rosacea

nittynattynoonittynattynoo Posts: 891
Forum Member
✭✭
Hi

recently been diagnosed with this! (yey)

been put on rozex cream and a 3 month course of antibiotics... been taking them 3 weeks now some days see a difference other days looks more or less the same.

I have no idea what my "triggers" are.... it just seemed to appear in pregnancy mid last year and i ignored it until recently when I decided that it wasnt something that was showing signs of going.

Has anyone got any tips on how to keep the flare ups to a minimum? reading about it online is all very bleak and depressing! luckily I can cover my face in foundation and ive just got some clinique anti-redness which ive yet to try.

only got it on the cheeks and the right is worse than the left.

:cry:

Comments

• nittynattynoonittynattynoo Posts: 891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thanks will have a read x
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    my mum's suffered much from it - she swears by astral cream, say's that's helped more than anything.
    My sympathy.
  • TommyGavin76TommyGavin76 Posts: 17,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    3 weeks isn't long. Mine took a lot longer to settle down. Main triggers seem to be alcohol and cold weather for me, but everyone is different.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 186
    Forum Member
    I was devastated when I was disgnosed as I had kidded myself for years that I just had sensitive skin. The antibiotic gel works a trick and I find that keeping my skin moisturised and protected is the best thing.
    Used thick foundation and red reducing cream for years then had laser treatment and it was amazing the difference even use a thinner foundation now - just give it time :)
  • India_RainIndia_Rain Posts: 2,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have mild rosacea but since I've been using African Black Soap, I haven't had a flare up at all.
    I usually couldn't use anything that involved putting water on my face but this is brilliant (for me). I use the Akamuti brand but there are different types that you can order online.
    Try the solid one, rather than the liquid one to see if it suits you.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    where can I buy that soap??

thanks your replies, nice to know im not alone, how long do you have to stay on the oral antibiotics for? Im on tetracyclin
  • fjiffjif Posts: 1,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was on oxytetracycline for a year. My rosacea improved after the first few weeks and was gone after a couple of months or so, but my GP insisted that I still continue the treatment for at least a year, so that it didn't return.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Worked with this for years and I now think it is 100% hormonal related.

Avoid any blue/claret.fushia shades for clothes and lip colour, PM for any advice you might need withg products!
  • India_RainIndia_Rain Posts: 2,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    where can I buy that soap??

thanks your replies, nice to know im not alone, how long do you have to stay on the oral antibiotics for? Im on tetracyclin

http://www.akamuti.co.uk/category/african-black-soap/

This is where I get mine, as I've found it to be the best quality. It took a few weeks to see a real improvement but I've been using it for 2 years now and haven't had any problems since. Also, it's made my thread veins on my face much less noticeable and helped with my fine lines.
    Go for the cheaper one (£3.95). I know it sounds expensive but it lasts absolutely ages. You just cut a bit off the block, lather well in your hands first and then rub gently over your face. Rinse loads with warm water (not hot) and pat dry. Each bit you cut off should last weeks.
    I usually follow it up with their distilled rosewater to tone. But any rosewater and glycerin product is good, as long as it doesn't include alcohol in the ingredients. Hope it works for you. x
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks all

urghh I cant face being on the antibiotics a year that seems such a long time!! does anyone know if you can drink on the tetra ones as I cant find anything on the information leaflet and I would like a couple of drinks new years eve. A couple of drinks will be it as I'm spending the night with family.

whats everyones experiences with rozex like if you have used it?
  • fjiffjif Posts: 1,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi nittynattynoo. You can drink whilst you are on most antibiotics. The one you can't drink with is Flagyll (metronidazole). If you ever have any queries about the medication you have been prescribed any pharmacist would be able to advise you. :)
  • TommyGavin76TommyGavin76 Posts: 17,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks all

urghh I cant face being on the antibiotics a year that seems such a long time!! does anyone know if you can drink on the tetra ones as I cant find anything on the information leaflet and I would like a couple of drinks new years eve. A couple of drinks will be it as I'm spending the night with family.

whats everyones experiences with rozex like if you have used it?

You can definitely drink on tetracycline so go for it. You may not need to be on them for a year, a few months did me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks Tommy,

some days I really feel like I can see an improvement and then other days it looks worse,

the other half says im making a big deal out of it and that I notice it where as no one else does. but its me thats looking in the mirror in the morning looking like a spotty teenager and at least if they were bloody spots they would go away!