posts: 5,711
    Forum Member
    derbrain wrote: »
    If no-one can understand the words how are we suposed to tell if he's getting the right emotions going with the lyrics?:confused:

I understand what the words mean. I've figured it all out now. :D

It's not nonsense to me, it all makes perfect sense!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    so nonsense is fine as long as its not perfectly CLEAR what the person is saying

Thats bull

Some people dont like nonsense

and some people don't see it as nonsence and can interpret what the lyrics mean (even if it's not spelt out to them)

Some people like lyrics that aren't so obvious as rhyming moon, swoon and June .. it's all down to personal taste .. no right or wrong
  • Options
    CoenCoen Posts: 5,711
    Forum Member
    diamond1 wrote: »
    and some people don't see it as nonsence and can interpret what the lyrics mean (even if it's not spelt out to them)

Some people like lyrics that aren't so obvious as rhyming moon, swoon and June .. it's all down to personal taste .. no right or wrong

Yep, and the fact that lyrics aren't completely obvious and require some sort of enterpretation actually means that there is more chance that people will connect with them on a personal level, because they have the freedom to interpret them in a way that will fit in with their particular personal situation or circumstances.